• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct announced for June 22nd (broadcast over, Expansion Pass confirmed, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just looks delightful, though the combat mechanics look a bit complex (as always). I needed to watch a battle tutorial for XC2 and will certainly need one for this.

Keep in mind December 31 2023 is a stock placeholder date many people use. Hell, Prime 4 pre order tells me it released December 31 2023 lol

This was a frikking amazing Direct, I'm glad they dedicated this to the game instead of giving it a smaller section in the main one. Beautiful world, characters along with a complex battle system and most likely compelling story. I hope that this beats Tales of Arise in sales because is everything that series should be at this point.

Saw this on Reddit. Think this might be a simulated world. Would explain how certain areas like Dannagh return, how Noah and crew can literally see the different classes, and how/why people get vaporized by Melia and Nia. As to what purpose the simple has, who knows.

That's a HELL YES from me. This direct made a game a lot more clear and with that, my doubts are completely gone!

Might pick up the steelbook

That's a HELL YES from me. This direct made a game a lot more clear and with that, my doubts are completely gone!

Might pick up the steelbook
If NoA ever get their servers upgraded. I'm still tilted about that.

it's crazy how many games copy this shot

the DLC will be Elma coming to Aionios and seeing what shit military both sides are and decides to whip them all into shape like the colonel she is
Makna_Falls.jpg

Kinda curious how this is going to look and run in handheld mode, the game looks bigger and more ambitious than ever lol.

they'll probably continue to support Zelda
I'd imagine that after BOTW 2 ends development they will not jump directly into the new Zelda (don't think Zelda will stay in the same formula for 3 entries) so while Zelda Team in Nintendo starts pre-development they could do a small title

I don't think the masked girls are actually the Nia and Melia from the first 2 games and I think this is gonna be an isekai.

Well I would say they've kind of earned it since they did help develop BOTW's open world.
That said, that specific shot seems more reminiscent of traditional JRPG trope of looking over the ledge. The shape of the overlook is similar too.

West_Cape.png

final_fantasy_VI_opening_biggs_wedge.jpg
Don't forget the cape overlooking the last civilization where the magus frog confrontation took place.

Just a PSA, these are all games where Tetsuya Takahashi was one of the graphics directors. Considering You can add in every single Xenoblade game as well, starting with the cylinder hanger and the peninsula overlooking makna falls.... I don't think it's a coincidence. I think he's fond of this.

Ff6:
Tetsuya TakahashiGraphic Director

Chrono trigger:

Think it's more of a traditional Takahashi thing from when he used to be a visual designer than a traditional jrpg thing.

What the hell was with that Nopon’s voice lol. So deep and unlike any we’ve heard before.

Maybe it got turn into a Nopon lol
everyone was mad about the Nopon voices in previous games so this is the saving throw to make people like him
Saw this on Reddit. Think this might be a simulated world. Would explain how certain areas like Dannagh return, how Noah and crew can literally see the different classes, and how/why people get vaporized by Melia and Nia. As to what purpose the simple has, who knows.
oh no, you aren't allowed to post that

not with that avatar

everyone was mad about the Nopon voices in previous games so this is the saving throw to make people like him

oh no, you aren't allowed to post that

not with that avatar

Still on blackout, but honestly, that gruff nopon voice description sounds fun. Weird silly unexpected things with nopon sounds right to me.

Really should have stuck with the xb1 inflections. Having nopon speak without their weird uk moon marshmallow accents, but practically like normal, but keeping the same manner of dialog was super weird and did not work at all for me in X and xb2. Saying meh meh like a normal person just does not work for me.

I was shocked to find out riki, and Dunga had like ridiculously experienced old school character va's, I don't think the extreme range of Riki's expression, from overacting mascot character to deadpan 40 year old deadbeat complaining about mother in laws was easy. Thinking back on it, I found out like a surprising amount of the supporting cast of xb1 was stupid experienced character va with a massive experience catalog. How the heck did that happen? Heck Miqol was papa pig from Peppa pig. Can never see that the same way again lol.

I'm legit blown away by how good that presentation was. Wow.

Can't watch the direct atm. How is the world structured? Is it open world or segmented?

Looks great. I wonder how busy battles will be though with seven party members all participating.

Seems like side quests might be more substantial this time around which makes me really hope they bring back Expert Mode or else I'll end up overlevelled like the first game.

Looks great. How hard is this game for jrpg noob?

It's hard to think back to a time when I would have a similar frame of reference as a 'jrpg noob'.

Typically, I don't find the main game particularly challenging in Xenoblade games, I typically end up extremely over leveled, because I fart around too much.

It's systems however, do tend to be complicated. But not like, rpgass crpg complicated. Except if you want to dig into XbX.

I remember the first Xenoblade having a difficulty spike about a quarter of the way through the game, which was basically the game telling you to start using it's auxiliary gem and skill tree systems to buff your party.

I remember a second spike due to having a tricky boss paired with dumb ai, you needed to keep on top of with your party commands to stop them from constantly suiciding in acid.

Don't really remember any difficulty spikes in any xb games main path after that. Tons of optional stuff to test your command over the combat system though.

From what very little I've let myself see of xb3, it appears to have a much more complex battle system than any previous entry.

My gut says that will by far be the biggest barrier to entry. I'm not anticipating anything overly difficult on the main path through the game.

It looks similar to the earlier games in terms of gameplay, and I was a bit of a JRPG noob when I played the first game. I’d expect a lot of QoL added too.

Xenoblade games look complex from the outside but honestly once you play them you get used to it after several hours of exploring and battling.

One thing that can really help newcomers is that all the Xenoblade games are less punishing compared to JRPGs of old.

This looks lovely.

Feels like a combination of XB1 + Torna in terms of the base battle system, with some XB2 Blades + classes included. Also the Fusion Dance.

Watching it now, I haven't been following the marketing and information because I know I'm buying and playing it anyway.

This 10 year life setup sounds wild.

Interesting that the races in this game seem to be a hodge podge of both prior games. Haven't seen any X species yet though.

I still need to play Xenoblade DE, 2 and Torna (in the backlog) so I won’t buy this at launch, think maybe I should make a start on the first Xenoblade though and play it over the summer.

One aspect of the direct sold me on 3 more than I can express.

They build the quest tracking indicators based on xenoblade 1s quest marker indicators and not 2's atrocious distance and height guidance. Also not sure if I am overthinking but it seems you can Toggle the red path indicators off? Since if so, that's dope QOL.

Xenoblade 2's quest map guiding system was atrocious for a newbie to the series like I am.

Though i gotta still play Torna soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom