• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance that the organization in the Trailer using only one letter as names like "D", or "P" have any kind of connection / reference to the Xenoblade X Character "L"?

Is there any chance that the organization in the Trailer using only one letter as names like "D", or "P" have any kind of connection / reference to the Xenoblade X Character "L"?

There is always chances. And as of right now, most everything Is all chances.

After rewatching the Direct for the millionth time, I think Lanz and Taion are going to have some fun interactions. The footage seemed to show a lot of head-butting between the two of them in particular.

There is no chance of this happening, but it would be great if they had a mild dislike towards each other right through to the end.
Maybe save each other's lives, but, like, grudgingly.

I want Takahashi to finally say FUCK the power of friendship

Taion has a bit of arrogance to him that I like. Loved his smug little snigger when he’s asked to help out during the direct.

I really didn’t know how I’d feel about him at first blush, but my first impressions are really positive. Said it the other day too, but I dig his voice.

There is no chance of this happening, but it would be great if they had a mild dislike towards each other right through to the end.
Maybe save each other's lives, but, like, grudgingly.

I want Takahashi to finally say FUCK the power of friendship
that would be nice, but I don't think Takahashi has the balls to write out the optimism in a story

I'm sorry if this is old news. I've only skimmed through Luxin's analysis and haven't watched others. But I only just now realized Avalanche Abaasy is in the trailer. He's in an actual cutscene!

If dragons are back that are also means other 1 enemies that didn't make the cut for 2 could return with new models/designs like orlugas, slobos, hodes, or tortas/tudes.

I'm sorry if this is old news. I've only skimmed through Luxin's analysis and haven't watched others. But I only just now realized Avalanche Abaasy is in the trailer. He's in an actual cutscene!

If dragons are back that are also means other 1 enemies that didn't make the cut for 2 could return with new models/designs like orlugas, slobos, hodes, or tortas/tudes.

monolith reusing enemies? how lazy!

I've come to accept returns will vastly outweigh new enemies. I'm okay with it. I just hope they remember ories and aries are bioluminescent this time. The Tantal ones let me down lol

I really don’t want the “optimism” to be sidelined from the story even if it has a darker tone. If this is to be an “ending” to the Xenoblade trilogy I hope we get a somewhat optimistic ending in line with the series’ identity so far.

Last edited:
I really don’t want the “optimism” to be sidelined from the story even if it has a darker tone. If this to be an “ending” to the Xenoblade trilogy I hope we get a somewhat optimistic ending in line with the series’ identity so far.
I'd be pretty surprised if the series ended on a downer. That's not how Xenoblade works

The story will be dark but the idea will be fighting against that darkness with hope/life/some other JRPG nonsense (I mean nonsense in the best way, I'm a sucker for that sort of storyline regardless of how cliche it is)

I really don’t want the “optimism” to be sidelined from the story even if it has a darker tone. If this to be an “ending” to the Xenoblade trilogy I hope we get a somewhat optimistic ending in line with the series’ identity so far.
it doesn't have to be pessimistic, but it would be interesting to party memebers who aren't fully on board with each other. they essentially been indoctrinated since they came out the tubes (maybe even before), so I'd like to see some in-fighting throughout the game with their perspectives. maybe let it get a little too far before both sides see the truth right in front of them

I haven’t seen anyone pointed this out but running has momentum and inertia like an action game. Notice at 11:08 in the direct when Noah stops there’s inertia.

That was missing in 1 and 2.

that's just an animation transition to an idle. all it is is more attention to detail, showing their increased budget
also showing their not being rushed to make the release window this time.

And IIRC, actually having the final hardware available to them for the bulk of development.

This xeno series is based off of the Monadology, which has a forced inherent positiveness, the metaphysics is a steady March towards the best possible reality of all the possible realities, best possible reality as in the one possible reality that contains the most amount of reality (people places things etc) compared to all the others.

I do hope we get a final chapter exposition dump pumped right into my veins about why the characters have such specific elements from the past two games, Sena has Brighid air and ether lines, Mio has a flesh-eater crystal, Lanz is a Machina and Eunie is a High Entia with Homs hair color, etc.

I want it all explained definitively and for them not to just be nods. I love a good Xenoblade final chapter explanation and I have faith we will see it again this time.

I do hope we get a final chapter exposition dump pumped right into my veins about why the characters have such specific elements from the past two games, Sena has Brighid air and ether lines, Mio has a flesh-eater crystal, Lanz is a Machina and Eunie is a High Entia with Homs hair color, etc.

I want it all explained definitively and for them not to just be nods. I love a good Xenoblade final chapter explanation and I have faith we will see it again this time.
after 3 games of that shit, doing it again just makes Takahashi sound like a hack

I'm not entirely convinced Sena looking Brighid-esque is all that intentional. It's really just the hair glow on the tips but other than that she's missing the whole fox/kitsune theming and doesn't having anything to do with fire or will-o-wisps. I've also seen people say she's Kasandra in some way because her ether lines apparently match Kasandra more than Brighid. I think they were just trying to come up with a design that would immediately be recognized as a Blade by fans.

I do think there's something special about Noah and Mio and we'll learn that but not the other members. All high-entia have normal hair now, not just Eunie. It's possible all races are becoming more human like (including nopon). I'm sure in the final chapter it will be explained in a big dump exactly what is going on with this world and whether it's really just the future of both worlds merged as advertised, a simulation for some purpose, or a new world Alvis created for some purpose by using data from both worlds and the rift in FC was him getting Zanza DNA which is why the rift closed when Telethia flew into it (as Zanza says the telethia are cells from his body).

I'm not entirely convinced Sena looking Brighid-esque is all that intentional. It's really just the hair glow on the tips but other than that she's missing the whole fox/kitsune theming and doesn't having anything to do with fire or will-o-wisps. I've also seen people say she's Kasandra in some way because her ether lines apparently match Kasandra more than Brighid. I think they were just trying to come up with a design that would immediately be recognized as a Blade by fans.

I do think there's something special about Noah and Mio and we'll learn that but not the other members. All high-entia have normal hair now, not just Eunie. It's possible all races are becoming more human like (including nopon). I'm sure in the final chapter it will be explained in a big dump exactly what is going on with this world and whether it's really just the future of both worlds merged as advertised, a simulation for some purpose, or a new world Alvis created for some purpose by using data from both worlds and the rift in FC was him getting Zanza DNA which is why the rift closed when Telethia flew into it (as Zanza says the telethia are cells from his body).
I thought the trailer made it pretty clear that they’re bioengineered. Sena probably have remanents of Brighid’s DNA, and I don’t think she’s a blade at all she just looks like one. Same why a high entia and a machina look about the same age as the other members because they are lab grown.

Evil Noah might be the original and we’re basically playing his clone.

Last edited:
I think original Noah is long dead and the clones have been doing this dance for hundreds of "generations". Evil Noah is an earlier incarnation but not the first.
I also think that they will have the memories of the originals, and might even be unaware of their clone nature at first. So as far as they're concerned, the merge happened in their lifetimes and they saw it.

Here's a theory. What if the reason Sena and others have blade features is because to attempt to create strong soldiers to beat the enemy, Agnus (or both nations) resumed the blade eater process and perfected it, but it involves killing the blade by removing the entire core crystal and applying them to the test subjects, which would get the features depending on the type of blade used. It can also be the reason why someone as small as Sena can have that much strenght.

Nice to see new features that weren't in the direct. Performing flute ceremonies gives you affinity with the colony the fallen soldiers came from. Maybe this is also how you can fill up a colony's flame clock.

The ouroboros tweet says that ouroboros talent arts are filled via canceling like 2's special gauges. We also hear what sounds like a third normal battle theme for the Erythia region perhaps:

And the tweet about ouroboros' soul trees teases something special will happen if you completely fill it out.

Nice to see new features that weren't in the direct. Performing flute ceremonies gives you affinity with the colony the fallen soldiers came from. Maybe this is also how you can fill up a colony's flame clock.

The ouroboros tweet says that ouroboros talent arts are filled via canceling like 2's special gauges. We also hear what sounds like a third normal battle theme for the Erythia region perhaps:

And the tweet about ouroboros' soul trees teases something special will happen if you completely fill it out.

I was not expecting new stuff this soon after the trailer, honestly

It's a wild ride, this passage of tweets

Edit: don't feel like there's much to say about the clips themselves. A bit disappointed there isn't a QTE or something for the flutes, as it stands they're just affinity piñatas. But with dead people. More rewards for exploration are nice though

Did we know that the Ouroboros skill tree was called a Soul Tree? That's pretty interesting

Also interesting that Ouroboros Talent gashes are just based on canceling instead of the Ouroboros role (because they do seem to have distinct roles). Probably would get a bit confusing if it was role based though and it gives you potentially more freedom in building each Ouroboros

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom