• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Xbox: It was an honour to be included in one of the biggest game collaborations ever. Thank you Sakurai

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him

Man, tweets like this really go on to emphasize just how monumentally and staggering of a big achievement Super Smash Bros. Ultimate really was, don't they? In some way or the other, the game ended up reaching almost all corners of the games industry. Yes, there are many areas where it could have been better, but after 89 characters, it was a hugely expansive effort that is representative of a surprising part of video gaming in one package.

Cant argue that sentiment. Fortnite is the only other series that thrives on this kind of crossover potential but unlike Smash it’s not geared at the audience for anything other than talking in the cash. Xbox is on the money here

Really, it's almost the end of an era, Sora Ltd and Nintendo have achieved something that seemed impossible not long ago.

Not only that, but there's such attention to detail on every character that even the individual price feels like a bargain.

My only complaint as a player is that it lacked indie representation in the main roster, having Shovel Knight or Shantae as main fighters would have been amazing, but that's my personal pet peeve.

For those who didn't make it to the main roster, the mii costumes did a really good job too. I got hyped enough to get a lot of these, they're like cute little trinkets, and i love them.

I'm not disappointed by the lack of Chief at all. You've gotta save some for the Switch 2 port of the game (it's gonna be a port, you know it).

All I need now is for Nintendo to announce a special edition physical cart with all of the base content + DLC together.
That probably will never happen sadly. That would mean Nintendo would need to negotiate again with all involved companies to get the licenses for the characters to use on a physical cart instead of DLC.

Back
Top Bottom