• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club You hear that Noah? Lanz wants something a bit meatier.

I have just got to the point where Eunie utters the phrase "Bish Bash Bosh."

Never in a million years would I have ever expected to see the phrase "Bish Bash Bosh" used in a JRPG.

Why don't you use the Japanese voices? It's a better overhall experience when you can't understand what they are saying in battle (plus, it's hard to take the story seriously with anime characters and british dub... no offense 😅)

The British voices enhance the experience. This might be one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen on this forum.

Why don't you use the Japanese voices? It's a better overhall experience when you can't understand what they are saying in battle (plus, it's hard to take the story seriously with anime characters and british dub... no offense 😅)
Mods, can we ban this person?

I'm a subs>dubs weeb and even I'm offended by this

Having played more of the game:

Lanz: "You itchin' to get rekt?"
after a tough battle
Eunie: "Get rekt!"

The British voices enhance the experience. This might be one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen on this forum.
The other day on Reddit I saw someone talking about Xenoblade DE and how they couldn't stand the "ye olde English" voices. Like, this ain't Dragon Warrior 1 localization.

If this is something you've done from the start, XC3's dub is legitimately the best they've done so far. It's actually unironically good in addition to the memes.

The other day on Reddit I saw someone talking about Xenoblade DE and how they couldn't stand the "ye olde English" voices. Like, this ain't Dragon Warrior 1 localization.
Huh? How does that happen? Is their only exposure to English accents historical plays?

That's incredible lmao

Obviously a different game but all this random enthusiastic flavor text reminds me of this:

5b1.gif

I love the rare doodah line but I don't think it's possible to top THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME

"Come to Eunie!"
"Cheers! You're a gem!"
"I'll just soak all this up!"
"I'm just gonna lie here and you can't stop me."

Last edited:
So I think I've stated a few times in this forum that I've been prepping for a downsize move. The toughest part has been going through decades of stuff my dad has hung onto and finally deciding what to take and what to let go of. One of the things my dad had was boxes of old records, and since messing with trying to catalogue and sell them on eBay or craigslist sounded like an absolute nightmare to us given some other things we're facing, we called up a friend and just went ahead and gave them all away. Every one of them.

If only I had known back then.. 😞

FabNrrKUUAAaXBi

I don't see how someone could say that the Japanese voices are better. This game is about characters talking their queens and wanting to please their queens. What's more British than that?

I don't see how someone could say that the Japanese voices are better. This game is about characters talking their queens and wanting to please their queens. What's more British than that?
So every time you see a anime with a medieval setting, you can only see it with english dubs?

Maybe i'll give it a try on the english dub, but i prefer to see/play things with the original dub; plus, i have the advantage of not understanding the lines that the characters say in battle, so i don't get annoyed by them.

Dude, you're 110% in the right, the british dub can go suck a lemon for all I care, it was bad in xenoblade 1, it's especially bad in xenoblade 2 and it's bad here too. The japanese dubs are by far the best way to experience the xenoblade series. That's the only truth.

So I think I've stated a few times in this forum that I've been prepping for a downsize move. The toughest part has been going through decades of stuff my dad has hung onto and finally deciding what to take and what to let go of. One of the things my dad had was boxes of old records, and since messing with trying to catalogue and sell them on eBay or craigslist sounded like an absolute nightmare to us given some other things we're facing, we called up a friend and just went ahead and gave them all away. Every one of them.

If only I had known back then.. 😞
Seriously? Nobody's gonna bite?

Dude, you're 110% in the right, the british dub can go suck a lemon for all I care, it was bad in xenoblade 1, it's especially bad in xenoblade 2 and it's bad here too. The japanese dubs are by far the best way to experience the xenoblade series. That's the only truth.
Thank you! I've tried the british dub and it just wasn't working for me. But it's just a matter of taste and it's a good thing that we have the option to select between then.

When I had first quickly read this a few days ago I just thought you posted it in the wrong thread and felt bad lol. Didn’t see what you wanted here lol.
No, it was very carefully crafted and then I sat back and waited. LOL

I even figured if someone didn't get it and was like "if only you'd known what..?" I still coulda got them with the response. Like, I had multiple possible paths in mind. 😅

No, it was very carefully crafted and then I sat back and waited. LOL

I even figured if someone didn't get it and was like "if only you'd known what..?" I still coulda got them with the response. Like, I had multiple possible paths in mind. 😅

You made the set up too long and complicated for people to get. Best to keep it simple. Sometimes brute force is the answer.

You made the set up too long and complicated for people to get. Best to keep it simple. Sometimes brute force is the answer.
Yeah sometimes I think it's funny to do big setups on a joke where the punchline is a rug-pull. Sorta like that Norm Macdonald bit on Conan. But yeah, probably overdid it a bit when I used my thinking muscles for that one.

If you do not speak/understand Japanese, I could not disagree with this more strongly with Xenoblade 3. There is so much dynamic, ongoing banter within the party that you'd be missing, which fleshes out the individual personalities.

If you do not speak/understand Japanese, I could not disagree with this more strongly with Xenoblade 3. There is so much dynamic, ongoing banter within the party that you'd be missing, which fleshes out the individual personalities.
I can understand a bit of japanese so I can grasp what they're saying.
But i'm sorry, I just can't stand the eng dub in xenoblade games, I can't take them seriously.

Back
Top Bottom