• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion YouTuber (Dan Allen Gaming) tries to be an Insider and accidentally exposes himself

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
Been a crazy couple of days for video game leaks and insiders I think this might have to be the funniest mistake I've seen for a while.

PS. Never mess with Jason Schreier

hahahaha what an idiot

remember kids, keep your leaking account on a separate client than your personal

for example, I use the regular twitter app for my personal account and tweetlogix for samushunter

hahahaha what an idiot

remember kids, keep your leaking account on a separate client than your personal

for example, I use the regular twitter app for my personal account and tweetlogix for samushunter
That's something Syluxhunter would say...

hahahaha what an idiot

sigh fine

oh-my-god-he-admit-it-tim-robinson.gif

The premise is certainly funny but can someone explain exactly what’s happening in those tweets like I’m 5?
In my understanding: Dan Allen, a gaming YouTuber, frequently gets the opportunity to access early previews of games, along with a bunch of other influencers and journalists. He makes a separate Twitter account from his main, for the express purpose of claiming to be a "leaker", when really, all he's doing is illegally breaking embargo / his NDAs, and revealing what he knows from the previews he's been allowed access to.

In my understanding: Dan Allen, a gaming YouTuber, frequently gets the opportunity to access early previews of games, along with a bunch of other influencers and journalists. He makes a separate Twitter account from his main, for the express purpose of claiming to be a "leaker", when really, all he's doing is illegally breaking embargo / his NDAs, and revealing what he knows from the previews he's been allowed access to.
Well, he by definition is a leaker. He is leaking information that should not be public.

Its just... dumb how, what , why, and what he risks for it.

Well, he by definition is a leaker. He is leaking information that should not be public.

Its just... dumb how, what , why, and what he risks for it.
I should've used the term "insider" instead, because I can't imagine this is what most folks have in mind, when they think of one.

Last edited:
I should've instead used the term "insider" instead, because I can't imagine this is what most folks have in mind, when they think of one.
I was just trying to be a bit cheeky. I think most people understand what you meant ;)
Dont take me to serious.

But yeah, i dont get what the point was, it seems it was mostply info that was already prepackaged in marketing material, shortly before it will be released anyway. No big insight, nothing in the long run, really the most boring kind of leaks.

Maybe hell learn something from that and still keep some connections, but i asume that after that his youtube career will take a nosedive.
I hope this doesn't make it harder for people who actually take this thing seriously to get preview/review codes.
i hope so too, but i dont think that it will change much. There where always people that leaked stuff they signed themselves.
Thats part of the risk, the more mout you go with your marketing messaging.
Smaller niche games wil always be happy to give even small channels a chance to promote their game, bigger ones will hesitate to give lesser known entities insight. In this case they had bad luck.

The premise is certainly funny but can someone explain exactly what’s happening in those tweets like I’m 5?
Dan forgot to switch back to his Real Insider account to reply to someone in the CoD thread. Once the mistake was made, Jason looked at recent Dan coverage and compared to Insider twitter leaks. The first big clue was Dan having been briefed on AssCreed presentation early and then leaking the entire show via the secondary Insider account.

Dan then deleted his Twitter account, deleted the Real Insider account, and made his Instagram private.

He leaked every Assassin's Creed game ahead of time. His knowledge was solely based on the fact he signed an NDA to be part of the early brief to preview Mirage. Ubisoft can easily sue him into oblivion.
Oh yeah I get that he's gonna be blacklisted at the very least and sued pretty badly but I just found the use of the term "destroy" kind of amusing.

Like Ubisoft suing him into the shadow realm kind of imagery.

The shit people will do for fake internet numbers is astonishing. I can't think of any other reason to do something as short-sighted as this. I hope the number of likes and retweets comfort him as the lawsuits roll in.

What really gets me is that this insider twitter account was fairly new if I'm not mistaken so it isn't like Dan had the con going on for a long time or anything. The dude tripped up pretty early.

I hope this doesn't make it harder for people who actually take this thing seriously to get preview/review codes.

If I was another Youtube channel or some sort of content creator, I would be PISSED right now. You know a lot of these publishers and developers are going to tighten up what they share going forward. Others are likely going to get hurt by Dan's actions. I read somewhere recently that AAA companies wanted to tighten up leaks and this is just more ammo for them to do so.

It won't happen again because you just ruined your Youtube career.

Put it in a text tweet instead of an image and I'll believe you

this is why you use one app for your regular twitter and another app for your horny twitter ill-conceived NDA-violating twitter

He'll never again reflect on his poor actions, AND he spelled "truly" wrong? :(

More seriously, never understood the appeal of leaking game info or being an insider in general. Not the kind of clout I'd want, but it is what it is.
Not worth risking your livelihood over, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom