• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

oh my fucking god. there are so many side quests in alcamoth. i think i helped a guy hook up with two girls at the same time?
You were helping him pick between the two. Unless I'm misremembering, the one named Ricoth takes the rejection better than Rozeal. It doesn't really matter though, the affinity chart results will be the same and they all stay friends.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but its pretty exciting Xenoblade news.

Enel got Xenoblade Torna Any% Glitchless into SGDQ.

Its the biggest speedrunning event and the first time in history Xenoblade has gotten into a GDQ.

filling in this map will be the end of me

img_6291stjl4.jpg

...i feel real dumb rn

Don't worry, i only knew this on my second playthrough... i swam all across the Eryth Sea the first time i played the game... (@_@)

I was ranting on Twitter how stupid it is to remove the fog of war in the first area again.

...i feel real dumb rn

Don't worry, i only knew this on my second playthrough... i swam all across the Eryth Sea the first time i played the game... (@_@)

I was ranting on Twitter how stupid it is to remove the fog of war in the first area again.

+1 to the First Timers Eryth Sea Topographic Swimming Dumb Club (on the Wii version!). I bet there's dozens of us! But yeah, once you've found all named areas and landmarks, including the secret ones, the map will automatically fill in. Don't worry, you'll still need to swim more than a little bit ;)

Curse you, Bionis' Occipital!!

I'm not sure if this goes here, but its pretty exciting Xenoblade news.

Enel got Xenoblade Torna Any% Glitchless into SGDQ.

Its the biggest speedrunning event and the first time in history Xenoblade has gotten into a GDQ.
It's really great news. He'd submitted XC2 several times beforehand, but never made the cut. Xenoblade becoming a familiar face at these kind of events can only be a good thing.

...i feel real dumb rn

Something else to keep in mind is the path to some secret areas do not fill in or appear at all on the map, only the final destinations do.

Also a lot of the areas, including dungeons type areas, particularly earlier ones, have rooms, or entire massive areas you won't see the first time through. Most of them will have side quest chains that will send you through them. But not all. And some of them will require an item aquired from a side quest chain to access the area.

filling in this map will be the end of me

img_6291stjl4.jpg
As others said, some areas aren't accessible until later. For Eryth Sea though, you can fill in the whole map on your first visit. You do need a little more than the main landmarks, you also need all the 'locations' and secret areas as well. But you don't need to swim across the whole thing. Just walk along the floating islands going from teleporter to teleporter and keep a careful eye on your surroundings for non-floating islands and the various shores along the edges. Some shores have level 80-ish enemies but you'll get the landmark or location discovery just by getting close enough.

The trickiest to find secret area can be spotted from Hovering Reef 9 if you look very carefully. The trickiest location won't look like it's a location and is what I think trips most people up with Eryth. This one does require swimming out a little bit, you'll want to swim right into the Bionis's head, get right behind the middle of it.

Of course, you can also always cheat and look at the completed map on the wiki and just follow that for all the locations and landmarks if you want to be that kind of person lol

so that was pretty easy, the whole map filled in after just going around to do the side quests. now i remember that it did happen once before (not sure which region), where the map got filled in at a certain point.

Outside the realm of video games, I wish Xenoblade received as much merch as something like Persona or Final Fantasy receives. Been looking to buy some card game merch and I see quite a bit of Persona and FF, but the only Xenoblade merch is doujinshi merch that's extremely hard to find and expensive as all hell.

Wish this would change with 3, but we'll see.....

Outside the realm of video games, I wish Xenoblade received as much merch as something like Persona or Final Fantasy receives. Been looking to buy some card game merch and I see quite a bit of Persona and FF, but the only Xenoblade merch is doujinshi merch that's extremely hard to find and expensive as all hell.

I can't believe they didn't make models of the Bionis and Mechonis.
I don't even buy those kinds of things but it would have been so cool to have a better idea of where I was geographically in the game as I was playing.

Wish this would change with 3, but we'll see.....
I can't believe they didn't make models of the Bionis and Mechonis.
I don't even buy those kinds of things but it would have been so cool to have a better idea of where I was geographically in the game as I was playing.
I've been saying for years that I wished Nintendo had made a Monado-in-the-grass statue for DE in the same style that they had the Master Sword statue for BotW. I woulda bought that in a heartbeat.
And Bionis/Mechonis models would have been rad, either true to the game or based more off Honne's original pitch for Iwata. I woulda bought either one. ❤️

got to prison island. i guess i'm really overleveled because none of the monsters are attacking me, lol
That'll happen if you do all the side quests. How easy it is to overlevel is a common discussion point about these games and a reason why DE added that expert mode in the options menu. Expert mode will make it so EXP received from quests and landmark/location discoveries is put into a bank instead of immediately applied to your character. You may also freely de-level for extra challenge if you want.

I sort of don't love that our only options are overlevel vs. turn off quest EXP completely. I know this would be hard to balance, but alongside difficulty options, I wish RPGs would allow options for different EXP curves to suit different playstyles. If I want to play Xenoblade like an old-school MMO, give me the option.

oh my god this nopon drug ring questline...

Bana, the Elon Musk of Xenoblade. <3

I hope he's back in the next game.

The nopon are my favorite RPG mascots simply because of how crazy their sidequests can be like the cult quest in XC2.

That sidequest goes places, but the first half of it is extremely tedious. I still get PTSD-style flashbacks whenever I read the name Zazadan... On the other hand the writing for most Nopon is top-notch. I don't get why so many people hate them.

Great choice for the lead character.
he has the most funny dialog with NPCs, lol

edit: i love how the devs know when they've made a really beautiful world so they just do a quest where you have to go to a point just to have the best view of it.

Last edited:

I missed this, but Soraya Saga started an instagram last month with a lot of doodles. There's some fun Xenoblade 2 stuff here and a little bit of Xenosaga.

i'm so impressed with the scale of the environments in 1, it's crazy to think they pulled this off on wii. there was a quest that required climbing for like 20 minutes but it was worth it just for the view.

i think i'm close to the end of the game, might be wrong. this has been such a fantastic journey.

i still have to go through all the heart to hearts tho, i won't lock myself out of any of them by beating the game, would i?

i'm so impressed with the scale of the environments in 1, it's crazy to think they pulled this off on wii. there was a quest that required climbing for like 20 minutes but it was worth it just for the view.

i think i'm close to the end of the game, might be wrong. this has been such a fantastic journey.

i still have to go through all the heart to hearts tho, i won't lock myself out of any of them by beating the game, would i?
You won't, there is a point of no return before the final boss, but the game points it out to you and actually won't let you save past it.

got to the first boss of the game where i'm struggling a bit (second phase of egil), died twice and gave up for now. tho it shouldn't be too hard, it's level 72 and i'm 69/70.

got to the first boss of the game where i'm struggling a bit (second phase of egil), died twice and gave up for now. tho it shouldn't be too hard, it's level 72 and i'm 69/70.
That one is rough. There is a small handful of bosses around and past this point that I struggle with, but it can be done! I'm a boring player who mostly sticks to Shulk and even I got through it.

Back
Top Bottom