• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

Beat the main story in Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and making steady progress in Future Connected. I never got that far in the Wii version so it was great having it on the Switch and playing whenever I got some free time. Personally I still rank XC2 above the first, but they're both excellent and I can't wait to see what XC3 has in store.

hm... the story is going places

edit: honestly, these past 10 or so hours lowkey have been a big shit show. not sure i'm liking it as much as i enjoyed the first 50 or so hours of the game. the last two chapters have just been 2 hours of cutscenes and some 2 minute fights that don't even matter.

Last edited:
hm... the story is going places

edit: honestly, these past 10 or so hours lowkey have been a big shit show. not sure i'm liking it as much as i enjoyed the first 50 or so hours of the game. the last two chapters have just been 2 hours of cutscenes and some 2 minute fights that don't even matter.
You're at/past the Mechonis,, right? That spot got a bit dull for me, as well. But afterwards where the story really takes off. The lore dumps (and the way they're presented) get pretty intense, as I'm sure you're finding. It's worth sticking through!

back to enjoying the game. a ton of new quests have opened up all over the world.

edit: so now monsters have jumped up 15 to 20 levels, this is way too hard. i wonder if i should just finish the game in casual mode.

Last edited:
Ursula’s quest in Xeno 2. Does it pay off? Or is it just a waste of time?
Its a really long grind, so unless you specifically plan to use her or really like her character, then I'd recommend just dropping it.
back to enjoying the game. a ton of new quests have opened up all over the world.

edit: so now monsters have jumped up 15 to 20 levels, this is way too hard. i wonder if i should just finish the game in casual mode.
Part of the reason for that level jump is because of all those new quests. I imagine they expected the player to build up some exp through exploring and through them. That said, casual mode was a really good addition, so feel free to toggle it on if you'd like to focus the main story.

Endgame grinding too, I figured. Honestly, I just ran whenever the higher-level mobs would aggro me, until I got to a point where I was ready to start taking them on to level up. Do be aware you'll want to be around level 80 for the final boss, and there is still the great Xenoblade tradition of going back to the opening area to finally kick Rotbart's ass. 👀

Part of the reason for that level jump is because of all those new quests. I imagine they expected the player to build up some exp through exploring and through them. That said, casual mode was a really good addition, so feel free to toggle it on if you'd like to focus the main story.
Endgame grinding too, I figured. Honestly, I just ran whenever the higher-level mobs would aggro me, until I got to a point where I was ready to start taking them on to level up. Do be aware you'll want to be around level 80 for the final boss, and there is still the great Xenoblade tradition of going back to the opening area to finally kick Rotbart's ass. 👀
my favorite part of this game has been just spending hours doing side quests, so that's what i've been doing now that i'm using casual mode. i'm kinda keeping the story to finish when i'm done with everything else.

edit: the tyrea side quest was interesting. i don't think any other side quest had that that amount of cutscenes and VA.

Last edited:
the weird shit you find when googling

c8b.png

Most of the quests that become available at the end of the story are essentially meant to be postgame content. A lot of them involve enemies with a higher level than the final boss.

Finished Future Connected over the weekend and I enjoyed it. Definitely not looking forward to killing Nia and Melia in XC3 though. Before jumping into it I read several impressions that regarded it as a disappointment and I would understand that feeling if you went in expecting some big revelations that further connected XC and XC2, but it was the little things that hinted at what we would see in XC3.
The most obvious thing is Melia uniting the various races of Homs, High Entia, Machina, and Nopon under her rule. Shulk's blue power belt becoming standard-issue equipment for Keves soldiers. Some sidequests indicating romance between the races of the post-Bionis/Mechonis world which could explain why Lanz and Eunie are almost fully-grown despite being so young for a Machina and High Entia. Finally the improvements Shulk made to the Monado REX to fight the Fog King could prove to potentially be useful in fighting against the ether-based Blades of Alrest.

I spent three hours today fighting Sardis in Future Connected for fun and I am now wondering if they are perhaps the worst enemy type in the series.

Curious what other people think.

But a quick run down on the misery of fighting Sardis for specifically the Evelen quest. (And if you want to do it fast...)

So Sardis are mostly in places you gotta lure swim to. A bit annoying.

Then you start fighting. You then have the horror that is spacing for Sardis.

See, the Nopon of FC will not engage in combat if you start the fight in water.

The solution seems simple. But Sardis are never simple. Sardis will glitch out and stop fighting they are on land, usually after 5 seconds.

You gotta find the right spot to start fighting while also not being in a spot that has your Nopon party members stop fighting.

Then the fights themselves. They a move that dazes you. And a move that knocks you back.
And its ideal to fight as at once.

So they do those things. A lot.

The one benefit of the Sardis is they glitch out in the strangest ways and I still find ways they make me laugh.

But of all the XC archtypes I remember, they are the worst. (Not counting like UMs or bosses here)

This has been my Sardis rant. I both love and hate these chaotic fish.

Sardis will glitch out and stop fighting they are on land, usually after 5 seconds.
Yes!! I've noticed this! It's in both the Wii version and DE. I remember watching Chuggaaconroy's LP where he was talking about being scared of fighting the unique sardi in Colony 9 (Lake Magdelena) saying it always kills him, meanwhile I can't even get the damn fish to stay in fight me most the time. It always peaces out when I've barely scratched it.

got to the credits. that was a great ending, and gave a lot of context for 2. now to play future connected.

Oh this is really funny when it happens. DE/FC are rather buggy games, and stuff like this happens sometimes. It happens when you skip travel sometimes, every enemy in the map will deload. I've run around the whole Shoulder before and its so peaceful, especially plays that are usually really dangerous. I've played DC the most of any game in the series and I have seen many funny things.

Finally getting around to playing through XBDE. Currently in the Eryth Sea and somehow haven't burned out on the sidequesting yet, though I can see a point where I have my fill and start to beeline the story.

hm... not sure if i want to bother raising the affinity for the characters to see all the heart to hearts. using gifting i raised a lot of them, and now there's like 10 that are still locked.
same with finishing colony 6, not sure if i should bother 😕

hm... not sure if i want to bother raising the affinity for the characters to see all the heart to hearts. using gifting i raised a lot of them, and now there's like 10 that are still locked.
Getting max affinity with everyone is such a pain. You really have to optimize spreading out affinity through the whole playthrough - not something likely to happen on a first playthrough. Grinding affinity in the post-game is the worst.

If you do want to do it, there's a unique kromar named Stormy Belagon on Kromar Coast. He has a sleep spike. The recommended usual way people grind affinity in post game is to get 100% debuff resist on your player character and then keep waking up your two allies when they get hit with the sleep spike. I also recommend taking off all the arts from your allies so the fight lasts as long as possible. DE didn't add the tombstone feature so you have to run away before killing him to not deal with fishing for a respawn. I don't blame you if you just want to watch the last heart-to-hearts on youtube.

I can also give you some tips on completing everyone's skill trees if that interests you.

Last edited:
Getting max affinity with everyone is such a pain. You really have to optimize spreading out affinity through the whole playthrough - not something likely to happen on a first playthrough. Grinding affinity in the post-game is the worst.

If you do want to do it, there's a unique kromar named Stormy Belagon on Kromar Coast. He has a sleep spike. The recommended usual way people grind affinity in post game is to get 100% debuff resist on your player character and then keep waking up your two allies when they get hit with the sleep spike. I also recommend taking off all the arts from your allies so the fight lasts as long as possible. DE didn't add the tombstone feature so you have to run away before killing him to not deal with fishing for a respawn. I don't blame you if you just want to watch the last heart-to-hearts on youtube.

I can also give you some tips on completing everyone's skill trees if that interests you.
thanks for the advice. i'm nearly there so i might go for it, i haven't decided yet. i did do something kinda dumb tho cuz i gifted all items i had according to a table to who likes what most, and only after doing that did i realized i needed some of the items to build colony 6 back, and some of the items are pretty hard to get. but i guess i can get them with noponstones.
skill trees, i'm pretty much 100% for everyone. i think only one character still has one of their branches unlocked, but otherwise i'm pretty much done with all of them.

thanks for the advice. i'm nearly there so i might go for it, i haven't decided yet. i did do something kinda dumb tho cuz i gifted all items i had according to a table to who likes what most, and only after doing that did i realized i needed some of the items to build colony 6 back, and some of the items are pretty hard to get. but i guess i can get them with noponstones.
skill trees, i'm pretty much 100% for everyone. i think only one character still has one of their branches unlocked, but otherwise i'm pretty much done with all of them.
That's the exact reason I was terrified to give gifts on my first playthrough lol! The noponstones in DE help a lot though, still a bit of a grind. Reyn and Seven are the ones I always had trouble finishing the skill trees for because the fifth branch for both requires fighting level 90 stuff and then there's so little left to fight after. I never bothered on the wii version but DE made SP grinding fairly quick.

Yo I just rolled KOS-MOS on a new file, haven't even gotten to Uraya yet

This was in my run too lol.

I felt really bad because people were straight pulling cores for hours on end trying to get her, but I shelved her because I still can't stand her voice/intonation/inflection.....

I would finish with colony 6, as it physically changes the game environement, and unlocks a fair bit of other things, as well as makes collectibles from areas of no return available again, among other things. That stuffs a big deal to me.

I wouldn't fret too much about the heart to hearts, you can literally just read them online.

well, i'm sure nothing shady is going on with gael'gar...

I would finish with colony 6, as it physically changes the game environement, and unlocks a fair bit of other things, as well as makes collectibles from areas of no return available again, among other things. That stuffs a big deal to me.
how should i go about collecting the items needed? just grind noponstones and trade?

edit: so it seems like the best way to farm noponstones is to first beat future connected (which i'm playing now) and that unlocks a challenge in the main game.

Last edited:
well, i'm sure nothing shady is going on with gael'gar...

how should i go about collecting the items needed? just grind noponstones and trade?

edit: so it seems like the best way to farm noponstones is to first beat future connected (which i'm playing now) and that unlocks a challenge in the main game.

Ha ha. Im going to have to check out that challenge, I was unaware of future connected unlocking anything in the main game.

My knowledge is all from the original release, which I have long since memorized internally for completing colony 6, leaving me a bit absent minded when considering new players.

All the information you need is in colony 6. Juju will tell you where to find one needed item for a level, and an npc in colony 6 will tell you about where to find the other, if going that way is what you desire.

You can also just Google it and find the FAQ which will tell you where to find the collectables, as well what npc and where they are so you can trade for them. (Massive game, there is ZERO shame in doing this, especially if it keeps the game fun and engaging instead of frustrating)

I'm not familiar with nopon stones usage beyond one, I only beat the challenges to unlock the outfits and used noponstones for those, that's all I used them for.

If noponstones are super easy to get and expedites the process, yeah go that route. If they are not and you have to do considerable grinding for them, I would just use the normal older methods of grabbing in the field or trading noc's for acquiring most of the collectables, and saving the nopon stones for the dumb ones (the one I remember consistently being a pain is the black liver beans, I'd totally use noponstones on that).

Ha ha. Im going to have to check out that challenge, I was unaware of future connected unlocking anything in the main game.

My knowledge is all from the original release, which I have long since memorized internally for completing colony 6, leaving me a bit absent minded when considering new players.

All the information you need is in colony 6. Juju will tell you where to find one needed item for a level, and an npc in colony 6 will tell you about where to find the other, if going that way is what you desire.

You can also just Google it and find the FAQ which will tell you where to find the collectables, as well what npc and where they are so you can trade for them. (Massive game, there is ZERO shame in doing this, especially if it keeps the game fun and engaging instead of frustrating)

I'm not familiar with nopon stones usage beyond one, I only beat the challenges to unlock the outfits and used noponstones for those, that's all I used them for.

If noponstones are super easy to get and expedites the process, yeah go that route. If they are not and you have to do considerable grinding for them, I would just use the normal older methods of grabbing in the field or trading noc's for acquiring most of the collectables, and saving the nopon stones for the dumb ones (the one I remember consistently being a pain is the black liver beans, I'd totally use noponstones on that).
thanks for the tips 🙏

I finished my playthrough of XBCX on my Steam Deck. It took me 180hrs to see the credits roll; but I was taking my time. I only decided to play the final chapter once I couldn’t do any more affinity missions.

I still can’t tell if I love or hate this game. I just had so many pain points. (Why do I need to hunt down my team members to change my team? Why even have teammates if they all just choose to die to bosses? Why can’t I sort items? Why can’t I sell more than one inventory item at a time? Why mix unique visual armor with common drop armor. Why even have an inventory limit if managing it is a pain?)

The systems like Overdrive also require a YouTube walkthrough to even understand its usefulness. It took me 70hrs to realize that 3000TP was better spent on activating and running a Full Metal Jaguar Infinite Overdrive build then just reviving my teammates. Enel’s video should just be built into the game.

The game story also doesn’t feel very Xeno-ish until the
final chapter then it just leaves you hanging with the mystery of what the planet of Mira actually is.

For all those negative points, it doesn’t bring down the experience and fun of exploring Mira. Exploring ever corner of Mira is just fantastic. If this game ever received a remaster, I’m sure they would clear up a lot of the aggravations I’ve had.

Walking around and completing all the side quests given by the inhabinants of New Los Angeles was the highlight of the game outside of exploring the world of Mira. Many of the side plot points felt more interesting then the stories of XBC1 and 2. Especially the team members’ stories and interactions; with Tatsu being the best Nopon companion. Elma was robbed; she should have had a spot in Smash Bros.

I‘m really hoping some of the races from Mira make an appearance XBC3.

Last edited:
I got KOS-MOS but I used the cloud save manipulation trick. No guilt, no shame, no remorse. I did it while watching TV and it took about an hour.
I'm now working on her affinity because I got her late. I was already at chapter 8 so she is way behind.

Beat XC1 and FC though I did end up having to use casual mode to push through. I don't remember XC2 having such weird and frustrating difficulty spikes although it has been years since I played it.

That just leaves Torna before XC3, though I'm not sure I'll get around to it.

I have learned one of the strangest mechanics of XC1.

So there is the penalty for fighting underleveled. Physical attacks are always -50% damage. But if its 6 levels lower and not 7, ether attacks, and only ether attacks, get only a -25% damage debuff instead.

Why? I have no idea.

This has been an "Alexis learns the mechanics" post.

I have learned one of the strangest mechanics of XC1.

So there is the penalty for fighting underleveled. Physical attacks are always -50% damage. But if its 6 levels lower and not 7, ether attacks, and only ether attacks, get only a -25% damage debuff instead.

Why? I have no idea.

This has been an "Alexis learns the mechanics" post.
A number of other stats go down as well at 6+ levels lower. Your accuracy, evade chance, and block rate continue to get more debuffs up to 10 levels lowers. There's also the mostly invisible stat of ether accuracy (if an ether attack misses it will show 'resist' like a status effect - this pretty much only happens with high level enemies) which continues to get debuffed up to 10 levels lower.

The wiki page for level has all the details:

The 25% ether damage debuff actually starts at enemies being 4 levels higher (yellow nametag territory). If an enemy is 7+ levels higher, ether damage dealt is further reduced to 50% less.

Despite Xenoblade 1 being my favorite in the series and my favorite combat, I never cared for or understood the whole debuffing your stats at all when fighting high level enemies. Higher level enemies already have higher stats, what's the point of artificially adding more on top of that? X doing away with it was great, then 2 brought it back but made it not so drastic. Wonder what 3 will do.

Last edited:
That just leaves Torna before XC3, though I'm not sure I'll get around to it.
Thatwould be a shame, since in my opinion Torna is by far the best Xenoblade experience on the Switch. It's absolutely sublime.

Thatwould be a shame, since in my opinion Torna is by far the best Xenoblade experience on the Switch. It's absolutely sublime.
Oh I'll do it at some point, it'll probably just be after XB3 now. Just want to avoid the risk of burning out on XB before 3 releases.

Damn, Bringer of Chaos is impossible. Elder Arachno (the Arachno boss fight following directly after the Topple Armu in Uraya) is a straight up wall.

It’s so cool to see the musicians who’ve worked on the Xenoblade series show there love for the games and their OSTs. It’s clear that tons of care and passion has been given to this music!

Sometimes, got any ideas?

Edit: oh, yeah. Go! Great Star bops 2 potions, Gathering Sparks increases damage per potion picked up, and Go! Shooting Star heals based on damage. Gonna try that.
Yea, and Crossette's damage is insane when you start gathering potions. That passive skill boosts damage up to 500% by gathering potions. The DLC speedrun banks on this. Bitballs also don't get blocked similar to ether cannons so that's a nice way to deal with the arachno's high block rate and that cocoon move.

I looked it up to refresh me on the fight if you're still struggling. Wulfric's moves are frontal cones so make sure your party's spreading out if you are getting hit by those. If don't have the aggro, get behind the arachno and wulfric. If you do have the aggro, make sure not to stand by your allies so they can at least survive.

Queen's Bomb is the worst. You're getting targeted by that no matter where you stand. A level 4 special or level 3 as a blade combo finisher can help you avoid as always if you can time them well but that's tricky. If you're using Corvin, he has that evade art (at least on Rex, not sure about Nia) which is a way more reliable way to deal with Queen's Bomb and wulfric's specials. And of course Corvin's level 2 special clears the arachno's rage status when its HP goes under half.

If you're not getting anywhere controlling the driver with Crossette (which would preferably be Nia), try controlling Corvin instead (preferably on Rex).

Yea, and Crossette's damage is insane when you start gathering potions. That passive skill boosts damage up to 500% by gathering potions. The DLC speedrun banks on this. Bitballs also don't get blocked similar to ether cannons so that's a nice way to deal with the arachno's high block rate and that cocoon move.

I looked it up to refresh me on the fight if you're still struggling. Wulfric's moves are frontal cones so make sure your party's spreading out if you are getting hit by those. If don't have the aggro, get behind the arachno and wulfric. If you do have the aggro, make sure not to stand by your allies so they can at least survive.

Queen's Bomb is the worst. You're getting targeted by that no matter where you stand. A level 4 special or level 3 as a blade combo finisher can help you avoid as always if you can time them well but that's tricky. If you're using Corvin, he has that evade art (at least on Rex, not sure about Nia) which is a way more reliable way to deal with Queen's Bomb and wulfric's specials. And of course Corvin's level 2 special clears the arachno's rage status when its HP goes under half.

If you're not getting anywhere controlling the driver with Crossette (which would preferably be Nia), try controlling Corvin instead (preferably on Rex).

Hell yeah, thanks for looking into that. After I wrote my previous response, I pumped up Crossette's affinity nodes a bit and spent a few more frustrating tries on the fight until I was eventually successful.

Queen Bomb and Wulfric's hyper beam were my attempt killers, so I focused on avoiding those as much as possible. I gave everyone Blowdown Reasist as well, since I wasn't sealing Blowdown now that I was using Nia with Crossette (before she was using Adenine's level 3 wind to seal Blowdown).

The fight was really frustrating, but once I found the rhythm (switching to Dromarch actually resulted in me popping off all my arts quicker, whoch got me using Crossette's level 2 special faster), I knew I was going to win halfway through the fight.

Back
Top Bottom