• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being open world doesn't necessarily mean the game will you complete access to the entire from the start. They can make it so you can't leave a specific area until you hit a certain part of the story or require you to obtain an ability or vehicle to make navigation to other parts possible. When BOTW launched in 2017, having access to the entire map after the tutorial wasn't the norm.

What's up with NoA? Between the cover of the game, Melia and now this it feels like they are constantly leaking stuff early for this game.
Nothing really is surprising that has been leak. The cover art looks about what we expected. Open world really isn’t a leak and Melia was obvious from the start.

Huge leaks like Terry or Castlevania music in Smash are probably more news worthy.

Being open world doesn't necessarily mean the game will you complete access to the entire from the start. They can make it so you can't leave a specific area until you hit a certain part of the story or require you to obtain an ability or vehicle to make navigation to other parts possible. When BOTW launched in 2017, having access to the entire map after the tutorial wasn't the norm.
I mean we already know this lol. There’s Field Skills in the game so some things are already locked off. Nobody is expecting fully accessible to every nook and cranny of the world when you boot the game up.

XCX wasn’t even fully open world to the T from the beginning. Remember the floating islands you couldn’t reach until you got a Skell that could fly?

I mean we already know this lol. There’s Field Skills in the game so some things are already locked off. Nobody is expecting fully accessible to every nook and cranny of the world when you boot the game up.

XCX wasn’t even fully open world to the T from the beginning. Remember the floating islands you couldn’t reach until you got a Skell that could fly?

I'm mostly just stating it for those who you have concerns about the story telling in an open world game. Having an open world does not mean the story can't be linear or there won't be a linear progression through many of the different environments. Not every open world's story is structured like BOTW.

Since the description of the game also mentions that the main six characters are on a journey to " awaken the colonies of Aionios" do you all think this means we will be able to travel to some of the colonies in any order or is this how progression for the open world is unlocked by visiting these colonies?

Exactly, field skills make a lot more sense now. I agree with anyone who says it is probably tied to our transportation as well, but it's actually exciting since I can't wait to see what we can take control of. I want to know what will let us reach that floating isle in the Eagus Wilderness.

Exactly, field skills make a lot more sense now. I agree with anyone who says it is probably tied to our transportation as well, but it's actually exciting since I can't wait to see what we can take control of. I want to know what will let us reach that floating isle in the Eagus Wilderness.
Yeah. This is how you take Field Skills from Xenoblade 2 and make a much better implementation of it. I’m glad they didn’t get rid of it because people didn’t like it. Instead they take the feedback and make it better (or implement it in a more useful and productive way).

There's another part to the open world VS linear world debate, especially where XBX is concerned: while Mira was built as a massive, open world, it definitely has entire sections blocked off in the beginning. There are bottleneck hallways between the continents so that moving from one to another functions somewhat like XB1, just without the load screen. It's not like the world just sprawls out and is traversable in all directions like BotW. There are also a lot of areas within the continents that are reachable only by hallways guarded by high-level mobs that'll one-shot you, blocking you from progressing until you get to a certain level. So they can build the world as an actual seamless open world and still have linearity in the way the progression is set up.

And that's why XBX is so amazing when you get the skells, and again when you get the flight packs. This world which played like a seamless grouping of large but separate areas suddenly becomes truly open world because now you can jump or completely fly over all the obstructive mountain ranges and other terrain and sort of rediscover the world in a different way. And because you're now roughly the height of a 2- or 3-story building, the scale also changes. The camera pulls way back, and the continents you were exploring on-foot, the smaller terrain and features at that level, almost disappear beneath the massive terrain that's now actually traversable, which before was nothing more than pretty backdrops. Cliffsides that before were areas where you were fighting mobs on-foot become mere shelves you use as steps to climb the mountain. It completely changes the perspective of the game world, makes it truly "open world" for the second half of the game, yet for the first half you were relatively confined to certain areas and paths within that world.

So yeah. The XBX approach is a "have cake and eat it too" sort of situation. And it's really exciting to think Monolith could pull that off again, after moving backwards from not just XBX but arguably even XB1 with all the smaller titans separated by cutscenes and fast travel in XB2. I'm really, really jazzed to see the world they built for XB3 if it turns out to be anything remotely like XBX.

TL;DR: The Xenoblade X open world approach still has elements of narrative-guided linearity in the way it's designed, so people who prefer a more linear RPG world shouldn't be worried about XB3 being open world.

Edit: in the time it took my to type all that, several others made the same points. I guess I coulda just waited and Yeah'ed some posts, sorry. 😅

Last edited:
the biggest issue of Xenoblade X is that they didn't hide the story relevant stuff, nor did that make some optional story relevant stuff.

there are things that you'll find that come up in the story, like a life hold, but instead of hiding it, they just leave it out in the open. this is where optional things come in. the point of BLADE is to find lifehold units, they should have had optional units to find that nets you bonues

Both of the numbered Xenoblades final areas are traveling up a towering thing mechonis/world tree this makes me wonder if the mechonis sword will be that this time or maybe the story structure will be different than 1 and 2.

no. also Aionios is made up of shit from Earth, which wouldn't make much sense unless you expect this game to have major revelations regarding Xenoblade X
This isn't as contradictory as it may initially seem, as Mira is strongly implied to exist in some sort of pocket dimension separate from the main X universe, and Xenoblade has an explicit multiverse as of 2. Mira is so distinct from the main X universe that it's implied Nopon don't even exist there.

no. also Aionios is made up of shit from Earth, which wouldn't make much sense unless you expect this game to have major revelations regarding Xenoblade X
Yeah I guess that would not make sense since it would mean there would need to be two earths. So technically xenoblade 3 takes place in the world of 2 with stuff from the world of 1 merging into it? Or do we think they merged into a new planet?

Xenoblade 3 ends with a massive Ark to another dimension and it looks like this :sneaky:

QfW3U6D.png

I do hope that Xenoblade 3 is a conclusion for the worlds of 1 and 2 - as in, it doesn’t really tie into X.

I don’t mind if the actions in Xenoblade 3 create a giant, universe-spanning, AU-spanning event that kicks into motion the events of X in some far flung dimension.

But I don’t want it to be ‘Aionios was Mira all along!’ or anything too close to that.

Let these worlds have their closure and let X be it’s own thing.

I do hope that Xenoblade 3 is a conclusion for the worlds of 1 and 2 - as in, it doesn’t really tie into X.

I don’t mind if the actions in Xenoblade 3 create a giant, universe-spanning, AU-spanning event that kicks into motion the events of X in some far flung dimension.

But I don’t want it to be ‘Aionios was Mira all along!’ or anything too close to that.

this plz monolith

I would prefer this too, I am hoping xenoblade 4 will be the start of a new trilogy or individual games like FF or dragon quest after it's first trilogy, instead of having huge connections to previous games.

They already confirmed all Xenoblade games are connected and there are enough clues on XCX already. The fact that Aionios is evolving to look similar to some Mira landscapes makes me think they are preparing the connection between all the games, even if that happens in the distant future.

They already confirmed all Xenoblade games are connected and there are enough clues on XCX already. The fact that Aionios is evolving to look similar to some Mira landscapes makes me think they are preparing the connection between all the games, even if that happens in the distant future.
Some of the structures in Mira look like decayed versions of areas from 1 and 2. It would make sense since they said the idea for 3 formed between the devolpment of 1 and 2.(at the same time as X) Which means they could have based some of 2s titans off of the structures in xenoblade x. In preparation knowing 3 would combine the worlds and eventually form Mira.

Since the description of the game also mentions that the main six characters are on a journey to " awaken the colonies of Aionios" do you all think this means we will be able to travel to some of the colonies in any order or is this how progression for the open world is unlocked by visiting these colonies?
I had this thought too but idk, it seem too ambitious to do well maybe and I fear it would affect the quality of the story. X still had a linear storyline, something like this would be more in line with BoTW.

I had this thought too but idk, it seem too ambitious to do well maybe and I fear it would affect the quality of the story. X still had a linear storyline, something like this would be more in line with BoTW.
Yeah I feel like it mess up the story telling if all of them were in any order. Maybe we have a linear set of certain ones we have to awken. While the others are more like side quests that can be done in any order. I think JP website mentioned dozens of colonies although it could be a mistranslation.

Yeah I feel like it mess up the story telling if all of them were in any order. Maybe we have a linear set of certain ones we have to awken. While the others are more like side quests that can be done in any order. I think JP website mentioned dozens of colonies although it could be a mistranslation.
I think colonies will be the more standard/ubisoft objective types in the open world. Capturing/defeating/taking them over might give you points of some kind which may gate linear story progression maybe? Just spitballing.

Of course Aionios is connected to Mira. Those beacons in the screenshots are indicating miranium deposits!
Takahashi plans very far ahead I would not be suprised if Xenoblade X is called X because it's actually number 10 story wise. Maybe a 4 through 6 trilogy will be a space opera like xenogears if everyone leaves Aionios at the end of 3. At this point it's probably thinking too far ahead though.

Takahashi plans very far ahead I would not be suprised if Xenoblade X is called X because it's actually number 10 story wise. Maybe a 4 through 6 trilogy will be a space opera like xenogears if everyone leaves Aionios at the end of 3. At this point it's probably thinking too far ahead though.
he definitely didn't plan ahead with Xenoblade though. XC3 was concepted before he worked on XC2. so while X might be part of a larger Xenoblade metaverse, it wasn't made to have explicit (emphasis here) connections with the numbered titles. we can even see XC1 have some subtle retcons to further tie things in

he definitely didn't plan ahead with Xenoblade though. XC3 was concepted before he worked on XC2. so while X might be part of a larger Xenoblade metaverse, it wasn't made to have explicit (emphasis here) connections with the numbered titles. we can even see XC1 have some subtle retcons to further tie things in
That's true I remember they retconned the Alvus keychain to be more like xenoblade 2. Since he's at Nintendo now it seems like he's been focusing more on entry at a time. Something I'm interested in seeing though is if titans are a staple of the series or just a big part of this trilogy maybe the klaus trilogy? I'm not sure what to call it.

he definitely didn't plan ahead with Xenoblade though...

...we can even see XC1 have some subtle retcons to further tie things in
That's true I remember they retconned the Alvus keychain to be more like xenoblade 2.
Yeah iirc during an early XB1 interview Takahashi (or maybe Honne) said that the point of Xenoblade (which wasn't even called Xeno during development) was Monolith trying to get away from the Xeno series and do something completely different and original, after having both Gears and Saga go sorta.. not according to plan. After the success of Blade they must've seen a chance to go back and try one last time now that they have a better budget/timeline/publisher situation, is all I can figure.

Something I'm interested in seeing though is if titans are a staple of the series or just a big part of this trilogy maybe the klaus trilogy? I'm not sure what to call it.
I'm torn. One of the things I missed while playing X was the vastness of the Bionis and the ability to see other parts of it, have a sense of where you are on it, all that really drew me in and I was happy to see it come back (albeit on a smaller scale) in XB2. But now I have a ton of nostalgia for how great the world in XBX was, and now I feel like if XB3 is going that way then I'll be happy to see it.

I think the only way I'd be happy for XB to revisit the titan setting would be if they did the "one massive titan" thing again like XB1, but seamless (like I'm pretty sure they said they wanted to do in the beginning). If not that, then hell yeah gimme a successor to X.

Yeah iirc during an early XB1 interview Takahashi (or maybe Honne) said that the point of Xenoblade (which wasn't even called Xeno during development) was Monolith trying to get away from the Xeno series and do something completely different and original, after having both Gears and Saga go sorta.. not according to plan. After the success of Blade they must've seen a chance to go back and try one last time now that they have a better budget/timeline/publisher situation, is all I can figure.

I'm torn. One of the things I missed while playing X was the vastness of the Bionis and the ability to see other parts of it, have a sense of where you are on it, all that really drew me in and I was happy to see it come back (albeit on a smaller scale) in XB2. But now I have a ton of nostalgia for how great the world in XBX was, and now I feel like if XB3 is going that way then I'll be happy to see it.

I think the only way I'd be happy for XB to revisit the titan setting would be if they did the "one massive titan" thing again like XB1, but seamless (like I'm pretty sure they said they wanted to do in the beginning). If not that, then hell yeah gimme a successor to X.
Yeah I definitely feel like with every xenoblade game it is becoming more like xenogears and xenosaga. Hopefully only XC1 will have to be retconned and we are passed trying to connect back to his perfect works story. I think 3 will also have moments like XC1 and XC2 with seeing how huge the world is due to the titans being merged into the land an being huge landmarks.(technically the uraya titan could be this games massive titan)

Although a dream game of mine that probably wouldn't come out for a long time is a reimagined XC1 that is fully open world(like xenoblade x) where you could explore all parts of the bionis and mechonis.it probably won't happen though 😵

Yeah I definitely feel like with every xenoblade game it is becoming more like xenogears and xenosaga. Hopefully only XC1 will have to be retconned and we are passed trying to connect back to his perfect works story. I think 3 will also have moments like XC1 and XC2 with seeing how huge the world is due to the titans being merged into the land an being huge landmarks.(technically the uraya titan could be this games massive titan)

Although a dream game of mine that probably wouldn't come out for a long time is a reimagined XC1 that is fully open world(like xenoblade x) where you could explore all parts of the bionis and mechonis.it probably won't happen though 😵
Yeah, an actual ground-up Xenoblade remake done that way would be insane, holy cow

I feel more like, well, it is perfect works,( or rather 'perfect works' the one he admitted to writing before gears but has never actually directly talked about beyond it's existence and utility), just like gears, and just like saga. Perfect works is a base, a framework, with major events that can be the basis for games, spanning thousands of years, and the beginnings and ends of universes.

Each entry has been a different point in time in perfect works, and adapted from the base to be it's own unique universe.

Personally, I think X is essentially 4. 1, 2, and 3 is the first Xenoblade trilogy, and I think (and hope) X is the start of a new trilogy following 3. As for why they released it out of order like that…I think it just made the most sense at the time, development-wise.

I feel more like, well, it is perfect works,( or rather 'perfect works' the one he admitted to writing before gears but has never actually directly talked about beyond it's existence and utility), just like gears, and just like saga. Perfect works is a base, a framework, with major events that can be the basis for games, spanning thousands of years, and the beginnings and ends of universes.

Each entry has been a different point in time in perfect works, and adapted from the base to be it's own unique universe.
It definitely is, this is what Soraya Saga had to say a few years ago:
Personally speaking, what do you consider is the connection between Xenogears and Xenosaga?

I think all Xeno works are, so to speak, like rivers and lakes that once sprung from our mind, eventually became independent. They sure are kin, but not lineal.
https://www.siliconera.com/soraya-saga-on-xenogears-and-xenosaga/

The question was about the connection between Xenogears and Xenosaga, but she said that all Xeno works are kin.

Personally, I think X is essentially 4. 1, 2, and 3 is the first Xenoblade trilogy, and I think (and hope) X is the start of a new trilogy following 3. As for why they released it out of order like that…I think it just made the most sense at the time, development-wise.
I wouldn't be surprised at that possibility.

I was always under the impression that they made X as a FF-ish game, where it's a spin-off using the same themes and battle mechanics but a different story, setting and cast, and then after that released they saw the fan reaction (wanting a more narrative-focused game like the first), and then decided to go back and make a sequel instead of continuing the FF style.
I'm sorry to spew all this with no source available but I could swear I read somewhere that they said XB2's direction was in response to fan response after X. 🤷‍♂️

That being said, if they decide to go back now and have X be the first game in a new trilogy that XB3 is setting up, I honestly would not be surprised at all. But I wouldn't expect that to have been the plan from the beginning of X.

This isn't as contradictory as it may initially seem, as Mira is strongly implied to exist in some sort of pocket dimension separate from the main X universe, and Xenoblade has an explicit multiverse as of 2. Mira is so distinct from the main X universe that it's implied Nopon don't even exist there.

That's one explanation to account for the strange goings on with planet Mira, and the inability for seemingly advanced technology to not be able to escape it or scan it correctly. But it doesn't account for Mira's other quirks. Like native living hive organisms (that can form a multicellular sapient being when joined together) that can interact with and download digital data, or being able to download and broadcast a literal collective unconscious to their robot puppets (the memory units of the white whales life hold containing everyone's consciousness was destroyed in the impact... The countdown timer was meaningless).

The other is that Mira itself is more advanced technology in the form of a planet that is simply blocking them, and also performing other advanced technological functions.

Oh and just by the by..... Here is an interesting contemporary event that was going on around the time XbX started production.

61_Mira-2_rgb_0.jpg

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that they made X as a FF-ish game, where it's a spin-off using the same themes and battle mechanics but a different story, setting and cast, and then after that released they saw the fan reaction (wanting a more narrative-focused game like the first), and then decided to go back and make a sequel instead of continuing the FF style.
I'm sorry to spew all this with no source available but I could swear I read somewhere that they said XB2's direction was in response to fan response after X. 🤷‍♂️

That being said, if they decide to go back now and have X be the first game in a new trilogy that XB3 is setting up, I honestly would not be surprised at all. But I wouldn't expect that to have been the plan from the beginning of X.
According to a November 2017 famitsu interview with Takahashi, work on Xenoblade 2 began July 2014 (source).

Xenoblade 2 was probably deep in the planning stages when Xenoblade X released in Japan. Player feedback on Xenoblade X might have been a factor, but if Monolith already decided in 2014 that their next project would be a numbered sequel to Xenoblade 1, it's possible that Monolith already wanted to do a narrative heavy game again after Xenoblade X.

Takahashi also said the visual of the Mechonis' sword together with the body of the Urayan titan was conceptualized some time after development on Xenoblade 1 finished, but before development on Xenoblade 2 began (source).

That would place the visual's conceptualization at some point during the development of Xenoblade X.

Last edited:
According to a November 2017 famitsu interview with Takahashi, work on Xenoblade 2 began July 2014 (source).

Xenoblade 2 was probably deep in the planning stages when Xenoblade X released in Japan. Player feedback on Xenoblade X might have been a factor, but if Monolith already decided in 2014 that their next project would be a numbered sequel to Xenoblade 1, it's possible that Monolith already wanted to do a narrative heavy game again after Xenoblade X.

Takahashi also said the visual of the Mechonis' sword together with the body of the Urayan titan was conceptualized some time after development on Xenoblade 1 finished, but before development on Xenoblade 2 began (source).

That would place the visual's conceptualization at some point during the development of Xenoblade X.
Perhaps they decided that when they changed direction with X to make it focused on the character creation and multiplayer as opposed to the story, which was revealed in the artbook they released for X (source). That's still a pretty major difference between X and what we're getting with 3.

Thanks for providing that, I thought the key visual from 3's cover was conceived during development of 2, not before the development of 2. 😳

So the Urayan titan itself was something that they had in mind before even beginning dev on XB2? That would mean the key visual for 3 predated the story for 2, meaning the "blended worlds" story of 3 was in the works during the writing of 2's story, meaning 3 is not a combination of 1 and 2 as much as 2 was a setup for the world they wanted to build for 3...

...okay then. My head asplode.

Thanks for providing that, I thought the key visual from 3's cover was conceived during development of 2, not before the development of 2. 😳

So the Urayan titan itself was something that they had in mind before even beginning dev on XB2? That would mean the key visual for 3 predated the story for 2, meaning the "blended worlds" story of 3 was in the works during the writing of 2's story, meaning 3 is not a combination of 1 and 2 as much as 2 was a setup for the world they wanted to build for 3...

To be clear, we don't know if Monolith had any concrete story details in mind for the shared world concept before work began on Xenoblade 2. They might have just had a very general idea at the time for the shared worlds concept and not much else until after Xenoblade 2 was finished.

Don't forgot that that XCB2s and XCB3s worlds were convinced while X was in devolpment. Which if it is true that Aionios is mira in the past that means that the reason some of XCB2s titans look similar to the decaying structures in Mira would be because they knew about the merged worlds and designed XCB2s titans off of those structures in X to prepare for aionios in XCB3.

To be clear, we don't know if Monolith had any concrete story details in mind for the shared world concept before work began on Xenoblade 2. They might have just had a very general idea at the time for the shared worlds concept and not much else until after Xenoblade 2 was finished.
That could be true, but Takahashi definitely stated that the image of the Urayan titan and mechonis sword specifically was what they envisioned before XCB2s devolpment. They definitely had to know a broad story idea if they had XBC3s core cover land mark already planned. I definitely don't think they had characters or specific story arcs planned. What I mean is the warning nations idea and what is controlling them behind the scenes was probably generally though of when they conceived that image.

I don't think there is a way to connect the mainline series to X in a way that isn't incredibly clunky. Would rather keep them separate.

Don't forgot that that XCB2s and XCB3s worlds were convinced while X was in devolpment. Which if it is true that Aionios is mira in the past that means that the reason some of XCB2s titans look similar to the decaying structures in Mira would be because they knew about the merged worlds and designed XCB2s titans off of those structures in X to prepare for aionios in XCB3.
While I have been against the merged worlds approach, and have wanted X to stay separate and do its own thing, if this really is what they envisioned from the beginning then I'm down. Especially if it gives more validity to X in some way.

Reading between the lines, we can surmise that at least the key visual of the Urayan titan and the Mechonis' sword was most likely conceived during X's development. We also know that Takahashi wrote a lot of lore during X's development. I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that the two of these events were connected. It's quite possible that X was the first Xenoblade title written with a long term plan in place, and not 2.

Been meaning to chime in with some extra ideas I've had since my posts in the other thread for a while, but have been busy with work. Since we're back on the topic of Mira might be Aionios again, I figured now is as good a time as any to post some more thoughts.

Long story short, I have a sibling living in Japan who decided to send me The Secret File: Art of Mira book as a birthday present. Unfortunately it took months to get here since it was sent through snail mail, but it got here a few weeks ago and I started to look for translations to the various blurbs of text throughout the book. While I wasn't able to find a full translation of the book, I found a Wordpress page someone made that translated the more "noteworthy" things found in it. There's a TON of really interesting information here, but it's the stuff about Mira itself that proves to be really interesting given what we know about Xenoblade 3 so far (Do a text search for "Page 272" to skip to the Mira part).

Now, this translation appears to have been done back in September 2021, before we had any information regarding Xenoblade 3 (We might've had the rumors about returning characters at this point, but that's it). On the bottom right corner of the page you get this blurb of text:

Translation said:
Mira idea: In the corners of the world or extreme high altitudes, we could have land that doesn’t look “quite finished”, or you can see blocky land patterns on the summoned? alternate-world borders.

As the translator states, this section is written by the editor of the book. He was likely told some vague information on the concept art and wasn't sure what to make of "summoned" alternate-world borders which is what the question mark is all about. Now that we have Xenoblade 3, this concept of "summoned alternate world borders" makes a lot more sense. Basically, I think it's pretty much confirmed that Mira is made up of two (Or more!) worlds.

Also look at the Mira concept art again:

I think the "purple gaps" you see are meant to represent those "alternate world borders", and it's possible that each of the 5 continents on Mira are from different planets (Along with the 5 moons it also has). So, to say Aionios = Mira may not entirely be accurate since the world in Xenoblade 3 might not actually be Mira yet, but rather the beginnings of it. But basically, "something" is summoning planets (Or chunks of planets) and people to Mira (The White Whale and the Ganglion were likely "summoned" as well).

Of course, Xenoblade 3 may still prove to be unrelated to X in the end, but if that DOES happen to be true I think the fact that the concept for Xenoblade 2 and 3 came about during X's development may mean that story elements that were originally going to be used in X's original design were reused/repurposed for Xenoblade 2 and 3. If that's the case, I think we can still make more sense of what Mira was originally about, based on what happens in Xenoblade 3. So if it is or isn't related to X, I think we'll still get some answers for Xenoblade X either way.

Another thing to think about: In Phog's affinity quest, you investigate some ruins and robots found in Oblivia (Oc-Servs). As you go through the quest, an NPC analyzes that "They're not Ganglion weapons. They're not native to Mira, and they're not from Earth either". It's a recurring theme, really... Nothing seems to be native to Mira except the Nopon and L (Who might be Mr. Wild Ride? You kinda get that impression when you see his concept art, which is also part of that translator's wordpress). Xenoblade X's name (Which is called "cross" in Japan) makes more sense too when you think of Mira as a crossings of all kinds of stuff... People, planets, creatures, time and space.

I've been feeling like I better understand Xenoblade X with each new entry to the series (Mostly Xeno 2 and the world tree reminding me of the tall tower in Mira's concept art, and then fog beasts in Future Connected reminding me of the tainted in X, and now with it becoming clear that Mira is some kind of inter-dimensional conglomeration with Xenoblade 3's scenario). Whether the connection is true or not, the idea of all this makes it that much more exciting to play and see what happens in Xenoblade 3.

Last edited:
Nothing seems to be native to Mira except the Nopon and L (Who might be Mr. Wild Ride? You kinda get that impression when you see his concept art, which is also part of that translator's wordpress).

Ehh... perhaps this is because I'm already not big on the "Aionios is Mira" theory, but this is starting to feel a little too out there for me. Maybe if L's concept art was covered in ouroboros or mobius strip imagery, or if his and Mr. Wild Ride's English VAs had the same accent, I'd feel differently. But I've got severe doubts about Mr. Wild Ride being an X character, or any X characters showing up even if the game sets up Mira's origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom