• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club You hear that Noah? Lanz wants something a bit meatier.

I can understand a bit of japanese so I can grasp what they're saying.
But i'm sorry, I just can't stand the eng dub in xenoblade games, I can't take them seriously.
That removes one barrier at least. For me, Taion is one of the many areas where the English voice acting really shines. I've watched clips of the Japanese version, and I think the Japanese Taion actor does a good job of conveying the right emotions. However, in the English version, his voice actor is actually black and he sounds more like I'd expect the on-screen character to sound. As a result, the English version sounds like Taion whereas the Japanese version sounds like someone doing a good job acting out the role of Taion.

Ultimately it's a matter of personal tastes. I'm black and I usually notice black voices, so the English voice acting has subtle differences that I appreciate.

The line that always gets me is Noah's "we're sliding down!"

This poet philosopher dealing with untold horrors of neverending war who just had his mind blown by the effects of gravity so hard that he takes on the tone and intonation of a sesame street character.

I absolutely love the cast of this game.

Back
Top Bottom