• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles sells 1 million units worldwide + Dragon's Dogma and Resident Evil 6 sell 1 million units on Nintendo Switch

mazi

picross pundit
Capcom has updated its list of “Platinum Titles“—games that have sold over one million units—providing total sales numbers as of March 31, 2024.

• The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (PS4, Switch, PC) has sold one million units (New)
  • Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Switch) has sold 1.1 million units (New)
  • Resident Evil 6 (Switch) has sold one million units (New)

Yeah, every single RE Engine Resident Evil game is so being ported to Switch 2.
hopefully they get the hint. Or do Nintendo owners need more "tests"?
God, I hope not. "Hmm, maybe the Switch was a fluke after all... better test the waters on Switch 2 with Ultra Resident Evil Gaiden HD, just to be sure!"

7, 8 and remakes of 2, 3 and 4 are 100% happening on switch 2

edit: this is the second RE release to become a million seller on switch, the first being revelations collection which has sold 1.4 million copies

A bit surprised that its RE6 that hits 1M first of the mainline RE titles.

4 and 5 cant be far behind.

Nice to see the success of both DD on Switch and great Ace to!

An excellent set of games, very happy they reached that landmark.

That picture choice is, uh...

I secretly hoped for more units sold across all systems for DGS/GAA. They're basically new games outside of Japan.

Get ready for RE 7, VIllage, REmake 2, REmake 3, & REmake 4, at minimum, on Switch 2.

I'm not counting cloud versions

Super happy with how well Ace Attorney's been doing recently. Hope the Apollo trilogy keeps it up and something new (regardless of if it's 7 or a GAA3) gets revealed soon.

I secretly hoped for more units sold across all systems for DGS/GAA. They're basically new games outside of Japan.
A million is still a pretty big jump compared to how Ace Attorney usually sold back in the 3DS days. Chronicles is straight up now the second best selling game in the series.

Fantastic news for GAA and the Trilogy Collection continues to have amazing legs. Let's hope we see a new game finally announced this year.

Also, I hope this motivates Capcom to port the recent RE games and Dragon Dogma 2 to Switch 2.

I'm sure the RE games are going to be there.
SF6 is also one title that they're def going to try to get there as fast as possible.
And I'm sure they're going to be looking at DD2 as well, but CPU performance is looking like it could be a huge bottleneck for the game considering the type of performance we're seeing from consoles and PC.

That has got to mean more Ace Attorney and ports of newer Resident Evil games for the Switch 2, right?

Both great news in my book.

That has got to mean more Ace Attorney and ports of newer Resident Evil games for the Switch 2, right?

Both great news in my book.
I fully expect RE7, VIllage, REMake 2,3,4 to be on Switch 2, at minimum. I think future RE games have a good chance as well.

I can't believe it's already been three and a half years since the Capcom data breach that mentioned AA7... We can only hope that with the sales success of GAA and finally getting ports of the second trilogy, that we will get something new soon at last

I’m genuinely surprised how well RE6 sold on Switch, despite it being an extremely controversial game.

Do we also have any data regarding other RE games on Switch, since I would expect RE4 probably being the best sellar on Switch.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all RE Engine games are getting late ports for Switch 2 throughout 2025/26. Resident Evil 6 being an 7 year old port of the most hated game of the franchise and managing to crack one million is damn impressive. I'm pretty sure that this Resident Evil Outrage/Revelations 3 timed exclusive was real at some point but got scrapped(wouldn't be surprised if the next RE spin off is timed exclusive to Switch 2 tho).

Yeah, Dragon's Dogma 2 is probably getting ported too if they can make it run nicely(which isn't something we can be sure sadly).

And I'm glad Ace Attorney sold well, really hope we have that new game that was supposed to be released ages ago still coming, maybe even announced the June Direct!!

Super happy with how well Ace Attorney's been doing recently. Hope the Apollo trilogy keeps it up and something new (regardless of if it's 7 or a GAA3) gets revealed soon.

A million is still a pretty big jump compared to how Ace Attorney usually sold back in the 3DS days. Chronicles is straight up now the second best selling game in the series.
I know, but this is being sold on 3 platforms with a far bigger player base. I don't think 1 million is bad by the way, it's great.

One thing to keep in mind though is that both of these games are routinely available on very deep discounts, Dragon's Dogma in particular is frequently as low as $5 USD.

I can't believe it's already been three and a half years since the Capcom data breach that mentioned AA7... We can only hope that with the sales success of GAA and finally getting ports of the second trilogy, that we will get something new soon at last
As a guy who's been holding on to that same breach (as well as the Nvidia one) in hopes that "Rockman Taisen" manifests at some point very soon, I can relate.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all RE Engine games are getting late ports for Switch 2 throughout 2025/26. Resident Evil 6 being an 7 year old port of the most hated game of the franchise and managing to crack one million is damn impressive. I'm pretty sure that this Resident Evil Outrage/Revelations 3 timed exclusive was real at some point but got scrapped(wouldn't be surprised if the next RE spin off is timed exclusive to Switch 2 tho).

Yeah, Dragon's Dogma 2 is probably getting ported too if they can make it run nicely(which isn't something we can be sure sadly).

And I'm glad Ace Attorney sold well, really hope we have that new game that was supposed to be released ages ago still coming, maybe even announced the June Direct!!
I think there was a rumour being that RE revelation 3 was actually turned into re8.

I'm pretty sure that this Resident Evil Outrage/Revelations 3 timed exclusive was real at some point but got scrapped(wouldn't be surprised if the next RE spin off is timed exclusive to Switch 2 tho).
I hate to say it, but I actually think it's pretty unlikely it was ever really true. iirc the name Outrage did come from a Capcom leak, but nothing in the leak indicated it was a high budget Revelations style spin-off for the Switch. Considering everything from the Capcom leak has lined up except for AA7 which is likely just going through development problems, I think it's more likely Outrage was ReVerse

edit: this is the second RE release to become a million seller on switch, the first being revelations collection which has sold 1.4 million copies
Ridiculous that SIX(!!!!) was the million seller and not REmake or 4 (or even 5)

So happy to hear this news. I hope that means AA7 will arrive early on in the Switch 2 lifecycle!

Hopefully they play something this EPIC for the AA7 reveal

Gotta be one of my favorite orchestral versions of a video game track

GAA1+2 still feel like such miracles to me. The team fighting to finish the story they'd started, the bundle's producer's hail mary to give the games a second chance and a localization, and even the original conception of the project, with Takumi fusing his influences into his own creation. It might've taken some persistent discounting and bundles but I'm really happy it hit the milli mark.

… and then, it was launch day. 'Ooh, looks like everyone is really loving it! This is great!' I thought over that first weekend, and by Monday, there was a sea of online stores reviews. Players brought up all sorts of things, but the one that kept coming up was, 'This game is the worst of the worst because it's incomplete.' Even though I wasn't directly involved in the game's development, the storm of terrible reviews was heart-breaking. My boss at the time told me to document all the reviews I could. So, with tears in my eyes for a game that I loved and a dev team I respected, I read each review one by one and collected them into a report. It was so hard, and I was so miserable that it really brought me down. After that, I began my work on a different title, so I wasn't able to help with the 3DS version of the second game, which came out two years later.

Even though I wasn't directly involved with Resolve itself, stories of how the dev team was burning the candle at both ends to complete a ghastly amount of work reached my ears. After the game's release, I had the chance to better know some of the dev team members and work with them a little. It was then that I learned even more of their tale. To a dev team member, I'm kind of like an outsider looking in, but I think I just might be the most knowledgeable outsider there is about what the team was really going through at the time. ...

As I said, I had chosen to come to Capcom because of my love for Ace Attorney, and after a great many talks with the original dev members, I began to believe that perhaps it was my calling to try to re-introduce The Great Ace Attorney to Japanese players, and finally introduce it to the rest of the world. I'd worked on a few games by that point and gained some experience as a producer, so one day, at a meeting with my boss (the one who told me to write up all those reviews into a report), I boldly proposed, 'Let me start a project to bring the two games together and port them to current gen platforms! I believe it will absolutely sell, so please give me the chance to show you!' And…to my surprise, he simply answered, 'I see… Well, I won't say no just yet, so why don't you try and come up with a plan first and we can go from there…'!!! In that moment, I could hear the doors to The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles project creak open.

lmfao @ the photo choice

Don't threaten me with a good time.
yeah i'd gladly take an HD remake of this

Resident_Evil_Gaiden_Boxart.gif

Nintendo fans liking Capcpom games is no surprise.

They’ll be porting the RE games as easy money to Switch 2. Here’s hoping RE 9 will make it too.

It's a no brainer. I just hope to god that they get proper physical releases.

It's RE:4's last chance to get a complete edition preserved.

hopefully they get the hint. Or do Nintendo owners need more "tests"?
To be fair to Capcom, I dont think the "we demandz testz" thing applies to them?

They dont put out as many new titles these days, unf.

But they dedicated a huge chunk of internal resources for a switch-first mainline Monster Hunter, a really cool original spinoff, a good number of the non-AAA games, along with everything they could port/re-release.

This gen has definitely been missing a brand-new Ace Attorney after a slew of enjoyable 3ds original entries tho.

To be fair to Capcom, I dont think the "we demandz testz" thing applies to them?

They dont put out as many new titles these days, unf.

But they dedicated a huge chunk of internal resources for a switch-first mainline Monster Hunter, a really cool original spinoff, a good number of the non-AAA games, along with everything they could port/re-release.

This gen has definitely been missing a brand-new Ace Attorney after a slew of enjoyable 3ds original entries tho.
I mean the term "Capcom test" exists for a reason

The person who coined the test thing at Capcom doesn’t even work there anymore.

He’s with Sony these days

Dragon's Dogma's been out on Switch a while, is the 1.1 million units good relative to how it performed on everything else?
Wikipedia said it has sold 7.9 million units as of September last year, which i assume includes most of the 1.1 million Switch sales.

If we're rounding and just assume around 1 million units sold as of September 2023, Switch accounted for 12-13% of its total lifetime sales which isn't bad considering the 7.9 million would have included the original PS3/360 releases plus the re-releases on PS4/XBONE.

Back
Top Bottom