• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Hi-Fi Rush Is Reverse Review Bombed In Protest

chusskaptaan

Rattata
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi-Fi Rush, a highly successful game by Tango Gameworks, is being reversed review bombed in protest over Microsoft sudden closure of the studio.

This week Microsoft closed multiple studios as part of a division wide shake up. The decision was met with tremendous backlash by the gaming community, commentators, and media.

One fan took it as far as nuking Phill Spencer’s base in Fallout 76. Although we hear Phill is planning a retaliatory strike.

Plenty of hidden hems under Hi-Fi Rush review tab on Steam. Here are some examples that I liked:

“RIP Tango Gameworks and f*** Microsoft and corporate greed, people lose their jobs and their passion because a greedy executive wants to buy themselves another yacht.”

“Tango, Arkane Austin, and everyone affected today didn’t deserve this.”

Unfortunately, the shake up at Microsoft’s Xbox division isn’t complete. More restructuring will take place in July, Brad Sams reported earlier.
Via: Clawsomegamer

The damage is done. Emotions aside, this is a bad look for everyone involved.

Reverse review bombed means they're giving it good reviews, right? Or am I not understanding properly
Dropping tons of negative reviews when the consensus is still positive to prove a point.

It's not gonna send the message they think, unfortunately. It just proactively hurts people looking at reviews of HiFi in the future, who may not be familiar with the going ons.

Voting with your wallet is what ultimately sends a message.

You gotta feel bad for Tango Game works. Wonder if Microsoft is seeing the low scores as proof they made the right call.

The damage is done. Emotions aside, this is a bad look for everyone involved.

Reverse review bombed means they're giving it good reviews, right? Or am I not understanding properly
There's an image in the OP. The reverse part is due to the reviews being positive.

At this point I wonder if I should just get the game on Steam now and give up on any hope of a Switch 2 port

Back
Top Bottom