• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there is something as broken as Poppi QTpie in this game.

"Aww man, did I play a load of old guff again?"
Taos emerges from dimensional rift

I was hoping for more of an actual mini game with the flutes. It's surprising that we haven't seen any QTEs at all considering all three previous games had them especially with talent arts having flashy animations like 2's specials.

On the one hand, I can get wanting the mourning to be interactive. On the other hand, I think making a minigame out of basically mourning would probably undercut the game's solemn and melancholy atmosphere.

We know Takahashi reused the opening of Xenosaga 1 for the Conduit's origins already from the info card with the Siren model kit but it only says it was found somewhere broadly in Africa rather than specifying Lake Turkana. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we get more info on the conduit in 3.

I wonder if that scene isn't with our Noah at all but rather a younger "N".

We know Takahashi reused the opening of Xenosaga 1 for the Conduit's origins already from the info card with the Siren model kit but it only says it was found somewhere broadly in Africa rather than specifying Lake Turkana. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we get more info on the conduit in 3.

That..... Would actually be repeatedly pulled from the source material, 2001 a space Odyssey.

Ah! It chopped your post! It might be a younger n. Or the Noah before n......

That..... Would actually be repeatedly pulled from the source material, 2001 a space Odyssey.

Ah! It chopped your post! It might be a younger n. Or the Noah before n......
Yup, I've seen the movie many times. I believe that's where they got the name for Monolith soft

An archeology team discovering the monolith in Africa is unique to Xenosaga + Xenoblade though. In the movie, I don't believe they ever discover the one that was on earth and only the ones on the moon and near Jupiter. I never read the book though, it might be different there

They’re stuck on a different planet... 🎶
now serious crazy theory time lol:

Xeno-spoilers ahead

When the event where Alrest and Shulk‘s new world collides (the latter coming from its original dimension/computer simulation/parallel universe to Alrest/Earth after the Cloud Sea vanishes), the combined big terrain mass (Aionios) separates itself from the planet creating a big floating world (there are some scenes on the Direct that seems to indicate this) and that’s the explanation of seeing the Earth in the distance… When the game story is finished the Conduit power will transform Aionios in a spheric planet and transport it to a parallel universe and will become Mira… 🤡

I'm feeling pretty confident that is a young N rather than young Noah.

The direct has official captions now. Only two interesting things I gleaned were on the scene with the crashing ship, person speaking says “how many of you are getting made an example of on Hope’s Rest this time?” and that Manana says the Annihilator is moving, which I think a fair amount of people were able to hear initially but nice confirmation.

I haven’t played Xenogears or xenosaga so I don’t know if the name Hope’s Rest has any parallels in those games

The direct has official captions now. Only two interesting things I gleaned were on the scene with the crashing ship, person speaking says “how many of you are getting made an example of on Hope’s Rest this time?” and that Manana says the Annihilator is moving, which I think a fair amount of people were able to hear initially but nice confirmation.

I haven’t played Xenogears or xenosaga so I don’t know if the name Hope’s Rest has any parallels in those games
"Hope's Rest" reminds me of "Hero's Rest", the original name for Fonsett Village from Xenoblade 2.

for those who don't know:

Conduit (Gate in japanese) is found in Africa in the xenoblade lore, but it doesn't specify lake turkana (not yet at least)

I don't recall hope's rest being anything in gears or saga

Well, I'm sure that lore about Africa was put in the Siren model kit for a reason.....

And I'm assuming "The Lost Numbers" is what the name of Vandham's faction is. Not sure what to think of that name yet.

That Noah doesn't seem to have the mark on his hand, so I wouldn't be surprised if he and "N" are the original Noah.

now serious crazy theory time lol:

Xeno-spoilers ahead

When the event where Alrest and Shulk‘s new world collides (the latter coming from its original dimension/computer simulation/parallel universe to Alrest/Earth after the Cloud Sea vanishes), the combined big terrain mass (Aionios) separates itself from the planet creating a big floating world (there are some scenes on the Direct that seems to indicate this) and that’s the explanation of seeing the Earth in the distance… When the game story is finished the Conduit power will transform Aionios in a spheric planet and transport it to a parallel universe and will become Mira… 🤡
I'm liking your theory....very close to what I've been theorizing.

There is a landmark in Tantal called Hope's Horizon in Xenoblade 2. Maybe it's the same place if Tantal's here

Yup, I've seen the movie many times. I believe that's where they got the name for Monolith soft

An archeology team discovering the monolith in Africa is unique to Xenosaga + Xenoblade though. In the movie, I don't believe they ever discover the one that was on earth and only the ones on the moon and near Jupiter. I never read the book though, it might be different there

The Africus monolith was discovered twice.

First by pre-humans, which it scanned, mind probed and then manipulated to rapidly evolve into humans and develop technology at a super fast pace.

And then archeologists unearthed it again in 2513 in Africa, and designated it TMA-0, as it was the monolith that first came in contact with ancestors of humans, altered the course of evolution.... And created humanity.

(TMA stands for Tycho Magnetic Anomaly, the conduit is referred to as magnetic abnormal matter)

By this time the humanity experiment had been deemed a failure, and the monolith was shut off, and disconnected from the network.

Last edited:
Bunch of Fiona stuff. Her class's special ability is like Riki's hero time. It boosts a random stat. Her class is translating as either 'hishiboshi' or 'aries' for me.

One of the heroes, "Mashiro" (CV: Aoi Yuuki). He is a special healer who can give random enhancement effects to allies. His class is "Hoshibioshi," and he can strengthen the entire party with powerful support effects, too! Belonging to Agnus, she waves a large flag-like blade to raise everyone's morale.

I can't tell if those are redesigned volfs or a new enemy. They have darkness flames coming off them.

Heroes are special characters who join Noah and his friends in the party. Heroes can be recruited by completing "Hero Quests," which are special quests that deepen the bond between the Hero and Noah. Traveling around the world in search of new Heroes sounds like a lot of fun!
And a tweet talking about hero quests. Hero quests have yellow exclamation marks. This means that face mechon boss in the release date trailer was not a story boss but actually part of Valdi's hero quest.

And a tweet talking about hero quests. Hero quests have yellow exclamation marks. This means that face mechon boss in the release date trailer was not a story boss but actually part of Valdi's hero quest.

Boy those sure are a whole lot of soon-to-be-dead-Fiona-friends

Also, does that mean that the Hero quests will have fully animated cutscenes? That's pretty sick

Anyone else think one of Fiona’s friends there looks a little Urayan-esque?

Also I’m liking how NPCs look here compared to prior games. Monolith’s stepped up their game.

Boy those sure are a whole lot of soon-to-be-dead-Fiona-friends

Also, does that mean that the Hero quests will have fully animated cutscenes? That's pretty sick
Yea they're looking like the replacement for Blade Quests or X's Affinity Missions. I'm a little unclear if you get the class as soon you recruit them or if you still need to build affinity after recruitment. The Japanese version of the direct shows Manana gem crafting instead of Taion so it seems like heroes will participate in affinity building camp stuff like cooking.

Anyone else think one of Fiona’s friends there looks a little Urayan-esque?

Also I’m liking how NPCs look here compared to prior games. Monolith’s stepped up their game.
I'm thinking she might actually be new oni race. I know the game's all about mashing up 1 and 2 but it seems like they still want to stick some new stuff in here and adding a new race is a cool idea. Her accent doesn't sound Australian like Urayan's. I might be wrong and perhaps someone better at this stuff could correct me, but I think she sounds Irish which is an accent no nation has had before.

Yea they're looking like the replacement for Blade Quests or X's Affinity Missions. I'm a little unclear if you get the class as soon you recruit them or if you still need to build affinity after recruitment. The Japanese version of the direct shows Manana gem crafting instead of Taion so it seems like heroes will participate in affinity building camp stuff like cooking.

I'm thinking she might actually be new oni race. I know the game's all about mashing up 1 and 2 but it seems like they still want to stick some new stuff in here and adding a new race is a cool idea. Her accent doesn't sound Australian like Urayan's. I might be wrong and perhaps someone better at this stuff could correct me, but I think she sounds Irish which is an accent no nation has had before.

Wait, have we heard Fiona’s friends speak in English somewhere?

Wait, have we heard Fiona’s friends speak in English somewhere?
Oh her friend! I'm sorry I misread your post and thought you were talking about Fiona herself. Not sure about that friend's race. The glowing hair would indicate a blade though there's no core crystal. The skin tone looks like it could be Leftherian as well as Urayan.

edit: I guess the glowing part could be the fin-like ear though I don't recall Urayan's features glowing like that. There is an NPC that looks like a more traditional Urayan in the affinity chart.

edit 2: Actually that looks like a core crystal on her forehead similar to Jin's and she has ether lines so definitely a blade. We're talking about the one in the back with the short dark hair, right?

Last edited:
Oh her friend! I'm sorry I misread your post and thought you were talking about Fiona herself. Not sure about that friend's race. The glowing hair would indicate a blade though there's no core crystal. The skin tone looks like it could be Leftherian as well as Urayan.

edit: I guess the glowing part could be the fin-like ear though I don't recall Urayan's features glowing like that. There is an NPC that looks like a more traditional Urayan in the affinity chart.

edit 2: Actually that looks like a core crystal on her forehead similar to Jin's and she has ether lines so definitely a blade. We're talking about the one in the back with the short dark hair, right?

Yeah, that’s the one I was thinking of. The ear did remind me of an Urayan’s, but you’re right that they don’t glow like that and she does seem to have a core crystal.

You can see an Urayan (maybe two) in the affinity chart in the direct.

I'd bet on the horned oni people being their own race as well. Like it has been pointed out Fiona doesn't have an American accent and there are other horned people like her in the affinity chart. Maybe a planned race/titan that didn't make it into Xenoblade 2 and is now being repurposed? Or maybe an offshoot of blades like Electra that grew enough in numbers to be considered their own race.

For lil' Noah, I'm leaning more towards him being the 'original' and both Noah and N being offshoots of him. This is based on nothing but recycling concepts from Xenogears but hey, it's already worked more than once with this game.

You can see an Urayan (maybe two) in the affinity chart in the direct.

I'd bet on the horned oni people being their own race as well. Like it has been pointed out Fiona doesn't have an American accent and there are other horned people like her in the affinity chart. Maybe a planned race/titan that didn't make it into Xenoblade 2 and is now being repurposed? Or maybe an offshoot of blades like Electra that grew enough in numbers to be considered their own race.

For lil' Noah, I'm leaning more towards him being the 'original' and both Noah and N being offshoots of him. This is based on nothing but recycling concepts from Xenogears but hey, it's already worked more than once with this game.

Yeah, the horned race may be from a "small archipelago" of titans we just didn't get a chance to see in 2 but joined up with the other titans to create Elysium at the end of 2.

Also, are those volffs in the Fiona clip fogbeasts or did I just forget about a particular breed of volff enemies?

Everything about this game looks incredible, not even restricted to Switch. Only thing I’m worried about is the frame rate.

I'm way, way too excited for this game. We're almost in the release month, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom