• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection announced for Nintendo Switch and Steam (UPDATE: localization confirmed, see threadmarks)

mazi

picross pundit
Konami has announced Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection for Switch and PC (Steam) in celebration of Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game‘s 25th anniversary on February 4. It is currently only confirmed for release in Japan, and a release date has yet to be determined.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection will include multiple titles, such as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 4: Battle of Great Duelist (2000, Game Boy Color) and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 6: Expert 2 (2001, Game Boy Advance). Additional titles will be announced at a later date.

edit:
Duel back in time with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection

Revealed at the “Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: The Legend of Duelist QUARTER CENTURY” special event in Tokyo, Japan, Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection is a new digital title in development, commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game.

Coming to the Nintendo Switch™ and Steam®, Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection brings together the earliest Yu-Gi-Oh! games ever released. The collection will include titles that weren’t previously released in the West.

One title has already been confirmed: 2000’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 4: Battle of Great Duelists for the Game Boy Color – a title that was previously released only in Japan. More details will be announced in the future, so please stay tuned. 

Last edited:
Reposting what I said: Oh boy! We doing Yugioh Collection?

Gotta get

1. Forbidden Memories
  2. Falsebound Kingdom
  3. Capsule monsters
  4. Dungeon Dice Monsters
  5. Dualist of the Roses
  6. The Eternal Dualist
  7. Worldwide Edition Stairway to the Destined dual
  8. Spirit Caller
  9. Sacred Cards
Sweet memories. Dualist of the Roses was the strangest and most unique of these games. Although some of the games went with the route of making you used terribly weak monsters and limited what you can add to your decks. Like Sacred Cards. Hell, these one game that made you face a powerful opponent in the first 1-2 hours and was basically impossible think it was Reshef of Destruction

Hopefully this includes all 1-8 Duel Monster GB/GBA games. DM 5-8 GBA were released in the west while only the third game from DM1-4 of GB/C was released here. Don't know how they will do as these games are a little heavy in text.

Curious the first two GB games were released before Konami Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series debuted in Japan (April 2000) and thus, character designs are based in the original manga as Toei anime version from 1998 only covers the first 7 Volumes.

Last edited:
I love the idea of a Yu-Gi-Oh collection. Unfortunately many of these games were only released in Japan. That makes it doubtful they'll release the collection worldwide.

My dream scenario is to have modern ports of the Power of Chaos trilogy, but I don't think that's ever happening.

Played the shit out of Stairway to the destined duel, might buy it only for that honestly.

I would love a port of the PSP GX games, but i don't see it happening...

I kinda suspect if this makes it to the West it'll only include those games that were released in English. So keeping my expectations low, but you never know.

Please Konami, release it in the West. I beg of you, I will buy this on Steam

I need old yugioh.

Kinda a shame Konami won’t pull a arksys Kunio kun collection on this. Wouldn’t put it past them to release it with all the unlocalized games still in Japanese

FYI for those of you that missed the original thread on it, I’d highly recommend reading this long form article on the history of the Official Yu-Gu-Oh video game championships. it feels particularly relevant now that a few of those titles are getting re-released.

I kinda suspect if this makes it to the West it'll only include those games that were released in English. So keeping my expectations low, but you never know.

unfortunately, yeah.
it makes sense why the really old titles weren’t officially localized back then (one of them was released on the original game boy.) but even after there’s noticeably large chunks that were skipped over.

All I want are the console-exclusive trio:

Falsebound Kingdom (GameCube)
Duelist of the Roses (PlayStation 2)
Dawn of Destiny (Xbox)

All in one collection on Switch. FK was such a criminally underrated gem. It legit felt like Pokemon Stadium: Yu-Gi-Oh edition to me, and that SOUNDTRACK!

localization confirmed
Duel back in time with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection

Revealed at the “Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: The Legend of Duelist QUARTER CENTURY” special event in Tokyo, Japan, Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection is a new digital title in development, commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game.

Coming to the Nintendo Switch™ and Steam®, Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days Collection brings together the earliest Yu-Gi-Oh! games ever released. The collection will include titles that weren’t previously released in the West.

One title has already been confirmed: 2000’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 4: Battle of Great Duelists for the Game Boy Color – a title that was previously released only in Japan. More details will be announced in the future, so please stay tuned. 

lets-go-gif-1.gif

That was quick. Guess I'll take the L - or at least I will when it's confirmed those Japan only games are getting localised for this collection rather than thrown in as-is for the Western version as a curiosity.

Hope they actually translate the roms and not use a lua script. Would love to extract these and add them to my Miyoo Mini+ down the road.

Oh, they're localizing the unreleased games huh? In that case, I expect the collection to be like this:

Dark Duelist Days (3 is already in English, they'll localize 1, 2 and 4)
Eternal Duelist Soul (5th game)
6th game, this version was not localized but it was re-released as Worldwide Edition later. I think both versions could be in the collection
The Sacred Cards (7th game)
Reshef of Destruction (8th game)

This sounds like an excellent collection. 1 through 8. No spinoffs etc, just the mainline stuff.

I was hoping there would be a localization, this is fantastic!

Ohh im glad to eat crow on this one, never thought they would bring over the unlocalized games. Are they seriously intending to localize them? I mean, it's a fuck metric ton of text

I'll buy this even if I already own all the games I care for, stuff like this deserves the support. Crossing my fingers for Bomberman and Castlevania DS collections 🤞🤞 c'mon Konami you know you wanna do it

I REALLY want Reshef of Destruction and the GX Duel Academy, but no idea how likely they are.

Back
Top Bottom