• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

about to finish future connected (i think?). the ponspector quest line was really fun, the nopons get up to the dumbest things, lol

i'm thinking i'm gonna get the xenoblade 2 expansion and do a new game+ of that next. i kinda rushed through 2, doing none of the side stuff, so i'm gonna take my time with it this time.

edit: finished future connected. pretty good tbh, the story wasn't anything amazing, but having melia and tyrea's characters fleshed out a bit more was nice, and bionis's shoulder was a really well designed world, very fun to explore.

Last edited:
The Ponspectors were a lot of fun (and I liked their various 'Qualified! Certified!' jokes). The area itself was really well designed too, a lot of fun to explore and still managing to keep a decent sense of progression even with the smaller scope.

Ponspectors are an underrated aspect of FC. Their questline goes on from beginning to end, all over the map, it's entertaining, completing each part gives you a tangible reward that makes you stronger. 10/10 would measure again

well, i'm done for good. 99 hours + 10 in future connected. there's 7 heart to hearts left but it'll take a long time to get the affinities up, i'll just watch them on youtube.

img_671715k50.jpg

edit: i'm glad i finished colony 6 since it opened up a lot of new side quests that i finished. except one where it requires you to trade for two energy aubergines, but i have nothing that's worth as much.

well, i'm done for good. 99 hours + 10 in future connected. there's 7 heart to hearts left but it'll take a long time to get the affinities up, i'll just watch them on youtube.

img_671715k50.jpg

edit: i'm glad i finished colony 6 since it opened up a lot of new side quests that i finished. except one where it requires you to trade for two energy aubergines, but i have nothing that's worth as much.
Congrats! Would love to hear your thoughts, especially those comparing it to 2

aw, in one of the heart to hearts riki mentions the time nene got stock on top of a tree, nene tells the same story in future connected.

Congrats! Would love to hear your thoughts, especially those comparing it to 2
absolutely loved it. it really felt like an amazing, grand adventure. i feel like i enjoyed it more than 2, but that might be because i took my time and explored everything and did the side quests, where as i rushed through 2 and just beat the main quests on easy mode. maybe replaying 2 will change my mind.

edit: one thing 2 had over 1 was the cutscenes, they really stepped it up in that regard.

XC2 is a game that really rewards delving deep into it's systems and side content.

So much content is tied to the blades - they pretty much all have voiced hearts to hearts and there's dozens of multi-stage blade quests with voiced cutscenes too.

Theory and Praxis have really cool, connected side stories, while there's some really silly stuff like helping a blade set up their own dessert shop. There's just so much work put into each blade. It's crazy that so many of them have post-battle banter with each other, as well as their drivers.

I don't think it's wrong to say there's a few dozen hours of blade quests, which not only flesh them out, but also offer up some cool interactions between the main party members.

If you enjoy the game and can fight past some of it's rougher edges, it's a game that really washes over you. XC2 gets in it's own way from time to time, sometimes often, but it's such a generous and ambitious game. It feels like a big hug.

I’m debating whether I wanna start over Xeno 2 when I get to it or not. I left it at 30 hours in but I honestly can’t remember much of the story or gameplay. And restarting a save from 2017 is gonna be rough either way lol. That’ll be a while away, though - I’m still only 17 hours into 1 lol

I’m so annoyed I didn’t finish these games on release so I can enjoy 3 with everyone when it releases :( I left them unfinished which is just a waste of time overall.

Really enjoying getting back into 1 though! Now I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of the systems, and what each party member can do (I’ve only got up to Dunban). It’s also really chill just knocking off some side quests and such :)

I’m debating whether I wanna start over Xeno 2 when I get to it or not. I left it at 30 hours in but I honestly can’t remember much of the story or gameplay. And restarting a save from 2017 is gonna be rough either way lol. That’ll be a while away, though - I’m still only 17 hours into 1 lol

I’m so annoyed I didn’t finish these games on release so I can enjoy 3 with everyone when it releases :( I left them unfinished which is just a waste of time overall.

Really enjoying getting back into 1 though! Now I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of the systems, and what each party member can do (I’ve only got up to Dunban). It’s also really chill just knocking off some side quests and such :)
You will always be able to play Xenoblade 3, I'd just play XC2 enjoy it and after jump to XC3 even if you don't 'make it' to XC3 release date . If you want a physical copy though I'd recommend buying day 1 even if it will stay in your backlog

Bought the game on sale Saturday and man, wish I bought it when it came out 2017. Gameplay is very fun so far.

But man I want a new switch because the game is looking blurry in handheld mode + the sharpening filler doesn’t help much either

got the expansion for 2 and going to start a new game+ later today. anything i need to keep in mind? tips/etc
Side quests in Torna are technically optional individually, but you'll have to do a lot of them to reach the requisite community levels to progress the story eventually.

So with 3 coming out and being seemingly such a big step up for the series... I'm debating dropping 1 and going straight to it :(

I've just met Riki at Frontier Village so it feels like I've got a long, long way to go with 1, and that's before both 2 and Torna take another 100+ hours to beat. So it's such a massive commitment, and I feel like I might burn out by the end of it all.

However, by playing the series I'll be able to appreciate the improved gameplay, graphics, etc between each, and be able to fully enjoy the stories as they are. I just won't be in the 'zeitgeist' of the game, where it's at its most popular.

What do you guys think? Sorry to ask this again so soon... but I'm so tempted lol

So with 3 coming out and being seemingly such a big step up for the series... I'm debating dropping 1 and going straight to it :(

I've just met Riki at Frontier Village so it feels like I've got a long, long way to go with 1, and that's before both 2 and Torna take another 100+ hours to beat. So it's such a massive commitment, and I feel like I might burn out by the end of it all.

However, by playing the series I'll be able to appreciate the improved gameplay, graphics, etc between each, and be able to fully enjoy the stories as they are. I just won't be in the 'zeitgeist' of the game, where it's at its most popular.

What do you guys think? Sorry to ask this again so soon... but I'm so tempted lol

If 3 is anything like 2 and 1, it will have a reveal moment where it pulls back the curtain for the player, to see the big picture the player party has no ability to see.

If you played 1 before 2, you already saw it coming. If you played 2 before 1, you also saw it coming in 1.

If 3 does this as well, there may very well be unique value in experiencing it first in xb3.

I won't be in the zeitgeist because I'm in the middle of a move, so I kinda get it. But I'm gonna be playing it when I get the chance to, and going slower than I usually do just due to time constraints, so.. I mean, I know you're talking about a totally different situation but I'd say to not worry so much about playing it at the same time as everyone else.

And from what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much), it does look like at least the setting of 3 will be a lot more satisfying if you go in with knowledge of 1 and 2. Lots of obviously shared bits that we aren't yet sure about the meaning/reasoning of.

Although yeah, burnout is a consideration, I get it. Not sure if this helps but there've been a couple times I've had big JRPG after big JRPG on my slate, and what I did was I found and played really short, simple indies in between them as sorta like a palette cleanser. 🤷‍♂️

I think you should play the one that you're most excited about. You never want to make playing videogames a chore. Like, let's say you keep playing XC1 but XC3 is on your mind constantly. Then you rush through XC1 and XC2 while not appreciating the lovely adventure in each. Then you may even be burnt out before XC3.

The good thing is that each game can stand on its own as an individual experience. Obviously, there are some things players of XC1 and XC2 will pick up on that those who haven't played won't notice. Also, the games aren't going anywhere. You could always come back to the previous titles or just play XC3 next year when all the DLC is out. At the end of the day games are meant to be enjoyed. So which do you want to enjoy most?

If 3 is anything like 2 and 1, it will have a reveal moment where it pulls back the curtain for the player, to see the big picture the player party has no ability to see.

If you played 1 before 2, you already saw it coming. If you played 2 before 1, you also saw it coming in 1.

If 3 does this as well, there may very well be unique value in experiencing it first in xb3.

I won't be in the zeitgeist because I'm in the middle of a move, so I kinda get it. But I'm gonna be playing it when I get the chance to, and going slower than I usually do just due to time constraints, so.. I mean, I know you're talking about a totally different situation but I'd say to not worry so much about playing it at the same time as everyone else.

And from what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much), it does look like at least the setting of 3 will be a lot more satisfying if you go in with knowledge of 1 and 2. Lots of obviously shared bits that we aren't yet sure about the meaning/reasoning of.

Although yeah, burnout is a consideration, I get it. Not sure if this helps but there've been a couple times I've had big JRPG after big JRPG on my slate, and what I did was I found and played really short, simple indies in between them as sorta like a palette cleanser. 🤷‍♂️

I think you should play the one that you're most excited about. You never want to make playing videogames a chore. Like, let's say you keep playing XC1 but XC3 is on your mind constantly. Then you rush through XC1 and XC2 while not appreciating the lovely adventure in each. Then you may even be burnt out before XC3.

The good thing is that each game can stand on its own as an individual experience. Obviously, there are some things players of XC1 and XC2 will pick up on that those who haven't played won't notice. Also, the games aren't going anywhere. You could always come back to the previous titles or just play XC3 next year when all the DLC is out. At the end of the day games are meant to be enjoyed. So which do you want to enjoy most?
Thank you for the replies, everyone!

I think my plan is to finish 1 + Future Connected, then play through 3. Frankly, now that I’ve thought about it 2 was the main problem here. It’s a massive commitment, it’s the worst-looking and worst-QoL game, and it’s got the most ‘anime’ elements. So I’ll play it one day, but maybe next year.

How does that sound? :)

for the record yeah you're probably only like a third of the way done with 1 or something like that at this point

as far as play order goes if you do plan on playing all of them I will note that I played 1 again around the end of last year/start of this one because I wanted to play future connected and the combat system changes in 2 made it hard for me to come back to it, i've yet to play the new one but seems like there could easily end up being a similar effect with this one as well on the previous games

I think my plan is to finish 1 + Future Connected, then play through 3. Frankly, now that I’ve thought about it 2 was the main problem here. It’s a massive commitment, it’s the worst-looking and worst-QoL game, and it’s got the most ‘anime’ elements. So I’ll play it one day, but maybe next year.

Sounds like you're in for a wild ride.

Just play what you wanna play!

for the record yeah you're probably only like a third of the way done with 1 or something like that at this point

as far as play order goes if you do plan on playing all of them I will note that I played 1 again around the end of last year/start of this one because I wanted to play future connected and the combat system changes in 2 made it hard for me to come back to it, i've yet to play the new one but seems like there could easily end up being a similar effect with this one as well on the previous games
Yeah, true. I know for sure it'd be rough going from 3, which is seemingly the sharpest of the trilogy, to 2, which has one of the lowest resolutions I've seen in a modern game.
Sounds like you're in for a wild ride.
Ha, yeah :D

I'm just going to save Melia from the 'Tomb' ceremony in the Upper Bionis. So a long way to go yet, it seems, but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Just play what you wanna play!
No :mad:

Nah but seriously, I think I'll just decide how I feel whenever. 2 is definitely not a game I particularly 'want' to play, especially with most of the major twists spoiled to me. So, I might go from 1 to 3. Either way, thanks for the help everyone!

Yeah, true. I know for sure it'd be rough going from 3, which is seemingly the sharpest of the trilogy, to 2, which has one of the lowest resolutions I've seen in a modern game.

Ha, yeah :D

I'm just going to save Melia from the 'Tomb' ceremony in the Upper Bionis. So a long way to go yet, it seems, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

No :mad:

Nah but seriously, I think I'll just decide how I feel whenever. 2 is definitely not a game I particularly 'want' to play, especially with most of the major twists spoiled to me. So, I might go from 1 to 3. Either way, thanks for the help everyone!

Well if the game is spoiled fornya, it's spoiled for ya.

But since you said mostly, I will personally say if (I'm going to post a name of an area with no context, or descriptions as a description would, well spoil it, if you've been spoiled on this part, you will already know the name) you have not been spoiled on Morytha, I personally think checking that out someday when you have time and a little desire, would be worth it.

Well if the game is spoiled fornya, it's spoiled for ya.

But since you said mostly, I will personally say if (I'm going to post a name of an area with no context, or descriptions as a description would, well spoil it, if you've been spoiled on this part, you will already know the name) you have not been spoiled on Morytha, I personally think checking that out someday when you have time and a little desire, would be worth it.
Yeah, for me I've mostly just been spoiled on some main character stuff from 1 and 2... mostly from Smash Bros :(

Metal Fiora
Metal Face is that dude from the Dunban prologue
That Nia and I think Malos are Blades
Rex's 'final form' thingy
That Pyra and Mythra become one at the end

And one thing from 3, which I obviously won't mention here.

So it's not like the entire plots have been spoiled to me. I still don't know 'what' goes on and how things happen.

Made some updates to the OP to correct some unnoticed errors (mainly regarding XC2 and XC1DE sales). I also added a proper subsection for Xenoblade 1 DE separate from the original game and added a new subsection for Xenoblade 3. Thanks to Reki once again for doing a lot of the graphical design work (and frankly a lot of the work period) and TheGreatLugia for alerting me to some of the errors.

Yeah, for me I've mostly just been spoiled on some main character stuff from 1 and 2... mostly from Smash Bros :(

Metal Fiora
Metal Face is that dude from the Dunban prologue
That Nia and I think Malos are Blades
Rex's 'final form' thingy
That Pyra and Mythra become one at the end

And one thing from 3, which I obviously won't mention here.

So it's not like the entire plots have been spoiled to me. I still don't know 'what' goes on and how things happen.

Ah, it's not as bad as I thought. These are all story spoilers, and some of them are.... Off. To clarify of course, would definitely be a spoiler.

Trying to find a word or phrase for it, these are.... Shallow spoilers? They are event to event story spoilers, pertaining to the individual story as it applies to the immediate characters. And not the 'Deep Spoilers', the linked behind the curtain that molds the factors that make those stories for every game.

So, for some reason, I decided to swim around the entire perimeter of the Eryth Sea in Xenoblade 1:

FZAf4pjUsAAg3pR

Took me about an hour in total. Was it worth it? No. But it sure looks cool.

I know I missed a bit in the South East, don't @ me

EDIT: Holy fucking shit lol

Only now do I find that the entire map opens up when you've visited all of the Locations

So, for some reason, I decided to swim around the entire perimeter of the Eryth Sea in Xenoblade 1
Wait for it....

Only now do I find that the entire map opens up when you've visited all of the Locations
There it is 🤣

Sorry dude I've just seen this happen so many times, and I love it every time. It's like a Xenoblade rite of passage.

So, for some reason, I decided to swim around the entire perimeter of the Eryth Sea in Xenoblade 1:

FZAf4pjUsAAg3pR

Took me about an hour in total. Was it worth it? No. But it sure looks cool.

I know I missed a bit in the South East, don't @ me

I did the same thing lol.

Just know that now you've been through a Xenoblade rite of passage lol. It happened to me too.

One thing I'm really appreciating with Xenoblade Chronicles: DE is that, even with relatively limited movement mechanics, every area 'feels' distinct from one another. They're not all just big open plains like the Bionis Leg.

In the past few days of playing I've gone from: a dense forest seperated by a massive river, to a tall, multi-layered village, to a massive open sea with teleporters, to a giant, incredibly-open futuristic city, to a steep and dense mountain. Not one area is the same as one another, and it's really great in that regards.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is one of the best video game experiences I've ever had
Agree. I'm accidentally 20 hours in and I'm barely at the start of chapter 3. I can't stop meandering and talking to people.

Also somehow it was only just today that I realized the shading has some sort of paintbrush effect on the edges, and the hair has almost a pastel texture to it. It's incredible how far they went to try and make this game look hand-drawn.

Also the eyes. My god, the eyes.

They announced a Mio Figure:

They are also finally making Xenoblade figmas as Mio is getting one as well.

Easiest day 1 purchase lol, I love these Xenoblade figures.

They announced a Mio Figure:

They are also finally making Xenoblade figmas as Mio is getting one as well.

Easiest day 1 purchase lol, I love these Xenoblade figures.

We’ll get a Noah figure after we get Shulk and Rex figures, I’m sure…which will be never. =/

I see Simu is also a fan of the OST. ❤️
9uPx8qr.png

this tweet was not actually about the XB OSTs, just to be clear I'm not trying to spread misinformation

I wouldn’t expect either figmas or figures of them, since Good Smile loves to ignore male characters, unfortunately.
Monolith would have to push for it if they want them made but it seems like Good Smile comes to Monolith instead

Quoted by: Tye
Monolith would have to push for it if they want them made but it seems like Good Smile comes to Monolith instead
I mean maybe it is MonolithSoft to blame, but it’s nothing exclusive to Xenoblade either so I kinda doubt that. The same is true for other franchises like Pokémon, Fire Emblem, etc. More often than not the male characters are passed up on in favor of female characters, and if we do get figures of male characters they usually come much later.

And like, I know why that’s the case, but it’s bullshit and I wish it’d stop. Kinda wild that we get figures of secondary or tertiary characters before getting ones of the main protagonists just because of their gender.

Back
Top Bottom