• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News “Love Live! School Idol Festival 2 MIRACLE LIVE!” is getting localized this February, then shutting down 3 months later.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

yes, you read the thread title correctly.

even beyond this absurd wrinkle to the story. the game has had an unusual history.
the original Love Live School Idol Festival was a hugely popular mobile game, hitting 10 million players within it’s first year.
traditionally mobile titles like this stay consistently updated for decades, but Bushiroad had the idea of making a sequel. taking the original game down with it.

evidently this backfired horribly, considering the sequel is also shutting down on March 31st in Japan.
presumably something in the localization team’s contract required them to finish it in some form. resulting in a release with an absurdly short lifespan.

What a tweet. Excited to bring you this game, and we also regret to inform you we're shutting it down soon!

A shame, too, since the Love Live anime are pretty darn fun.

So....

XpjVtut.gif

Wanted to play this so I was pretty disappointed by the news. I think I’ll probably still download it and play it for a bit while it briefly exists.

reminder: this is the last week you can play the game.
yep, I made sure to set a reminder for this.
j5xziMM.jpeg

to their credit, they did implement some very basic offline support after the servers go down. giving info on the “albums and titles” you unlocked prior to the shutdown.
After 6:00 AM on May 31 (UTC+0), 2024, please launch the version 1.3.0 app on the device where local data is saved.
・When starting for the first time, switching to the local offline function will be performed.
・Once the switching is complete, the local offline function screen will be displayed.
・By tapping the album button, you can check the member information, idolize status, etc. saved in the local data.
・You can return to the local offline function screen using the Back button at the top left of the album screen.
・Tap the title button to view the acquired titles and information.
*The language used at the last login will be recorded as the language of the local offline function.

I played it every day since launch and will play it to the bitter end. Fantastic music game.

Back
Top Bottom