• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Would you like Game And Watch SNES/Advance versions?

fourfourfun

Moblin
I feel like this would be a universal YES moment here, but having a little compact title specific Game And Watch for the SNES would be amazing! Even moreso if some Advance titles got thrown in.

I've got my two kids the Mario and Zelda NES ones, but I don't have the attachment to that platform as I do with the SNES.

Zelda with LTTP, Four Swords and Minish Cap.

Mario with World, Yoshi's Island.

Kart with Classic, Advance. Why not throw a couple of FZeros in there to make it a racing package!

I’m not interested in devices for individual games or series. What I want is a GBA Classic.

It depends.

If a G&W release was the ONLY way to get some games released, like how apparently Capcom's Marvel arcade games are only on 1up's arcade standups at the moment because of a "special arrangement"? Sure.

But beyond some really unique third party releases, I couldn't see what would warrant such a thing. And I'd probably just it all on my Switch, instead.

I just wish that Switch Online were a rental/purchase service. You want to pay the yearly fee and just play? Cool. You want to slip us 8.99 for Link to the Past? Or Golden Sun? Or Wario Land 4? We do that, too.

I would absolutely be down for G&W SNES collections!

I would do bad things for a Game & Watch Classic which had all the Game & Watch games on it or alternatively a faithful collection on Switch.

The GB games, while great, aren’t quite as faithful as I would want them to be. The DS versions are what I’m dreaming of!

No. SNES and GBA are the weakest Nintendo console and handheld. Would love a game and watch with launch NES games though.

Excitebike
Urban Champion
Clu Clu Land

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Donkey Kong 3
Mario Bros

Game & Watch Gallery 1-4 on an actual Game & Watch unit would be great. Rework the Classic modes on those games to be more faithful to the originals since you're not limited to Game Boy hardware limitations and you're set. Of course, Nintendo would probably separate them so that each Game & Watch Gallery game would be its own unit instead of the whole series together, but it would still be cool.

No, because it wouldn’t be a Game & Watch at that point due to the additional face buttons and introduction of shoulder buttons.

I think most G&W games topped out at a d-pad and maybe two face buttons at most.

Back
Top Bottom