• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News • Nintendo and DeNA to establish joint venture company

Nintendo Systems Co is the new subsidiary name and it will be doing "research and development, as well as operations to strengthen the
digitalization of Nintendo’s business, in addition to the creation of
value-added services."

Doesn't seem like a game focused branch. Interesting, nonetheless. Though I'm a bit wary about those "value-added services".

Nintendo and DeNA jointly develop and operate
game apps for smart devices, and Nintendo entrusts
DeNA with the joint development and operation of
membership services for various devices.

So they're basically blowing out the Nintendo Account. What that entails will be interesting to see.

Actually very excited to see what comes from this. The accounts and subscriptions system have definitely not been Nintendo's strongest suit so there is room for improvement. Hopefully a dedicated company can improve on this.

I just want my dream to happen, where online games have "hooks" in them where you can literally schedule an online match outside the game on an app (with game-specific configurations pre-planned, for those who want their Smash online with friends to be "No Items Fox Only Final Destination", as one example), and then when you go to launch the game, it loads it up completely ready to go.

It'd be a nice feature so you can make specific playtimes that are butter-smooth to jump into.

I guess they weren't just bullshitting there. Isn't DeNA already involved with Nintendo Accounts/My Nintendo? Or am I confusing something?
IIRC DeNA was brought on to jumpstart Nintendo’s mobile efforts and build out the Nintendo Account infrastructure. The synopsis posted by @Semi Lazy Gamer sounds like a continuation of that, with a stronger relationship in place.

Doesn't seem like a game focused branch. Interesting, nonetheless. Though I'm a bit wary about those "value-added services".

DeNA are the ones who made the Nintendo Account system that Nintendo currently use. This is just a continuation of what they're already doing.

I just want my dream to happen, where online games have "hooks" in them where you can literally schedule an online match outside the game on an app (with game-specific configurations pre-planned, for those who want their Smash online with friends to be "No Items Fox Only Final Destination", as one example), and then when you go to launch the game, it loads it up completely ready to go.

It'd be a nice feature so you can make specific playtimes that are butter-smooth to jump into.
Splatoon would be perfect, problem is, they're rather off the hook.

if this means more NSO then I'm happy
I may be mistaken, but I don't think this is related to the virtual consoles in any way, those are supposedly developed internally at NERD. This is probably more about the NSO channel on Switch and the various parts of Nintendo's website that deal with accounts. Probably the companion smartphone apps too. Hopefully also various backend updates that enable long requested features in the future.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think this is related to the virtual consoles in any way, those are supposedly developed internally at NERD. This is probably more about the NSO channel on Switch and the various parts of Nintendo's website that deal with accounts. Probably the companion smartphone apps too. Hopefully also various backend updates that enable long requested features in the future.
You're correct. NSO, or at least, the emulators and games, are handled by NERD. DeNA is primarily involved in backend network system architecture and mobile game development. This partnership will not, for example, suddenly increase the output of SNES games on NSO.

You're correct. NSO, or at least, the emulators and games, are handled by NERD. DeNA is primarily involved in backend network system architecture and mobile game development. This partnership will not, for example, suddenly increase the output of SNES games on NSO.

Nintendo PTD is in charge of NSO. NERD “collaborates with several developers on NSO” and I believe they handle certain drivers and some of the integration of UX / UI.

Back
Top Bottom