• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Your strangest food inventions that actually worked

• Thread starter Deleted member 2670
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2670

We all experiment and sometimes we do so with cooking and food prep. Not all inventions/concoctions are winners. Some are though and that's the subject of the thread.

One of mine that springs to mind; Spicy Dark Chocolate smores. (minor spicy dark chocolate, kind of like Lindt bar you see around, none of stupid spicy challenge sick) I can neither confirm nor deny that I was under the influence of a certain cannabis product at the time of its creation. One 25 gram bar of chili dark chocolate, one jumbo marshmallow and two trader joes cinnamon gram crackers, 30 seconds in the microwave. Works better if chocolate is cold (it was cold for me bc my apartment does not have AC and I keep chocolate in the fridge during the summer months. Now, due to my state of mind at the time, I cannot say with any certainty that it was "The Best S'more In History", I can say it was a success.

So... Tell me of your successes.

BONUS: Maggie Masala noodles, touch of milk, frozen veggies and Dr Praegers 'Bombay veggie burger' (I think that was the name). Actually, anything mixed into Maggie Masala is good.....

Tuna mayo + fried broccoli sandwiches.

Trust me, it works. As long as you use crusty bread or a big baguette, it's a really filling, hearty and tasty sandwich.

Is that like, tuna mixed with mayo, or tuna flavored mayo?

Serious question because anchovy flavored mayo is one of my reckless cooking experiments that turned out delicious.

1. Chicken flavored ramen
2. Soy sauce
3. Garlic powder
4. Sriracha
5. Spoonful of peanut butter

Pad Thai???

Serious question because anchovy flavored mayo is one of my reckless cooking experiments that turned out delicious.
Take one room tin of tuna and put in a bowl. Mix in a couple of spoons of mayonnaise. If you're feeling pro, dice up half a red onion and mix that in.

Congrats, you've got yourself a cheap, easy staple food. Sandwiches, pasta bakes, jacket potato, it goes with all sorts. Including fried broccoli

Take one room tin of tuna and put in a bowl. Mix in a couple of spoons of mayonnaise. If you're feeling pro, dice up half a red onion and mix that in.

Congrats, you've got yourself a cheap, easy staple food. Sandwiches, pasta bakes, jacket potato, it goes with all sorts. Including fried broccoli

I am trying this. Though I'll just mix it in my own homemade mayo 🤔

When I was younger, I used to make myself apple and onion omelettes. Tasted pretty good, especially with a mild salsa.
Not really the same but there used to be a smokehouse I would frequent that did apple slices in chicken tacos with pico and onion. Its surprising how well apple can pair with sharp, savory stuff.

Anchovy mayo just sounds like a step on the path to Caesar dressing.

aka tuna salad. I grew up eating this on toast. I’d also say add some mustard, a few dashes of hot sauce, and some minced pickles for fun.

Back
Top Bottom