• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 metagaming (SPOILERS)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

Don't read any further if you have not yet finished the game!

This is your final warning!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, I wanted to create a space
where we can discuss team composition, endgame strategies, broken builds, and other various metagaming topics.
My primary justification for creating a new thread on this topic is so we don't have to flood the main ST with spoiler tags.

I've been working on some personal resources and might post things here and there for reference. I'm working on a personal data spreadsheet for easy reference, and if there's enough interest I'll share it here.

But if you find anything, or think of anything to share, please discuss it here!

1660084395774.png

1660084640504.png

1660084467169.png

Art Combos you can learn as Master Arts

BreakYumsmithFlashbackLv. 10
BreakIncursorGlitter StreamLv. 10
ToppleGuardian CommanderShield BashLv. 10
ToppleSeraphCrimson LanceLv. 10
LaunchOgrePressure DropLv. 20
LaunchLone ExileSoaring TempestLv. 10
SmashFlash FencerSaber StrikeLv. 20
SmashLost VanguardMighty BeatLv. 10
DazeMedic GunnerMyopic ScreenLv. 1
BurstTroubadourWay HomeLv. 1

Invincibility Mode

There's already a completely broken invincibility build. I'm not sure who actually discovered it, but Enel has a video on the subject.

Setup:

Noah
  • Talent Art: Unlimited Sword
  • Master Art: Resonant Flag
  • Skill: Capable Hands (Talent Art available at start of battle)
  • Skill: Protector's Pride (recharge speed + 40% when non-Defenders are targeted)

Anyone @ Signifer
  • Talent Art: Glittering Melody
  • Skill: Capable Hands (Talent Art available at start of battle)
  • Skill: Protector's Pride (recharge speed + 40% when non-Defenders are targeted)

NO DEFENDERS ON TEAM (so that Protectors Pride is always active)

Steps:

1. Start battle
2. Activate Invincibility buff on Noah using his Unlimited Sword Talent Art
3. Pause the buff timer by switching to someone on Signifer and using their Glittering Melody Talent Art
4. Set Noah's Arts back to normal by switching back to him, unequipping your weapon by holding A, then rejoining battle by pressing A
5. Share the paused Invincibility buff with everyone on the team by using the Resonant Flag Talent Art
6. Keep the buff timer paused by switching back to Signifer and spamming the ever living hell out of Glittering Melody!

Boom, invincibility mode! Prepare for this to be patched ASAP, since this is 100% game breaking.

All Monolith would have to do is remove Invincibility's status as a buff and Glittering Melody would no longer work on it, effectively nullifying this strategy.

Adding more charts to the OP as images.

Dunno when I'll really dig into the class builds (want to unlock more stuff and do more sidequests first) but this is definitely the most interested I've been in a potential challenge mode. Never really felt the urge in XC1 and XC2, but XC3's flexibility is just so damn good.

Dunno when I'll really dig into the class builds (want to unlock more stuff and do more sidequests first) but this is definitely the most interested I've been in a potential challenge mode. Never really felt the urge in XC1 and XC2, but XC3's flexibility is just so damn good.
This is exactly why I want to gather as much information as possible as quickly as possible. The potential is endless!

In addition to Mio/Zephyr being the evade tank, the Troubadour class also has a master skill learned at rank 15 that boosts the whole party's accuracy and evasion similar to foresight. It doesn't stack if you put it on multiple characters though.

And Incursor has Mythra's crits.

In addition to Mio/Zephyr being the evade tank, the Troubadour class also has a master skill learned at rank 15 that boosts the whole party's accuracy and evasion similar to foresight. It doesn't stack if you put it on multiple characters though.

And Incursor has Mythra's crits.
Nice, I didn't know about Swiftsong but that's going to be fantastic alongside Mio/Zephyr.

Nice, I didn't know about Swiftsong but that's going to be fantastic alongside Mio/Zephyr.
Yea, I was excited about that skill. Then you can have the Tactician's evasion field on top of that to make your zephyr even harder to hit. Although I feel Tactician might be one of the weaker support classes so I'm not sure if it's worth having just for the evade field. The endgame's kinder to buffers than debuffers.

Is there a reliable auto attack build?
I haven't looked into it, but Martial Artist seems to be the class for that. It has a skill that makes auto-attack animations faster and the interval between them shorter for each consecutive auto-attack.

edit: Incursor also has a master skill that gives a huge boost to the crit rate of your auto-attacks

Last edited:
New hero is great. Replaced the Lifesage in my hero slot. Works really well with my Lone Exile tank that is based around crit-recharge art spam (courtesy of the Frenzied Combo skill).
New hero has a crazy good learnable skill that increases partywide crit rate AND damage as well as a field effect that heals upon art usage.

My new best time for Seraphic Ceretinia at lv. 200 on Hard is 2:04, down fifty seconds!

Haven't investigated the crafting yet.

Tried the first of the Roguelike challenges, every battle took like five seconds and was followed by tutorial after tutorial. Hopefully that will get better.

Back
Top Bottom