• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion A First Look Inside Toadstool Cafe at Universal Studios Hollywood

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈

Pretty damn good conversion from the JP one!

2023_01_06_Toadstool_Cafe_020.jpg

2023_01_06_Toadstool_Cafe_023.jpg

Toadstool_Cafe_Menu_Phase_1_A_1.4.23.jpg
Toadstool_Cafe_Menu_Phase_1_B_1.4.23.jpg

the menu doesn't seem to be all inclusive, for eg. the mushroom soup is in pics but not on here

HOLD ON

massive downgrade sighted

US gets a cupcake whereas JP got Peaches wholeass cake

usj-gds-food-peach-cake-offercard-h.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

2023_01_06_Toadstool_Cafe_061.jpg

(source in OP)

... the cake did cost nearly twice as much so perhaps this makes sense but :( i wish it still had the cookie with the classic letter

Those menu items look like they will be quite delicious as they are presentable! But then I see the prices of the dishes and it feels like a premium. I guess this is par for the course for these types of establishments.

Thank you for reading.

That Peach letter doesn't look very lore accurate. More of a loose adaptation.

last random thought from me in this thread

mt beanpole is 100% going to be named in the movie, right?

super-mario-bros-movie-poster.jpg

like, that's mt beanpole, right?

Looks cool. It's unfortunate none of the items are vegan, but Ill likely never get a chance to go anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
depending on the specifics of the croutons the yoshi salad might be

unless I've completed missed something in it...

depending on the specifics of the croutons the yoshi salad might be

unless I've completed missed something in it...
Nah, they list which items are vegan and vegetarian at the bottom. The salad is vegetarian, but the croutons likely have milk or possibly, going off the name, egg, in them.

It's cool tho. I never eat at restaurants anyways, because I've worked at them and I know how rampant cross contamination is, so if I ever do go I'll just avoid the restaurant. Lol

Am I crazy but those prices aren't even bad. Possibly could be higher. Maybe it's because I'm from NYC and the cost of living is so bad I feel like selling bone marrow. But like a burger and fries for $17? A Five Guys burger and fries cost more than that lol. If I went to an actual restaurant, I'm probably paying 12-15 bucks for a burger. Spaghetti and Meatballs for $16? Not bad. again if I were to order that from my local Italian Restaurant it would be close to $20. Fountain Soda for 4.25? I just spent $6 for fountain soda at a movie theater. I went to a baseball game last summer and fountain soda was $5.50. So to me I would have no problem spending money at this place if I was going this year, which I might.

These prices aren't bad especially for something like a theme park where prices are a little inflated lol. Although, that cupcake is outrageous.

alright fam what're you ordering

I'd be all over the yoshi salad
app - Super Mushroom Soup (not on menu but in article, the bowl is too cute)
entree - Fire Flower Spaghetti to celebrate the authentic italian culture that mario represents
dessert - leave, fly to japan, get the peach cake prob the super star lemon squash drink to go - they gotta rename that though it sounds like it has squash in it

EDIT: wait, fk it I'm getting the Kids Power Up Spaghetti Marinara. This place is about my inner kid they can't stop me and I want that mystery box.

I want to go so bad but I'll probably never get the chance. Oh well, at least I can appreciate the photos!

I'm obsessed with how the interior looks. Really makes my inner child happy.

Losing the Peach Cake is a tragedy, but I'm all over those garlic knots. I'm easy to please, I suppose!
alright fam what're you ordering

I'd be all over the yoshi salad
For my entrée? The Luigi Burger. Uncharacteristic of me to go for the man in green, but I'm more of a chicken guy than a beef guy (don't actually eat any beef at all), and I love a good basil and pesto dish.

I think the menu looks great. A lot of the best things they had in Japan along with some new options exclusive to this park.

I gotta echo everyone else's disappointment at losing Peach's cake from Mario 64. It was such a great nod to the series. Our replacement is a cupcake shaped like Peach's dress which itself is cute yeah but it's no replacement for the Mario 64 cake.

Also I wish we got the pizza bowl that was in a mushroom container with a bread mushroom top. Thought that was a really neat look. At least we got mushroom soup though that comes in a plastic mushroom top.

Anyways my first meal there, thinking I go with the garlic knots as an appetizer, the short ribs for the entree, have the lemon squash to drink, and finish off with the ? Block tiramisu. But there's so much I want to eat off the menu that I'll have to make regular visits to the cafe!

It's so pretty - I do think the japanese menu look a bit better though.

But has to say, feels like this should have more kids meals no? My kids would probably be a bit dissapointed by the food offerings.

In regards to the meal, I think I'll wait and see what Singapore will offer, if it were to appear there eventually. If it does, I wouldn't mind one of those burgers and would take the Mario version (because Mario is the best Mario character).

Thank you for reading.

Looks cool. It's unfortunate none of the items are vegan, but Ill likely never get a chance to go anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
Same here, but my issue is the meat lol. I don't see anything that's fish only, but I'm probably never going there.

But Japan... I'll probably go there if they make it an actual Nintendo World and not just Mario.

Nothing Yoshi related? I mean, that dinosaur is the go to source for desserts in the mushroom kingdom, he knows how to make cookies.

Also prices seem to be pretty tame. 9 bucks for a gorgeous slice of cake? Might get 2 or 3.

Now I'm really looking forward to what foods they come up with for Donkey Kong. Having bananas be the main ingredient is obvious but I wonder about the visual appearance too. Maybe a drink container themed to a DK barrel?

Nothing Yoshi related? I mean, that dinosaur is the go to source for desserts in the mushroom kingdom, he knows how to make cookies.

Also prices seem to be pretty tame. 9 bucks for a gorgeous slice of cake? Might get 2 or 3.

There's a Yoshi-themed fruit and veggie salad on the menu.

They have a symbol on the legend for vegan so there must be an option! Someone else said apparently this menu doesn’t cover everything?

Those menu items look like they will be quite delicious as they are presentable! But then I see the prices of the dishes and it feels like a premium. I guess this is par for the course for these types of establishments.

Thank you for reading.
Interesting. Central europe here, a solid to good burger is between 8€ and 15€, thats without fried which are 3-5€ additionally.
Those prices actually look fine to me for novelity food. But at the same time, we dont have "mandatory" tips, and taxes are included.
If you add those, then were where i would expect such a location to be.

Relative: a cheeseburger in mcdonals is 1,30€ and a big mac is 4,90€, a big mac menue is 9,90€.

Back
Top Bottom