• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Assassin's Creed Shadows Announced- Coming Nov 15th to PS5, Xbox, PC, and Mac

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
faFuN1q.png

1VqdEUn.png

I'm looking forward to the full announcement!

I'm really hoping this will be one of the first games on the Switch 2. Would mirror how I got Assassin's Creed III as one of my first games for the Wii U.

honestly with all the games taking place in Japan that have come out since people were desiring an AC Japan game....I feel the idea has kinda lost it's luster

Anvil is going the way of Snowdrop with mandatory ray tracing. Gonna be fun to see after how gorgeous Avatar was

I'm really hoping this will be one of the first games on the Switch 2. Would mirror how I got Assassin's Creed III as one of my first games for the Wii U.
This comes from the team that did AC Odyssey and Immortals. Immortals was one of the best looking ports I've played on Switch. No doubt these people will deliver with Shadows on the successor too.

Currently playing Mirage, and while it's the exact same yank as all the others, I love the setting and this has an equally interesting setting. So, extremely cautiously optimistic.

Same. I bought that at launch. One of the biggest disappointments I can ever remember.
It's absolutely insane how stark the contrast in quality is between III and IV.

Currently playing Mirage, and while it's the exact same yank as all the others, I love the setting and this has an equally interesting setting. So, extremely cautiously optimistic.

It's absolutely insane how stark the contrast in quality is between III and IV.
Story wise, I really preferred the story of III, especially how bitter both present and past stories ends.
Didn't liked Edward's character for a long time in IV until he starts to move his ass (mostly thanks to AdƩwalƩ).

Gameplay wise, yeah IV was the -much- better one (III was really a prototype of IV with its short boat segments).

honestly with all the games taking place in Japan that have come out since people were desiring an AC Japan game....I feel the idea has kinda lost it's luster

They definitely missed the boat when it comes to being first especially when their fanbase have been asking for this setting since the beginning.
But Valhalla is the most profitable AC game by far(first to 1B revenue). Mirage did fairly well for being a smaller affair, similar launch numbers to Origins/Odyssey(don't know about legs.)
The IP is in a great place for Ubisoft, which is why they've been doubling down on it.

Besides R6S, I feel like it's the only thing that's been going well for them.

I think that if AC Shadows isn't a complete disaster, it has a chance to match and possibly eclipse that. I guess a large ? mark on that front is I don't know how much a very casual appealing franchise like AC benefited from COVID in 2020.
But overall, people still love Samurai and Ninjas.

If GoT can clear 10M+ copies sold, a Feudal Japan AC can do mega numbers.

Hey, everyone. Taking the opportunity of this Assassinā€™s Creed thread:
ā€¢ Is there any way I can experience the entirety of the series? Like, starting from the first game? Is there a console that has the first AC games?

Honestly, Assassin's Creed, imho, never really needed a game set in Japan, like some people said, but I think it is a welcome development that they have one set there, if you get what I mean.

The temptation to get this day one for the Series S might quickly strip away my patience to see if this comes to the Switch 2. Hope we get more clarity on everything by the end of the year.

Obviously, after the Nioh games and Rise of the Ronin, I'm going to be a bit of a snob when it comes to the combat probably not going to be as fun for a samurai action game.

But especially for the sake of "The Culture", I'll be there.

Historical Yasuke likely wasn't a samurai. He was under the employment of Oda Nobunaga as his weapon bearer though.
...Which, funny enough, is a role that required too much trust to not be given your own set of armor and be considered a samurai.

Had Nobunaga lived, he probably would have upgraded him to a retainer in full. Not unlike how Hashiba Hideyoshi started from an even lower strata as a sandal bearer.

That needed modernity has been found in a fully dynamic lighting system, in which the radiance from sunlight, torches, and lanterns can illuminate both the land and you. Escape into the shadows, though, and youā€™re invisible. And if you canā€™t escape the light, you can snuff it out ā€“ lamps (or their carriers) can be eliminated to create pools of darkness. If, like me, you were raised on Splinter Cell, this is all very enticing.
ā€œParkour has always been something that's pretty iconic and pretty core to the stealth experience because they go hand-in-hand,ā€ adds Jonathan Dumont, Assassinā€™s Creed Shadowsā€™ creative director. To enhance the parkour, the team has given Naoe a grappling hook. ā€œIt's all physics-based, so there's a little bit of improbability sometimes when using it,ā€ he says. ā€œThere's a danger to using it, but you could also perform assassinations from it.ā€
These shinobi skills make Naoe the ideal choice for players who want to get back to an Assassinā€™s Creed thatā€™s actually about assassins. But the sneaking systems also pull on other aspects of the stealth genre that Creed has typically ignored. For instance, enemies can now be knocked out, unlocking the option for a more pacifist playthrough.
Much of Shadowā€™s new design is focused on creating a living, reactive world. You can see that in the dynamic lighting and destruction, but thereā€™s a much greater system at play: seasons. The open world progresses through spring, summer, autumn, and winter, with each new period bringing its own weather conditions and terrain shifts. While this helps lend a sense of realism to the land ā€“ dynamic winds will procedurally blow swirls of pollen in the spring and pull leaves from branches in the fall ā€“ each season can have a dramatic impact on gameplay.
These seasonal conditions affect the entire map, which covers the central area of Japan ā€“ the provinces where Oda Nobunaga organised his stronghold and the unification of the country. In terms of area, the region is similar in size to Assassinā€™s Creed Originsā€™ Egyptian map, although based on a more realistic scale ratio. ā€œBecause castles took a lot of space, and we really wanted the mountains to feel like mountains, [weā€™ve made] the environments feel wider in the game,ā€ reveals Dumont.
ā€œIt's less of ā€˜follow a quest up to a pointā€™, but it's much more, ā€˜I want to do thisā€™ and then you'll find the way how to do it,ā€ says Dumont. He notes that the campaign is still very much objective-based, but that players will have a little more agency in how they go about things now. This is partly exemplified by a change made to Assassinā€™s Creedā€™s iconic synchronisation points. Visiting them in previous games used to plot up to a dozen new objective markers on your map, telling you exactly where to find new activities. In Shadows, theyā€™re now simply vantage points to be climbed, from which you can look around and spot highlighted locations worth seeking out.

Same. I bought that at launch. One of the biggest disappointments I can ever remember.
Same here. I had loved II so much and was so excited III would be available from the start on the Wii U. And then it turned out to be an incredibly dull game.

No Switch 2 announcement :(. Expectable but would be cool if some insiders tell us to expect it on Switch 2 or not.
Honestly, I don't expect any studio or publisher make reference to the successor before the full reveal. Not even a hint.

No Switch 2 announcement :(. Expectable but would be cool if some insiders tell us to expect it on Switch 2 or not.

The temptation to get this day one for the Series S might quickly strip away my patience to see if this comes to the Switch 2. Hope we get more clarity on everything by the end of the year.

My gut says that Ubisoft will want to put out at least Valhalla and Mirage on Switch 2 first, maybe Origins.

I think they should put out Shadows sooner than later though.

My gut says that Ubisoft will want to put out at least Valhalla and Mirage on Switch 2 first, maybe Origins.

Why wait? I expect Ubisoft to already have devkits, the game releases this November and Nintendo may reveal the console by then.

It would be a very strong showing for both Ubisoft & Nintendo to have this game as part of a Switch 2 third party sizzle reel. Ubisoft gets an immediate share of the Switch 2 pie, Nintendo effectively showcases the console as a current-gen machine instead of a last-gen port tablet.

Interestingly, the heroine this time around was mentioned in previous leaks that she returned home after studying under Shao Yun, a renowned female assassin from the Ming Dynasty.

Why wait? I expect Ubisoft to already have devkits, the game releases this November and Nintendo may reveal the console by then.

It would be a very strong showing for both Ubisoft & Nintendo to have this game as part of a Switch 2 third party sizzle reel. Ubisoft gets an immediate share of the Switch 2 pie, Nintendo effectively showcases the console as a current-gen machine instead of a last-gen port tablet.
Ubisoft should come out swinging at the Switch 2 reveal and announce;

Unity and Syndicate
Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla
Mirage and Shadows

All day one.

Unity and Syndicate
Mirage and Shadows

All day one.

That's a lotta Ass

(Creed)

So here am I, interested in an AssCreed game. Let's see how it will shape up.

EDIT: What, no gameplay though? Thought the 15 minutes IGN video would contain some gameplay. What a bummer.

Unity and Syndicate
Mirage and Shadows

All day one.
I think they all will come in time but Ubisoft would benefit the most on the Shadows on the launch day as it is the most recent game. This is gonna be one crowded launch day and old ass ports won't stick out. Even Mirage, which wasn't a big hit and recently hit mobile devices.

Syndicate/Unity and Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla should come to all platforms as remastered collections later. Unity and Syndicate are still quite buggy games and in dire need to be remastered.

Unity and Syndicate are still quite buggy games and in dire need to be remastered.

I still don't know how I managed to play all the way through Syndicate on PS5. The game itself was fun, but so many technical parts was a mess.

I just hope this is finally a good AC game. The setting and lead characters have me interested. I want to read some Japanese history on the shogunate and stuff. Any good resources recommendations?

Haven't played an AC since Odyssey, and got a bit tired of Ubisoft's open world formula, but Yasuke has me interested.

The list of studios working on this game is bonkers.

Did Ubisoft had a studio in Tokyo and Osaka? I dont remember when that was a thing, granted it been a while since I played an AC game.

I want to read some Japanese history on the shogunate and stuff. Any good resources recommendations?
Pick up "Hideyoshi" by Mary Elizabeth Berry. Hashiba Hideyoshi (later Toyotomi Hideyoshi) was the second unifier of Japan, but started as a peasant that came into Oda Nobunaga's service, and continued to climb the ladder over the course of his career.

This biography not only is a great thing to cover his life, but it also gives insight to the likes of Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu and the dynamics of the period.

I really liked the trailer, but wonder how this is going to differentiate itself from other recent Jidaigeki'ish games like Ghost and Ronin, but also wonder if it's going to bring something new to the table Assassins Creed wise.

Also, I don't have a PS5 or a Series X šŸ˜­

I think they all will come in time but Ubisoft would benefit the most on the Shadows on the launch day as it is the most recent game. This is gonna be one crowded launch day and old ass ports won't stick out. Even Mirage, which wasn't a big hit and recently hit mobile devices.

Syndicate/Unity and Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla should come to all platforms as remastered collections later. Unity and Syndicate are still quite buggy games and in dire need to be remastered.
Assassin's Creed Mirage will be coming to iOS next month. It is not available on mobile right now, and will not be on Android.

Assassin's Creed Mirage will be coming to iOS next month. It is not available on mobile right now, and will not be on Android.
Oh, I thought it was released with RE games last year. The point still stands though, Ubisoft will go for most recent game for the successor launch day.

Back
Top Bottom