• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Garry's Mod is removing all Nintendo related Steam Workshop uploads due to takedowns (Update 3: who knows anymore)

Possible troll New
  • It's possible that this may be a troll/fraud?

TL;DR Nintendo has no involvement in this situation and it is actually a copyright troll known as "Aaron Peters".

Exactly as the title says. Several Nintendo-related mods are being flagged with DMCA claims and some of these attempts were successful on some notable mods (Such as Apoc Hedgie's Mario ragdolls pack and Super Mario Odyssey pack).

Just recently, several other mods were flagged with DMCA claims. However, this is not Nintendo's doing as Apoc Hedgie and Brewster T. Koopa have said that they have not been given emails regarding this, so it's safe to say that it's either a glitch or someone is falsely flagging Nintendo-related mods with DMCA claims. The latter of which seems to be the case as we can see here.

If you own any Nintendo-related mods, it is highly recommended that you have them unlisted to avoid getting a DMCA claim. For those of you who have subscribed to any of the aforementioned mods and said mods were removed, you can archive them onto your computer by extracting the .GMA files in the "addons" folder or in the workshop folder.

I also want to make a disclaimer that I am NOT in any way experienced in modding and will NOT reupload any mods removed from the Workshop out of respect for the creators.

One last thing: PLEASE DO NOT HARASS OR GO AFTER ANYONE! And please for the love of god do NOT attempt any act of vigilantism. Two wrongs do not make a right and I do not support nor endorse harassment, witch-hunting, or doxxing. The whole point of this post is to raise awareness.

Out of respect for the authors of the mods in question, please don't reupload the mods until the problem has been resolved.

Hopefully the situation will blow over, but then again, it's unlikely.

EDIT 1: We identified the culprit behind the fraudulent DMCA claims. Several mods for a game called Fraymakers were taken down in a similar fashion. Crispy Toast also made a video with a comment telling him that the one responsible is Aaron Peters.

EDIT 2: I have come with great news! Some good people in the community managed to archive the mods that were taken down (Most of them anyway). The link to the Google drives will be added below. Kudos to the people who made them.

EDIT 3: This will probably be the last edit because I lost hope. We have a direct confirmation from Brewster T. Koopa that the fraudster is indeed Aaron Peters (Possibly a fake identity to throw us off) after more of his mods were given fraudulent DMCA claims. Valve refuses to act on the situation and would rather count money than help with the community. At this point, we can't really do anything about it. I won't comment any more on this post and will now only focus on adding links of Googles drives or anything similar. I'm done.

Back
    Top Bottom