• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is 70% off on Switch store $17.99 USD / $25.48 AUD / 17,99€ / £14.99

Bishop89

Piranha Plant
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-switch/

82ae1a3b6bf44cec630f940aa15efc8f2c8bcf03.gifv

This is an incredible, incredible deal.

Full-price was a barrier for many back in 2020, so I'm glad to see more sales going on, hopefully getting more people on board this most magical storytelling experience.

Just double dipped. Dont even know when I’ll get around to playing it, but I have no regrets.

This game is really something special, and that price is a fucking steal. If you’re even remotely on the fence, just go for it.

i have never heard or played it.

do i play it?
It's a pretty fun visual novel that's telling a non-linear story with tons of plot twists. Some of it is slice of life in school, so if you're not into that particular anime genre, maybe steer clear as it's the main focus even throughout insane narratives.
There's some gameplay that's relegated to a different mode that's kinda like a very easy RTS.
Some pervy anime humor is present and one character can only be described as "breasting boobily" every time they move a muscle. Still, it's a fun time. I expected the plot twists to be in place of an actually good story, but there are some fun interactions. Reminds me of Zero Escape somewhat.

Sega has some pretty good deals going on all around right now.

New lowest prices for Two Point Campus ($13.49), Persona 3 Portable & Persona 4 Golden (or even better, the bundle of both for $25.66), and the overly expensive Etrian Odyssey Collection is coming down to earth ($55.99) instead of $80.

Many other games have matched previous lows including much of the Sega Ages series ($1.99), Sega Genesis Classics ($7.49), Catherine: Full Body ($12.49) and the Hatsune Miku game ($19.69)

I have no idea what this game actually is, just that everybody that has played seems to think that it's the best thing ever.
It's kind of a hard game to describe, but here goes:

There are two halves to the game, combat and story. You get to choose whichever one you want to play at any given time, but you'll get locked out of progressing through one at certain points until you play through enough of the other.

Combat is a real-time strategy game with teenagers piloting mechs to fight giant robots. How did that come about? That's up for you to find out. The battles are fun and not too challenging, but the real draw here is the plot.

The story half of the game presents a non-linear narrative that gives you a ton of freedom for how you want to experience it. It's sort of like a simple click-and-point adventure game, almost a visual novel, but not quite. There are 13 main characters that each have their own story, split into chapters, and you get to choose the order you view them in, whether you want to hop around from character to character or just beeline one character's story as much as possible before moving on, it's all up to you.

Not to go into spoilers, but overall, it's a very unique experience, it's fascinating to gradually see how everything fits together. There's nothing else quite like it.

Like I said in another thread, this sale got me to bite. Might be my December game! but not sure ultimately.

Bought it. The art is so good on my OLED TV.

Where is the freaking Muramasa port

I bought it and will hold this forum accountable if I do not like it.

Just kidding, excited to see what everybody is raving about

I have no idea what this game actually is, just that everybody that has played seems to think that it's the best thing ever.

Well, I played it because how much it got recommended and didn't enjoy it. At the end is basically a visual novel with a no linear progression. I am not into visual novels, I just prefer other ways of story telling but go attracted by the mix of story and strategy gameplay. However, the combat side is barebones and as deep as a puddle and feels like an annoyance to the story progression because of how uninteresting and easy it is.

So, I would recommend it to people interested in visual novels because that's the core of the whole experience and it's where the game offers something new and valuable.

Bought it. The art is so good on my OLED TV.

Where is the freaking Muramasa port
Why would you open this wound? Now i'll be sad for the rest of the day remembering that Muramasa will never have a port on the Switch.

As for 13 sentinels: loved it, but i can't consider it the best thing ever like most people due, because it's not a deep visual novel game neither a deep strategy game; but it's a good mix of both.

Back
Top Bottom