• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Retro Handhelds |ST|

I love the look of the Odin 2 Mini in white. Simply incredible. The prices are outrageous, but man. It almost seems worth it.

I went ahead and preordered the RG35XXSP. Hoping I can use it as better replacement for my MM+ and then pass that one on to somebody else. The MM+ is still great for what it is, but I can't really pass up on the SP I think.

The RG Cube looks awesome, I'm considering nabbing one when they release that.

I went ahead and preordered the RG35XXSP. Hoping I can use it as better replacement for my MM+ and then pass that one on to somebody else. The MM+ is still great for what it is, but I can't really pass up on the SP I think.
This is basically my plan. I’ll order the SP soon, probably the first time it gets a sale, and then I think I’ll pass the MM+ on to someone else. It’s too good of a device to sit gathering dust, but between the SP, the H, and the Odin 2, the MM+ wouldn’t have any purpose at all. Better to give it to someone and maybe get them addicted to retro handhelds!

I've been looking for a pocketable metal device that acts as a half-step between my Miyoo Mini and my Retroid Pocket 4 Pro. Is the RG353M the only small, metal handheld with Linux?

And if anyone here owns one, how is it in terms of controls (d-pad and buttons, mainly) compared to other systems/retro handhelds?

The replacement backplate to my Retroid Pocket 4 Pro arrived today! Took about the same time to ship as my device.

Having already took the device apart, the process to install the new backplate was super simple. Even so, I appreciate Retroid providing all of the necessary tools (replacement screws, the proper screwdriver, and a spudger) to make it as painless as possible. I received the correct color backplate, and the triggers did feel a bit more resistant, which is a good sign.

While this is an unfortunate QA situation, I can't complain about the customer service. I'll stick with the Miyoo Mini for my Pokémon Kanto Expansion Pak playthrough, but I can't wait to go back to this one for other titles.

My goal for this weekend is to finally make my RG35XXH usable. It’s been sitting on my desk for three weeks because I haven’t had the time to set it up. This week I finally flashed the new version of muOS and attempted a two card setup, but I can’t get the second card to be recognized no matter what I do. I’m thinking it may be a hardware issue? So I guess I’ll just have to go with a single card setup. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom