• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sports 2024 European Football Championship (14 June - 14 July)

Which "big" teams will fumble the group stage and fail to advance to the knockout stage this time?

• France in Group D (Poland, Netherlands, Austria)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal in Group F (Turkey, Georgia, Portugal, Czech Republic)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can have DePay, Gakpo, Simons and Malen all up front, and then it's the stiff that nets is again. I don't know how he keeps doing it but I respect it.

As an old, it will never not be bewildering to see an actually good England side with technically proficient players, instead of their yeet and stampede tactics of old.

Saka brilliant, Bellingham immense.
Foden terrible, get him off asap.

I have a bad feeling Foden will be one of those players who's brilliant for his club but just can't really make his mark on the international stage.

Early days still, but all our threat came from the right. Luke Shaw coming back might make the left side less clunky, but we'll see.

Great first 30 mins. The following 60 was sloppy but at least we won.

Really enjoying this Ukraine-Romania game. Pure euros.

As an old, it will never not be bewildering to see an actually good England side with technically proficient players, instead of their yeet and stampede tactics of old.

I still can't believe England has so many amazing players and they keep playing like Leeds Utd. tbh

David Hancko is amazing

Still cant believe he hasn’t been picked up yet.

Golden Belgian era is over

Such heartbreak for Belgium :(
I really want them to win it all. Please let this be the Argentina - Saudi Arabia replay from 2022.

Huh. Did not expect Belgium to lose. Must be really demoralizing to get two goals annuled by the VAR

I knew Belgium was gonna be the first big name team to fuck it up when I opened a tradeable card of them in EA FC 24 that was gonna get upgraded and rise in price had they won.

Ref gifting France a goal kick, a misplaced pass in a dangerous position by an Austrian defender, another misplaced pass at the edge of the box by an Austrian defender, the clearance attempt headed into the own net by a different Austrian, one nice turn by Mbappé - as they say, a goal has many fathers.

I guess Mbappe wanted to force his sub before game continued? Ref is clearly out of his league. Lahoz was also a calamity in Argentina - Netherlands 2022. Are there no decent referees in Spain?

Austria was smart with the quick throw-in to keep France's subs sidelined. France was smart to have Mbappé reenter the pitch and lay down to force the issues.

About the only one not smart but in fact dumb as brick was the ref.

Mbappe really went above and beyond there. His game was over, his job was done, and he still decided to help his team out one last time.

I guess it was a pretty wilful rule-break, but I think he gets a pass because lmao what was that refereeing. 'It's 10 vs. 11 right now and not because of a lack of substitutes, better allow the game to continue that way for longer than it has to despite the fact that there's no reason to punish France like that'. Crazy.

Awesome tournament so far. We should expand it to 32 teams. Who cares if the group stages include 'less competitive' teams then. There would be the same number of games played per team and maybe the qualification could be shortened since more than half of UEFA's 55 members would qualify. There's more than enough big stadiums in Europe.

Awesome tournament so far. We should expand it to 32 teams. Who cares if the group stages include 'less competitive' teams then. There would be the same number of games played per team and maybe the qualification could be shortened since more than half of UEFA's 55 members would qualify. There's more than enough big stadiums in Europe.

Just what I was thinking when I saw there were only two games today. Fill that sucker up with however many it takes to get 3+ games per day.

Or reduce it until there's an even 2 each day. Fine by me, too. I just need consistency and not get used to one dose, then be disappointed by a lower one!

Wrong color on the drop but the position it comes from is about right with where his nose was at the end there.

Yeah I love having the smaller nations in these kinds of tournaments
The atmosphere you get from their fans is unlike anything else, especially when they pick up wins like Romania and Slovakia did yesterday

Happy my worries about Gündogan were unfounded. Captain is putting in a shift.

Still worried Neuer is gonna cost us big. Ter Stegen would have held onto approximately 2 out of the 3 balls Neuer parried away directly into an opponent's path.

Our second match is about to begin
We embarrassed ourselves last Friday but I know we can play much better. Hopefully we put a lot more fight and belief into our performance against the Swiss and hopefully we can get something out of this game tonight

Me learning the lyrics to Flower of Scotland has already improved my life more than most Euro participants bar Germany can do.

AND STOOD AGAINST HIIIIIM

Back
Top Bottom