• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sports 2024 Copa América -|- Two Americas, One Tournament (June 20th - July 14th)

EvilChameleon

The True Twilight Princess
Pronouns
he/him
CopaLogo.png

Not to be outdone by the wildly popular UEFA Euro tournament over in Germany, the 2024 Copa América is here, and for the second time in the history of the tournament, it's being held in various stadiums across the United States as sort of a precursor to the 2026 World Cup.
With all 10 CONMEBOL nations participating, plus six qualified nations from CONCACAF, it's sure to be a wonderful tournament, and hopefully just as successful as the one in 2016 was!

First, the stadiums...
AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, seating 80,000.
Mercedez-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, seating 71,000.
Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas, seating 20,738.
Bank Of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina, seating 74,867.
MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, seating 82,566.
NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, seating 72,220.
SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, seating 70,240.
Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, seating 68,500.
State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, seating 63,400.
Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada, seating 61,000.
Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri, seating 76,416.
Children's Mercy Park in Kansas City, Kansas, seating 18,467.
Inter&Co Stadium in Orlando, Florida, seating 25,500.
Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida, seating 64,767, also home of the final.

And now the groups and their teams! I've put the six CONCACAF teams in italics.
GROUP A
Argentina
Peru
Chile
Canada

GROUP B
Mexico
Ecuador
Venezuela
Jamaica

GROUP C
United States
Uruguay
Panama
Bolivia

GROUP D
Brazil
Colombia
Paraguay
Costa Rica

For a schedule that adjusts to your local time and date, check out this handy page on FotMob!​

Looking forward to it. Will have to watch some re-lives b/c of the schedules, but you can definitely avoid spoilers in Europe.

A bit weird to have some <30k stadia but mostly giant NFL arenas. I guess there simply are no 40-50k stadia in the US?

Gee CONCACAF, how come FIFA lets you be in two continental championships?

I'm pretty interested, though. I always thought the USA had some really good stadiums and it's a good excuse to pay attention to teams I normally wouldn't.

USA somehow tied 1 - 1 with Brazil in an exhibition/friendly match, let's see if they will also cause some trouble on official matches (although they also lost 1 - 5 to Colombia 😅)

man, I'm 40 and I've never seen Brazil so bad like now, not even back in the early '90s before the fourth WC title.
The team is so horrible that even Vini Jr is being dragged down.

Back
Top Bottom