• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion YouTuber (Dan Allen Gaming) tries to be an Insider and accidentally exposes himself

my initial post here was originally just "hahahaha what an idiot" but I felt obligated to make a joke too
Yeah we should always resist the temptation to simply dig for reactions and instead strive to provide worthwhile content with our posts.

which is what DanAllenGaming shoulda done

Please tell me that's not a Xenoblade 3 spoiler. Because that looks like a huge spoiler.
Yeah, sorry. Figured it was fine since it's been out for two months, but I deleted it. Although it was a pretty good depiction of DanAllenGaming's career

Yeah, sorry. Figured it was fine since it's been out for two months, but I deleted it. Although it was a pretty good depiction of DanAllenGaming's career
I'm only 15 hours in, shit. I'm just gonna hope I'm missing a lot of context because if I'm not I'm gonna be really upset.

I'm only 15 hours in, shit. I'm just gonna hope I'm missing a lot of context because if I'm not I'm gonna be really upset.
I'm not making it up when I say you have not been spoiled the way you think you have

With the premise that i'm stupid, how they catch him? He made the tweets the same time?
Edit: ok, read it.

Last edited:

can't really tell if he's stupid or if he really thinks a corporation like Ubisoft will care about a tweet apology.

His ass will get at the very least blacklisted by pretty much everyone in the gaming industry and he'll be lucky if he doesn't face a lawsuit.

his bio still says "gaming content creator"

How_do_we_tell_him_cover.jpg
They still has a 200k subscriber count, if the worst thing that happens to them is industry wide black list they probably still has a big enough audience to thrive off of lets plays and other content they produce from buying games day 1.

Last edited:
This is absolutely hilarious. Imagine you become successful enough as a content creator to get invited to invite only events with huge NDA's to early access play/see games before the public, to the benefit of your youtube channel as you can now pre-create content for said games to go up after the NDA lifts... and you decide to blow that opportunity, and all future ones, by breaking NDA for 15 seconds of fame as an "insider".

Hilariously bad.

I find the way that people don't understand that there's a huge incentive to leak stuff pretty weird. First of all, attention, second of all clicks on potential videos, podcasts etc. There's obviously an incentive, because if there wasn't then leakers (both real and fake) wouldn't be running rampant all over social media.

The gaming world would be so much better off if we just paid none of these people any attention.

Dan was a dickhead to him.
To be fair, he is also a dick lol

It’s honestly been wild and hilarious watching this. This fun hobby gets downright stupid at times.

It’s funny. Guy broke his preview NDA, got caught. It’s funny. Who cares. Have a laugh and move on. But you’d think with some of the outrage that this was watergate or something.

There’s no winner in this situation, only losers lol

It was certainly suggested by some that ppl using NDA/embargoed info to act as or get a scoop as an "insider"/leaker was how the Kojima Overdose stuff leaked

It’s honestly been wild and hilarious watching this. This fun hobby gets downright stupid at times.

It’s funny. Guy broke his preview NDA, got caught. It’s funny. Who cares. Have a laugh and move on. But you’d think with some of the outrage that this was watergate or something.

There’s no winner in this situation, only losers lol
you're really gonna publicly call jason schreier a dick this soon after he effortlessly ruined a man's life? it's your funeral I guess

I find the way that people don't understand that there's a huge incentive to leak stuff pretty weird. First of all, attention, second of all clicks on potential videos, podcasts etc. There's obviously an incentive, because if there wasn't then leakers (both real and fake) wouldn't be running rampant all over social media.

The gaming world would be so much better off if we just paid none of these people any attention.
How would this specific person monetize it though? If they tried anything like videos or a podcast they'd be discovered instantly lol, they are already a known influencer

He had a Good run

I loved the exchange when he destroyed Jason Schrier, What a sad yet funny end to his career

Apology video from Dan.

Edit: Everything he said about Metal Gear Remake, Silent Hill or God of War at the SoP was made up or educated guesses.

Last edited:
I love when people significantly older than me do really, really stupid things

it makes me feel like, despite it all, I'm doing kinda alright

if dude wanted to be an nsider so bad he could have just signed up for the forums

As someone whose never had “clout”, what makes it so addicting that people will go to such lengths to achieve it?
I've never been a clout chaser, but I have a lot of close friends who are social media influencers and it all comes down to feeling that they have some kind of power or importance. It's that feeling of validation and it's honestly quite sad. I've genuinely had friends stress over their instagram photo not getting enough likes and ask me if I think she looks pretty enough, etc. It's all about seeking that validation from strangers.

you're really gonna publicly call jason schreier a dick this soon after he effortlessly ruined a man's life? it's your funeral I guess
I really wish schreier isn't following this thread. We don't need any members exposed just because.

The apology video is honestly hilarious. so many sighs, the low voice, the pauses, the look down...
its so clearly a "have pitty", its manipulative, played, ... and hilarious.
Stand there, be honest, you wanted to do it, you did actively do it.
You only stoped because you got aught, dont be "im ashamed".

"take a break, just try to learn"...what is there to try? its against a written contract. you should not breach it.
You should also not be dumb to be cought doing it if you do it. Having to TRY to learn here is kind of a joke.

I really wish schreier isn't following this thread. We don't need any members exposed just because.
Pretty sure the comment you're referring to was a joke. Schreier isn't going to dox somebody for the hell of it.

Dan buried himself, Schreier just placed the gravestone.

But now we said it!

As someone whose never had “clout”, what makes it so addicting that people will go to such lengths to achieve it?
It makes people feel valuable, notable and special. I would not want clout in gaming circles myself, but I assume the drive for it comes from a concern that you don't matter or have nothing going for you. I can understand how, even under a pseudonym, being 'known' could feel gratifying and important. It's weird coming from a YouTuber though, since they have a visible presence and audience already - you'd figure they had enough clout already.

Pretty sure the comment you're referring to was a joke. Schreier isn't going to dox somebody for the hell of it.

and I'm pretty sure the post you're replying to is also a joke

yes and, man

Clout is an addictive drug, and that's why he says he did it. I don't get it, he had THOUSANDS of people also eagerly anticipating his next video upload. Way more than those waiting on his fake insider account.

It's dumb. Kinda shows a little bit of his character and some of the things he has done over the years might be a little bit of a facade to his true self.

Oh, I was just joking. Sorry for not being clear on this

Technically, any leak that was from someone passing someone else inside information has almost certainly broken NDA.

Most if not all of what Emily has leaked was given to her by a source under an NDA.
Yeah, but I mean there were actual images leaking.

Back
Top Bottom