• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro A Dense Video on the Development of Majora's Mask

Mer.Saloon

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a part of an ongoing podcast I listen to playing through the Zelda series absolutely extensively and bringing up primary source development insights from the devs. It's absolutely incredible the amount of research this guy has gone through to bring all this information together. And recently his newest season is focused on Majora's Mask. And it comes with a lot of recently translated interviews we almost never hear about, shedding even more light on the development hell of this game.

The part where Aonuma screams at Miyamoto for even daring to suggest delaying the game is for some reason the part that hits me the hardest. It's like the sunk cost fallacy taken to it's absolute worst and if I were in that position I wonder if I'd also have a meltdown like that from the pure stress and desire to just stubbornly keep going.

I was looking for gaming analytical background noise for work. This (and the channel itself) is a treasure trove, thanks a lot!

I was looking for gaming analytical background noise for work. This (and the channel itself) is a treasure trove, thanks a lot!
I reccomend all the videos for the section on Ocarina of Time. The bonus videos alone are an absolute treasure trove of info about the game especially the one going into the music of OOT

Back
Top Bottom