• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They tweaked the grass disappearing around the characters

Ah HA

I knew the grass was messed up. I'm glad they fixed it because it looked bad

Also means that the game is going to look even better than some of the Japanese clips we're getting đź‘€

Can't quite tell, but does the grass load farther than the Japanese clip?

Eunie's reminding me a lot of Syrenne from The Last Story.

It's interesting to hear a different part of that field theme, can't wait to hear the full thing. Only two more months!!

The description of Xenoblade 3 on the e-shop says "journey through a rich open world.." does this confirm a fully open world game similar to xenoblade x?

It could be but we don't really know. We do think at least the zones will be much bigger than they were in 1 and 2. With that said, I wouldn't think too much on the term open world. That could mean one connected world or just big areas. Breath of the Wild is considered open world but so are the Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 which are broken up into different areas. It's just a general industry term to refer to games with big maps with stuff to do on them.

It could be but we don't really know. We do think at least the zones will be much bigger than they were in 1 and 2. With that said, I wouldn't think too much on the term open world. That could mean one connected world or just big areas. Breath of the Wild is considered open world but so are the Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 which are broken up into different areas. It's just a general industry term to refer to games with big maps with stuff to do on them.
Yeah that is true I just looked at the descriptions for definitive edition on the eshop DE says explore a "massive world". IIRC This is the first time besides X they have referred to a xenoblade game as open world, however I agree with you in that it could just be bigger maps that are more interconnected.

The description of Xenoblade 3 on the e-shop says "journey through a rich open world.." does this confirm a fully open world game similar to xenoblade x?
I just checked on wayback machine and the NoA page added that part very recently.

NoA Xenoblade 3 page on May 14:
Join Noah and Mio, members of the two opposing nations of Keves and Agnus, on a heartfelt journey to end the cycle of violence.

NoA Xenoblade 3 page now:
Join Noah and Mio, members of the two opposing nations of Keves and Agnus, on a heartfelt journey through a rich open world to end the cycle of violence.

I just checked on wayback machine and the NoA page added that part very recently.

Oh shit open world confirmed just like it looked!! The areas seemed way too much like Xenoblade X
Yeah if they deliberately changed it to say "open world" in the description I'd say that's a pretty solid indication that we are indeed getting open world Xenoblade again. Man this game can't come soon enough

I don't think Nintendo ever called Xenoblade 1 or 2 open world games either. The NoA page for Xenoblade 2 mentions "open areas" but not "open world. saw the XC DE is referred to as a "massive world" and XC2 is referred to as "open areas" on the e-shop descriptions.but neither make them sound like open world games.
They didn't, I saw that XCDE was referred to as a "massive world" and XC2 as "open areas" on the e-shop. But neither make them sound like open world games.

I figured it was open world (well assuming it’s really is) when I saw the boat. Vehicles are needed for speedy travel in huge worlds, or X running or jumping speed.

Open world with Xenoblade 1 and 2 speeds would be terrible. Fast travel can only do so much.

I figured it was open world (well assuming it’s really is) when I saw the boat. Vehicles are needed for speedy travel in huge worlds, or X running or jumping speed.

Open world with Xenoblade 1 and 2 speeds would be terrible. Fast travel can only do so much.
This and it also seemed odd for how much detail you could see of the other biomes in the trailer for it to be segmented open areas.

Yeah that would be really cool, I would love to travel by airships or even travel on various creatures in XC3 like Chocobos in FF7 but I guess they are actually friendly lol
Traveling on a creature throughout some of these huge areas would be a welcome edition. Sometimes it can be a little too much just running around these huge environments.

Also, I really want to see the entire map of the world. The “continents” and the water or oceans that surround them. I still wouldn’t mind having like islands closed off until maybe you get an airship or a flying mech to get there. Like Xenoblade X had flying islands you couldn’t get to or FFVII had the Knights of the Roundtable island.

The field skills will probably lock some areas out too.

Traveling on a creature throughout some of these huge areas would be a welcome edition. Sometimes it can be a little too much just running around these huge environments.

Also, I really want to see the entire map of the world. The “continents” and the water or oceans that surround them. I still wouldn’t mind having like islands closed off until maybe you get an airship or a flying mech to get there. Like Xenoblade X had flying islands you couldn’t get to or FFVII had the Knights of the Roundtable island.

The field skills will probably lock some areas out too.
Yeah walking can get a little boring sometimes in xenoblade games. I really hope with their experience with mechs in xenoblade x they can do a good job with vehicles in 3. It's going to be interesting how they balance our ability to explore an open world while also being such a story focused game. Those are good examples because I just remembered the bionis shoulder maybe it will be a late game area with the use of a potential airship.

The field skills is the vehicles I think. More field skills more ways to traverse the land. It’s the main progression of the game since it’s also tied to NPCs.

Talk to people > more story > more field skills > more land open up.

Last edited:
The locations definitely all seemed open world, due to how huge the scale was and how seamless the transitions between biomes looked, but this looks to be actual confirmation of the fact.

How much freedom they give in exploration and how many traversal options we get are probably the big questions here in terms of how this open world will shake out. I'm honestly fine with standard numbered Xenoblade traversal, but I definitely wouldn't mind something faster and more dynamic (like how I hear X plays) given how big these areas look

Nintendo doesn't use "open world" unless it's the common definition. See the difference between Pokemon Legends and Scarlet and Violet. Shit's Xenoblade X, mayne

Nice (and very exciting) discovery!! Nintendo is extremely careful with the wording for this stuff, so to me this is 100% a confirmation of an open world.

Hype increasing from termosphere to exosphere levels.

Field skills would be a GREAT way to avoid another Cauldros if the map is truly open world. Key story locations could be locked away until the story allows them to be visited.

The field skills will be used to lock some areas off. It can be used for story purposes.

I just want to see how much boat travel there is. That’s the final fantasy party for me. I loved getting to boat and traveling around to continents. The reveal trailer did show you could swim. Will you be able to just swim everywhere and not even need a boat? But the boat is a faster option or does the boat only being used in specific parts. Hmm so many questions…

I'm not that excited with the prospect of the game being open-world tbh. I'd rather have a more linear experience, with a Xeno 1 kind of map. But then, i've never played Xenoblade X, so i don't know how Monolithsoft manages open-world games

I'm not that excited with the prospect of the game being open-world tbh. I'd rather have a more linear experience, with a Xeno 1 kind of map. But then, i've never played Xenoblade X, so i don't know how Monolithsoft manages open-world games
Yeah if you haven’t played the amazing Xenoblade X (one of the best open worlds) it’s hard to see where we’re coming from

XC3 being full open world is going to be interesting for the story. "Go to Swordmarch" isn't a meaningful objective if it's possible to go there from the start, so we may be going Metroidvania-RPG where eg we need to beat Isurd to unlock climbing to pass through Maktha, though parts of Maktha might still be accessible without climbing. I guess the boat could be post-Swordmarch, and that would be when the game opens up for realsies.
It just means a new trailer is coming imo. We went through this before lol.
You mean, like, before not-E3? Two trailers in three weeks seems a little much, though I guess if their marketing is pushed up by a month or two there will be some bunching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom