• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Release Date trailer, releasing July 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't feel much of anything from Xenoblade 3, even if the game itself looks solid.

A potential triple romance story (I only enjoy Xenogears' one from the entire Xenoverse, and I guess that alien marriage side story in X), plus a lot of Nopon is a hard sell, both being my least favorite parts of the series, 2's specially gets incredibly obnoxious on both aspects.

Don't really like the art direction since 2 (which honestly makes me worried about if they ever touch X again), and I don't particularly care about the ongoing universe enough, think 1 had pretty much a perfect ending, so I ignored Future Connected, and I definitely preferred when it felt like a very stand alone story. And I guess on top of that I found 2 very disappointing.

Still don't feel much of anything from Xenoblade 3, even if the game itself looks solid.

A potential triple romance story (I only enjoy Xenogears' one from the entire Xenoverse, and I guess that alien marriage side story in X), plus a lot of Nopon is a hard sell, both being my least favorite parts of the series, 2's specially gets incredibly obnoxious on both aspects.

Don't really like the art direction since 2 (which honestly makes me worried about if they ever touch X again), and I don't particularly care about the ongoing universe enough, think 1 had pretty much a perfect ending, so I ignored Future Connected, and I definitely preferred when it felt like a very stand alone story. And I guess on top of that I found 2 very disappointing.
there's nothing implying romance (beyond the main characters) nor "lots" of nopon

FQ6c-Z1XwAIxzyN

Oh well..

Melia and Nia are the Tobey and Andrew of Xenoblade 3
They're honestly even worse kept secrets that that, it's more the Patrick Stewart in MoM of Xenoblade 3.

At least The marketing for NWH only occasionally showed invisible Spider-Men these are straight up showing the characters, with the same, barely distorted voice actors, with the initial leak for the game featuring one of those voice actors. Like, thinking it wasn't Melia or Nia has always seemed almost delusional to me, I don't think it was ever meant to be a secret.

Last edited:

Yeah, same here. I'm still optimistic about the game and I'm planning to get it day one, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't end up enjoying it as much as XC and XCX due to narrative reasons alone.

Xenoblade 3 excites me to no end. All the elements are coming together and the story suggests an end to what Xenoblade 1 and 2 established, the overarching line having a conclusion is what I have been waiting for for years. UI is really done well and it looks to be that it took the best elements and QoL changes from previous Xeno entries. Hoping that there is somewhere in there a chance to also have mech battles, like in XCX, but it is a small hope.

I like all the characters so far. Aside from the stereotype small girl with huge weapon I am not really bothered too much. Noah and Mio look pretty cute together playing flutes. Another thing I like is how Vandham basically returns as a sort of Cid.

I wonder what would be the method to show enemy's aggressiveness in XC3. Both XC1 and XC2 use small icons to express enemy's aggressiveness (either on the overworld or when focused on). But from the recent two Twitter clips, I can't discern between docile (1st clip) and aggressive (2nd clip) monsters at all.
However, it helps that by the end of the 2nd clip as the party get away from the battle, a red line is drawn on the ground to show the agression range for the monster. Perhaps it will be present as soon as we focus on a nearby aggressive monster.

I know people have their nits with the details of this art style, but damn if it isn’t consistent and pretty to look at in motion. My biggest knock to XB2 as an onlooker was it’s lack of consistency, this is looking sliiiick.

The framerate is also looking real glossy too in the trailer and the game play clips which is fantastic, even in combat

Has there been anything to say the game is segmented areas like 1 and 2? Some of these gameplay videos I watch I get the feeling of an open world.
I don't believe we've heard anything either way. I kind of feel like if it was truly open world they would've said so by now? So I'm still kind of expecting segmented areas, although they may be even larger and more open at least in and of themselves.

I'm definitely expecting that the next big trailer we get (E3-ish Direct probably) will focus more on the world and locations, since the first two trailers were so story-heavy

I think Swordmarch will be a fully connected continent. Since the heroes are told to go to Swordmarch by Vandham, I think the prologue will take place in an area disconnected from the rest of the game. If there are more continents than Swordmarch, I'm less confident the whole thing will be connected, but I hope so.

X series will stand alone in being a custom character driven, mmo-like design. It'll be fine as long as they don't try to stick a square peg into a round hole
I'm being partially kinda selfish because I like the simpler, arts-palette battle system in X and I could see them continuing to refine that in an X-series while the more modern, face-button based system continues on in the numbered series. 😅

Plus yeah, just the more focus on a huge, open, nonlinear world (even though I love the worlds and terrain designs in the more segmented 1 & 2), which is served well by the MMO-like design, and also the story. I want to see the Mira story and the skells and all that continued in its own series, rather than being assimilated into the main continuity. I'm afraid it'd lose its individual character and feel if they just used "because multiverse" to drag X's world into the main continuity. 🤷‍♂️

Your looking at the sequel and it’s name is XC3
Xenooooooooooblade

Has there been anything to say the game is segmented areas like 1 and 2? Some of these gameplay videos I watch I get the feeling of an open world.
My guess is it's going to be a middle ground, fewer separate areas but each area is a lot larger than 1/2's locations

X series will stand alone in being a custom character driven, mmo-like design. It'll be fine as long as they don't try to stick a square peg into a round hole
I doubt X2 will bring back the CoC, we'll just have Elma or better yet Yelv be the MC

I wonder what would be the method to show enemy's aggressiveness in XC3. Both XC1 and XC2 use small icons to express enemy's aggressiveness (either on the overworld or when focused on). But from the recent two Twitter clips, I can't discern between docile (1st clip) and aggressive (2nd clip) monsters at all.
However, it helps that by the end of the 2nd clip as the party get away from the battle, a red line is drawn on the ground to show the agression range for the monster. Perhaps it will be present as soon as we focus on a nearby aggressive monster.
There actually wasn't a way to tell the enemy's aggression type in 2. The developers said something about how they wanted the player to figure out which enemies were hostile and which weren't as part of the sense of discovery, it was something like that. It appears they're applying the same philosophy here.

I do miss sound type enemies from the first game. Being able to sneak into areas while very lightly pushing the analog stick to skirt around an enemy fifty levels higher than you was a fun thing to have. I don't believe X had that either unless I'm forgetting.

I doubt X2 will bring back the CoC, we'll just have Elma or better yet Yelv be the MC
don't bother then. X established its identity why breaking from the numbered games. just being like them strips a lot of reason for it to exist. if anything, they should push the online coop play more

That part of the rumor about Monolith wanting to stress the hardware to have more characters on screen surely was spot on

don't bother then. X established its identity why breaking from the numbered games. just being like them strips a lot of reason for it to exist. if anything, they should push the online coop play more
X's identity is being true open world, I doubt anyone would miss the mute MC

I think a lot of X fans will miss the create-a-character. it's one of the defining traits of the game. it's not like it and voice MCs are mutually exclusive
I've never met a single X fan that cared about that part, so no, I doubt "a lot" of them would miss it lol. Everyone always wishes there was a more defined lead if anything. Speaking for myself, the parts I want are 100% the fully open world and hard sci-fi setting

It definitely is mutually exclusive by the way. Unless you think they'd record the same hundreds of pages of dialog in like a dozen different voices

Last edited:
I've never met a single X fan that cared about that part lol. Speaking for myself, the parts I want are 100% the fully open world and hard sci-fi setting
I liked it on the second time around after XB2 and Torna had come out and scratched the character- and narrative-driven itch for me. I think I'd like it to remain, with even more options, if they went ahead with X as a separate series.

It definitely is mutually exclusive by the way. Unless you think they'd record the same hundreds of pages of dialog in like a dozen different voices
They could make it like Shepherd in Mass Effect or Hawk in Dragon Age 2.

They did say the online and multiplayer were part of X's identity in the Iwata Asks. I think ILikeFeet is correct hat they would re-use the avatar concept in an X-2.

They did say the online and multiplayer were part of X's identity in the Iwata Asks. I think ILikeFeet is correct hat they would re-use the avatar concept in an X-2.
I definitely think they would, and that they view those things as part of its identity. But I also think that's misguided and not the main parts fans actually care about.

Yeah the style feels a lot more cohesive than 2, where it often looked like multiple games stitched together. Here everything blends together better.

Some of those areas look truly massive as well, bigger than any areas in 2, more like X.
I personally don't mind if it's segmented or one seamless world, I enjoyed both the former in Xenoblade 1 & 2 and the latter in X. Both can be engaging if executed well, and I trust Monolith to get it right, when it comes to world design they have few equals in my opinion.

I did enjoy XCX, but just personally after XC3, I would like to see Monolith try something all new.
I love the Xenoblade games, I really do, and I am super hyped for 3, but it'd be exciting to see them try their hand at something completely fresh. :)

I've never met a single X fan that cared about that part, so no, I doubt "a lot" of them would miss it lol. Everyone always wishes there was a more defined lead if anything. Speaking for myself, the parts I want are 100% the fully open world and hard sci-fi setting

I like the create a character a lot and it further helped the game and story feel more personal. I wouldn’t mind them having some voiced lines however. I want more customization in X2, more options on the character creator and more outfits.

Definitely want the character creator to stay if there ever is an X sequel, more so since it would most likely be a direct sequel, so for the sake of its identity and consistency, I want Sawano, the character customization, and that art style to stay. I do want X2 to be X2, not Xenoblade 4. Would also like to be its own story and world, but that is probably asking too much given the history of the Xeno games, so I would like at least the other elements, as a monkey paw thing.

They're honestly even worse kept secrets that that, it's more the Patrick Stewart in MoM of Xenoblade 3.

At least The marketing for NWH only occasionally showed invisible Spider-Men these are straight up showing the characters, with the same, barely distorted voice actors, with the initial leak for the game featuring one of those voice actors. Like, thinking it wasn't Melia or Nia has always seemed almost delusional to me, I don't think it was ever meant to be a secret.
Hey, just a heads up on spoiler etiquette: when you are going to make a spoiler comment on X stuff, always keep the X stuff outside the spoiler tag. Otherwise, someone may get spoiled on something they didnt mean to.

So for example, it could be like: "its like in Citizen Kane as it was his sled" instead of "its like in Citizen Kane as it was his sled

Not trying to be pedantic or anything, just wanted to point out as I see folks doing this mistake.

The Japanese trailer is a lot less compressed. When the gameplay footage comes in in that trailer vs the English NoA trailer, it shows that NCL seems to export in a better codec or a higher bitrate. Still not perfect, but when your video is on Youtube and it has a billion moving pixels going on at once from the grass, characters, and vfx, it's unavoidable to some degree. The gameplay looks cleaner, even noticed a couple slightly different clips for some reason exclusive to the Jp version?

New controller would be awesome. I love my XC2 one. Bought it on a whim at the game’s release because I needed a pro controller… didn’t realise it would become gold dust.

Would love to add another to my collection.

Last edited:
Yuh, the game looks like it will have one huge interconnected world instead being segmented. I’m so excited for that.

I haven’t seen anyone brought this up but the characters are faster (animations, movement, and esp running speed). It is much faster particularly in comparison to 2. The difference is actually huge when you watch them side by side.

I know some people hated 2's slow movement, but it was pretty interesting how the combat tried to make movement and placement more strategic

Last edited:
New battle clip, and yeah, now that I think about it, movement is definitely faster, which I like as it makes the battle feel more intense.

Wow, the character animations are really top quality.

On a separate note, I just realised something so obvious, the cover art for XC3, Uraya looks like Noah's ark and the MC name is Noah...yeesh lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom