• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Will Mainline Persona Ever Come To Switch? Update: Yes! It’s Time To Make History!

Will Mainline Persona Come To Switch?

• Yes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pleasure was mine. Now, any idea for a follow-up thread? ;)
I actually kicked around both Yakuza and Mother 3 soon after I first posted this one, but I told myself I’d never make either until this one was successful if it ever was. I’ll need to choose one soon lol.

Very smart of me to doom post but never actually vote in the poll so that I can always be on the winning side. So very Italian of me, my ancestors would be proud.

Welp, eating crow big time on this one.

I bought 5R on sale a while ago but never played it. I guess I’m buying it again because I’m probably only playing it once (having already played vanilla 5) and if I’m ever gonna play it, it’s definitely on Switch.

This and the Battle Network collection are by far my favorite announcements.

Very smart of me to doom post but never actually vote in the poll so that I can always be on the winning side. So very Italian of me, my ancestors would be proud.

Never voted in the poll either. Wanted Persona on Switch almost more than anything, but didn't trust Atlus to do it and doomposted. I was playing both sides so I always come out on top.

Poll should be locked also any votes from today need to be reverted/deleted.

What a coward move to change your vote/vote now.

Finally, the argument over Persona on Switch can end, people can play the bloody games and we can move on :D
Speak for yourself. I'm going to maintain the rage. No time to play games.

Also everyone who waited to vote until today deserves get some sort of permanent tag under their avatar and have all their famigold confiscated smh 😤

Turns out I was one of the only people on the first page who believed it would happen. I'd like to savor this moment.

The Poll-Gawds have answered!

It is possible someone here on this very board filled out "the poll that broke the camel's back" and finally convinced Atlus to bring Persona over.
Thank you very much to that person, and all the pollsters that came before them.

I still wish we were getting a souped up version of Fes rather than Portable but I'll take it anyways since I still have my copy of Fes.

Also, this just makes the lack of Soul Hackers 2 all the more odd

Keeping this thread alive for a second longer.

Here comes the dancing games.

Sounds more Swiss to me :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

Seriously. Like, now it's even odd for Atlus standards, and we know that those aren't great to begin with

Late port for SH2 seems even more likely to me now, as long as it doesn't end up being a mega flop

Seriously. Like, now it's even odd for Atlus standards, and we know that those aren't great to begin with

Late port for SH2 seems even more likely to me now, as long as it doesn't end up being a mega flop
Now with Persona coming to all relevant platforms I feel bad for the SH2 team. Having the Persona series announced for the XBox and PC most likely put a damper on any excitement for SH2 and while the game isn't coming to the Switch I wouldn't be surprised if Xenoblade Chronicles 3 took away some of the attention they might have gotten from that crowd with this recent announcement finally killing any interest completely.

Now with Persona coming to all relevant platforms I feel bad for the SH2 team. Having the Persona series announced for the XBox and PC most likely put a damper on any excitement for SH2 and while the game isn't coming to the Switch I wouldn't be surprised if Xenoblade Chronicles 3 took away some of the attention they might have gotten from that crowd with this recent announcement finally killing any interest completely.
I'm kinda of the opinion that there's another shoe to drop here regarding SH2 but we'll see. Late port honestly might be preferable too given how Atlus loves to cosmetic/music DLC the loving hell out of their RPGs these days.

I'm kinda of the opinion that there's another shoe to drop here regarding SH2 but we'll see. Late port honestly might be preferable too given how Atlus loves to cosmetic/music DLC the loving hell out of their RPGs these days.
I've got way more games than I have time to play, I wouldn't mind one bit getting Soul Hackers 2 Complete on Switch sometime in the second half of 2023.

With P5R coming to Switch, I finally bought Persona 5 Strikers. Can't wait to play these games.

On a different note...didn't Atlus express how they wanted to make Soul Hackers one of their major IPs/tentpole on a similar level to SMT and Persona? That is definitely not happening now since everyone is focusing on Persona ports and Xenoblade taking all the attention in July/August 😬.

For me, the Soul Hackers 2 and Persona situations are entirely different. With Persona, you had complete radio silence from Atlus regarding a port, despite the fact that Joker was added to Smash, there was a Joker costume added to TMS, and Persona 5 Strikers launched on Switch. I think it was reasonable to interpret the silence as a desire to avoid bad news or disappointment.

With Soul Hackers 2, I'm pretty sure they said flat out in the introductory stream "we couldn't get it running on Switch." In other words, there was an internal desire the put the game on the Switch, but they couldn't make it run well. If the Switch's successor makes a port easier, I think we'll definitely see it.

For me, the Soul Hackers 2 and Persona situations are entirely different. With Persona, you had complete radio silence from Atlus regarding a port, despite the fact that Joker was added to Smash, there was a Joker costume added to TMS, and Persona 5 Strikers launched on Switch. I think it was reasonable to interpret the silence as a desire to avoid bad news or disappointment.

With Soul Hackers 2, I'm pretty sure they said flat out in the introductory stream "we couldn't get it running on Switch." In other words, there was an internal desire the put the game on the Switch, but they couldn't make it run well. If the Switch's successor makes a port easier, I think we'll definitely see it.
I distinctly remember that statement spreading around like wildfire around the time it was announced but it didn't end up being true. Plus I'd be genuinely surprised if they couldn't, considering that SH2 looks in line with the likes of P5 and SMT V

I distinctly remember that statement spreading around like wildfire around the time it was announced but it didn't end up being true. Plus I'd be genuinely surprised if they couldn't, considering that SH2 looks in line with the likes of P5 and SMT V
SMT V looks a lot better than SH2, SH2 re-uses a lot of P5/SMTV assets and it runs in an engine already ported to the Switch, it's one of multiple games with no explantion for no Switch SKU day 1 other than JP dev doing JP dev things.

SMT V looks a lot better than SH2, SH2 re-uses a lot of P5/SMTV assets and it runs in an engine already ported to the Switch, it's one of multiple games with no explantion for no Switch SKU day 1 other than JP dev doing JP dev things.
Yeah I wanted to be generous to SH2 but, honestly, it straight up just reminded me of PS4 remasters of PS3 games. It's not exactly an impressive looking game

I could definitely see a late port of SH2 with TMS costumes and music exclusive to the Switch.
None of the developers said that; that was just some nonsense console warriors tried to spread online so they could talk over those who wanted SH2 on the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom