• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

Spoiler Will the ending of Somnium Files nirvanA Initiative be able to match the first game's?

Will the ending of Somnium Files nirvanA Initiative be able to match the first game's?

• Yes, somehow it's going to be even better

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No, the first game's ending was just too perfect to be matched

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Kitty Paws

Cappy
Pronouns
They/Them
AI: The Somnium Files' true ending is one of the most rewarding I have ever experienced. So much that I find myself wishing more games ended that way. The game was already good but the ending pushed it to greatness.

However, that might be a problem. How can the sequel ever hope to match that kind of perfection? Whatever the ending is going to be, if it does indeed manage to be as great - or, heaven forbid, even better - as the first one, then we're in for one hell of a treat.

SirArthur

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
I trust is gonna be great. The premise for the sequel can led to some interesting twist. Fingers cross they nail it.

Irene

Game Builder Garage fangirl
Pronouns
She/Her
If it does, nirvanA will be a SERIOUS goty contender.

I have hope!

Maronic03

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
If I don't get a massive case of second-hand embarassment it'll be an improvement.

I don't hate the idea of a dancing number, but I really dislike the song in question, so the whole section was ruined for me.

OP
OP
Kitty Paws

Kitty Paws

Cappy
Pronouns
They/Them
If I don't get a massive case of second-hand embarassment it'll be an improvement.

I don't hate the idea of a dancing number, but I really dislike the song in question, so the whole section was ruined for me.
I'm pretty sure the song was cringe on purpose.

I hope it's not the same, but something fun still.

I did enjoy it and I especially enjoyed watching my friend get the ending. He wasn't as into the song as he would skip it every time it showed up in the game, but the ending couldn't be skipped. lmao

MarcelRguez

Write me an endless song
Pronouns
They/Them
It's a tough act to follow, that's for sure. Leaning towards 'no', especially if they're planning to make this a trilogy.

AllEchse

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
He/Him
It's a tough act to follow, that's for sure. Leaning towards 'no', especially if they're planning to make this a trilogy.
I hope this trilogy will come to a better ending than Zero Escape then.
Cause man was Zero Time Dilemma disappointing in the Story department, especially after the first two games.
Atleast it didn't fail gameplaywise.
But man was AI a breath of fresh air after that.

MarcelRguez

Write me an endless song
Pronouns
They/Them
I hope this trilogy will come to a better ending than Zero Escape then.
Cause man was Zero Time Dilemma disappointing in the Story department, especially after the first two games.
Atleast it didn't fail gameplaywise.
But man was AI a breath of fresh air after that.
ZTD was so bad it'd be genuinely difficult to replicate it, so I'm not too worried.

Besides, I get the feeling that AI isn't as interested in setting up mysteries to be solved in the sequel compared to Zero Escape. I don't recall much sequel-baiting at all in AI, but it's been a while. Even 999 set up some mysteries that would become more prominent in VLR. It's hard to compare both series' trajectories without having played Nirvana Initiative yet, but, despite loving VLR, I hope it's more focused on character writing than in trying to build up mysteries across various games.

Pringles

Feel My Rhythm
I don’t remember the first game’s ending being all that special. It was well done but that’s it.

Top Bottom