• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

from DeepL:
In battles, all characters except the control character will attack automatically. When there are many enemies, it is recommended to switch targets and destroy them one by one!

Something interesting about the enemies in the background. Some have gold sparkles around their levels. Another one has the blue wings. Are we possibly getting two types of uniques? Maybe the gold sparkles are sometimes random enemies just get stat boosts or a chance of dropping rarer items. Then again, characters fight enemies with blue wings in the trailer and they don't have unique names, so possibly neither of these things denote a unique.

It's possible the sparkles indicate a unique. I thought it was odd for two to be that close together, but unique have been stuck close together before.

There's a blue beacon of light on the cliff in the background. It seems there's all sorts of items and collectables beyond the regular item orbs scattered about the environments.

Noah's cancel attacks don't seem to have any effect on arts or talent art recharge. The talent art fills twice when he uses positionals. The first positional he uses isn't a cancel attack. He uses Air Slash as a cancel attack, which also gets Air Slash's effect bonus but this does nothing for recharges. His arts appear to be pure cooldown based as we suspected of circle arts.

Last edited:
The sparkles could be a unique enemy that was never defeated. Some generic unique enemies hard to spot, this would help finding them.

The sparkles could be also always there. Either way it's a great improvement. What ever it's used for.

The blue wings could be some quest/bounty symbol.

Last edited:
The sparkles could be a unique enemy that was never defeated. Some generic unique enemies hard to spot, this would help finding them.

The sparkles could be also always there. Either way it's a great improvement. What ever it's used for.

The blue wings could be some quest/bounty symbol.
A quest objective marker is possible, I just figured that would be an exclamation mark. There's an enemy in the trailer with an exclamation mark to the right of its name though it also has the blue wings.

Some sort of new bounty system could be cool. I was doubtful they'd go back to the basic npc quests asking you to kill X number of monsters from the first game. 2 got rid of them as quests but still had those types of objectives live on in the form of affinity node unlock conditions. So maybe they came up with some new system separate from quests that's hopefully more engaging.

it's that really dumb "eyelashes in front of the face" thing I see a lot in japan. not really a fan of it but I guess it's done to better emphasize the eyes
The weird thing is that, as far as I've seen, it's a style choice that's mainly used to exaggerate facial expressions for comedic effect (i.e. Ace Attorney, Street Fighter). I think that's the reason they adopted it in 2 and was absent in XCDE. Given the tone of 3 so far, it's a bit surprising they kept it.

The weird thing is that, as far as I've seen, it's a style choice that's mainly used to exaggerate facial expressions for comedic effect (i.e. Ace Attorney, Street Fighter). I think that's the reason they adopted it in 2 and was absent in XCDE. Given the tone of 3 so far, it's a bit surprising they kept it.
It makes sense for a game like Ace Attorney since it's 2D and barely animated. But in 3d, it just makes you realize someone on the dev team asked "how can they even see?", and just copied 2d as a solution

from DeepL:

Something interesting about the enemies in the background. Some have gold sparkles around their levels. Another one has the blue wings. Are we possibly getting two types of uniques? Maybe the gold sparkles are sometimes random enemies just get stat boosts or a chance of dropping rarer items. Then again, characters fight enemies with blue wings in the trailer and they don't have unique names, so possibly neither of these things denote a unique.

It's possible the sparkles indicate a unique. I thought it was odd for two to be that close together, but unique have been stuck close together before.

There's a blue beacon of light on the cliff in the background. It seems there's all sorts of items and collectables beyond the regular item orbs scattered about the environments.

Noah's cancel attacks don't seem to have any effect on arts or talent art recharge. The talent art fills twice when he uses positionals. The first positional he uses isn't a cancel attack. He uses Air Slash as a cancel attack, which also gets Air Slash's effect bonus but this does nothing for recharges. His arts appear to be pure cooldown based as we suspected of circle arts.

Wasn't there something in future connected where an enemy with a slightly different health bar offered more exp/money?

Is it just me or does it look like all the enemy attacks are shown now? The name of their attack seems to replace the enemy name above their HP.

The weird thing is that, as far as I've seen, it's a style choice that's mainly used to exaggerate facial expressions for comedic effect (i.e. Ace Attorney, Street Fighter).
Not so much for comedic effect, a lot of anime/manga of many genres do it simply to keep the eyes from being fully obscured by hair that's drawn as solid (when in real life hair is not completely solid and wouldn't completely obscure the eyes). It's just a style thing that's persisted for decades. You see it done with glasses, too, where profile angles of characters wearing glasses will have the temples disappear behind the eye of the character so the eye won't be obscured. Same thing.

I think that's the reason they adopted it in 2 and was absent in XCDE. Given the tone of 3 so far, it's a bit surprising they kept it.
The reason it's in 2 and 3 but wasn't in DE could be, if anything, because 2 and 3 have the same character designer and DE was someone else. Also keep in mind DE was, as vastly improved as it may have been, still built off the original Wii game. Programming in a new feature and adding it to the game to simply have eyelashes render on top of hair would've been a relatively big and (imo) unnecessary ask.

Is it just me or does it look like all the enemy attacks are shown now? The name of their attack seems to replace the enemy name above their HP.
This is how the wii game did it. All games have shown the name of the attack just in different ways:
1 (Wii) and 3: Replaces the enemy name
X: Appears over the corresponding body part (can easily fall out of the camera's view)
2 and DE: Appears under the enemy's nametag.

Wasn't there something in future connected where an enemy with a slightly different health bar offered more exp/money?
There were fog-infected beasts if that's what you're thinking of.

This is how the wii game did it. All games have shown the name of the attack just in different ways:
1 (Wii) and 3: Replaces the enemy name
X: Appears over the corresponding body part (can easily fall out of the camera's view)
2 and DE: Appears under the enemy's nametag.
Makes sense that the Wii version did it that way, I complete forgot. I'm surprised they went back to it with the info pinned to the top of the screen but it's a nice nod to the original.

We getting another blog post today? Forgot the exact schedule of those

There is only one blog post that came out without coinciding with a new trailer and that one came out two weeks ago on a thursday. If there even is a consistent schedule it will come out on thursday.

There is only one blog post that came out without coinciding with a new trailer and that one came out two weeks ago on a thursday. If there even is a consistent schedule it will come out on thursday.
No, there was a second blog post the week before golden week. So if they keep up the same pattern then it will be Thursday. You can see them here on the Japanese website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/az3ha/

First one dated 4/20 and second one dated 4/28.

No, there was a second blog post the week before golden week. So if they keep up the same pattern then it will be Thursday. You can see them here on the Japanese website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/az3ha/

First one dated 4/20 and second one dated 4/28.

There is by definition no pattern currently as the first real blog post was on a wednesday and the second one on a thursday. And as I said, the first blog post on a wednesday coincided with the second trailer. The second one is the first one that really released on its own and we'll see this week if the pattern is one every thursday.

The reason it's in 2 and 3 but wasn't in DE could be, if anything, because 2 and 3 have the same character designer and DE was someone else. Also keep in mind DE was, as vastly improved as it may have been, still built off the original Wii game. Programming in a new feature and adding it to the game to simply have eyelashes render on top of hair would've been a relatively big and (imo) unnecessary ask.
not only that but XC1 didn't even have a set character designer

There is by definition no pattern currently as the first real blog post was on a wednesday and the second one on a thursday. And as I said, the first blog post on a wednesday coincided with the second trailer. The second one is the first one that really released on its own and we'll see this week if the pattern is one every thursday.
Okay, the way your post was worded made me think you didn't know about the second one. I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. The second one is what made some of us wonder if this could continue weekly.

Okay, the way your post was worded made me think you didn't know about the second one. I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. The second one is what made some of us wonder if this could continue weekly.

Oh no, I wonder so as well! Just better not to get my hopes up so easily, haha.

I didn't notice this until I read a random reddit comment, but I don't think we have seen any examples of diamond arts that inflict break, topple, daze, or any other similar effects. In fact, after talking about it to others on a Xeno discord, the only example we can seemingly find of an Agnus character (Mio, Sena, Taion) with such an effect is Sena's talent art, which inflicts launch.

IMG_3002.jpg

Given that talent arts likely aren't going to be as quickly recharging as the normal diamond arts, it makes me wonder if this is a deliberate choice on the dev's part. In particular, I wonder if this is how they are going to balance the Keves characters/classes relative to the Agnus ones. In this case, the Agnus characters/classes are able to spam their arts due to their auto-attack based recharge, but are unable to inflict break, topple, or any related effects. Meanwhile, the Keves characters/classes aren't able to spam their arts as much due to them having a timer-based recharge system, but their arts are capable of producing large swings in battle due to them being the only way to break, topple, or daze enemies.

This system, in addition to balancing the two groups, would also really tie together the theme the devs seem to be going for. Agnus characters are able to exploit opportunities due their rapid-fire arts, but not create them, while Keves characters are able to create opportunities, but not exploit them due to their limited ability to fire off arts. Its only when the two groups (or more broadly, the two nations) work together is humanity's potential fully realized. This teamwork can manifest through the two groups simply fighting together, but also through more advanced mechanics like art fusion and Ouroboros forms. Its really interesting to think about.

Now it's Cammuravi time

from DeepL:
Kamnavi" (CV: Daisuke Kusunoki) is the military commander of Agnus' "Colony Delta" and a wielder of a long spear like a flame. In battle, he is known as "Kamnavi of the Red Lotus" because of his one-hit wizardry, like a blazing flame.

Kamnavi is a man of character, a man of action, a man of honor, a man of honor to fight with integrity, a man of respect to his enemy Keves, a man of fire and passion!
He sounds like Godfrey lol

So we've got Silvercoat and Red Lotus (that's definitely becoming "Crimson Lotus" in the translation). Those sound like class names to anyone? Because they kinda do to me

Solid titles either way though

His spear looks like the Aegis sword
Was going to mention that, the tip of his spear looks like Pneuma's sword when fully activated, except with fire.

Anyway, the man is totally like I expected him to be based on the 2 lines he had in the trailer.

Oh wait, I've just realized "Colony Delta"? Both Ethel and Cammuravi are in charge of the 4th colony of their respective countries. You know how Japanese media is when it comes to the number 4.

They're both dying lol

I think Cammuravi and Taion are the only Agnus characters who don't seem to be XC2 Blades? Sena has ether lines and a visible core crystal, Mio and The Queen of Agnus have visible core crystals, and Isurd has ether lines. Isurd and Sena seem to be the only two characters so far with American accents, which along with the ether lines might mean they're more Bladey. Hard to tell if Cammuravi's accent is American, but if it is, it would mean that Taion and possibly Vandham are the only humans we've seen thus far.

Oh wait, I've just realized "Colony Delta"? Both Ethel and Cammuravi are in charge of the 4th colony of their respective countries. You know how Japanese media is when it comes to the number 4.

They're both dying lol

They will team up and sacrifice themselves.

AoT 2.0 lol

I think Cammuravi and Taion are the only Agnus characters who don't seem to be XC2 Blades? Sena has ether lines and a visible core crystal, Mio and The Queen of Agnus have visible core crystals, and Isurd has ether lines. Isurd and Sena seem to be the only two characters so far with American accents, which along with the ether lines might mean they're more Bladey. Hard to tell if Cammuravi's accent is American, but if it is, it would mean that Taion and possibly Vandham are the only humans we've seen thus far.
Interesting point to bring up. I immediately identified him as a blade due to the fire all around him. His hair even turns into fire similar to Brighid's. The ether lines and core crystal could easily be hidden under his armor. Plenty of blades don't have ether lines visible on the neck and head. But I hadn't noticed his accent before. I can't place it, but it's definitely not American. Americans don't say mettle like that. Then again, Nia lost her accent after spending enough time with a Gormotti family so it's not impossible. It's just hard to imagine what other race could have flames as a party of their body like that.

I feel like in this world, what 'human' means doesn't matter too much. All the races from previous games seem to have become more human. Even the nopon have whites in their eyes and human hair. I like how in 2, aside from blades, every race was just considered human even nopon.

Changing the subject, I feel like the names for the Agnus colonies should have been different translations of the seven deadly sins and seven virtues like 2's titans.

I'm pretty sure Cammuravi is a Blade since parts of his armor is on fire and he could be easily hiding his core crystal under his armor like the members of Torna did in XC2.

I have a question for everyone; there has been plenty of speculation of those tattoos we see on the characters being some kind of life timer, but do any of the Agnus characters have them? Maybe only the people from the XC1 world have it because they are from a pocket universe and it has something to do with ether.

I'm pretty sure Cammuravi is a Blade since parts of his armor is on fire and he could be easily hiding his core crystal under his armor like the members of Torna did in XC2.

I have a question for everyone; there has been plenty of speculation of those tattoos we see on the characters being some kind of life timer, but do any of the Agnus characters have them? Maybe only the people from the XC1 world have it because they are from a pocket universe and it has something to do with ether.
Yes, all 3 Agnian party members have them. Sena has it on her left arm, Taion on the palm of his left hand, Mio on the right side of her neck. Sena and Taion have red on the spot in the middle, Mio's has no red.

I believe we've seen the timer on the Agnus characters as well

I wonder if this means the new equivalent of pouch items are party-wide rather than setting items individually per character. I think most people just used the same two items for everyone so it makes sense to streamline it.

And yea, they should have kept Red Lotus.

I love the nonchalant "Welp, we've been found."

So we are getting different types of uniques!! According DeepL's translation:
There are four types of monsters: "Normal," "Elite," "Unique," and "Lucky," which can be distinguished by the symbols above them. Elite monsters are stronger than normal monsters, so be careful.

Lucky monsters have the same strength as normal monsters, but they seem to be easier to get good items from. If you find a lucky monster, you might want to challenge it aggressively!
This is so cool!

Elite = Blue wings
Unique = Gold wings
Sparkles = Lucky

I wonder if you can encounter lucky versions of elite or unique monsters. Hopefully the drop tables aren't too much of a hassle across all of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom