• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console Essential Purchases and Discussion Thread - (Update: Wii U /3DS eShops Officially Closed)

What was your favorite Wii U/3DS Virtual Console Moment?

• Total voters
DSiWare Games
  • DSi_Ware_Logo.svg

Thought I would add some DSiWare games since most of those are on 3DS. There were a lot of these, so I’ll just put some of my favorites. Leaving things off like Shantae, Cave Story, and Mighty Flip Champs, since those are available elsewhere. People fee free to add their favorites to the thread.

These games can only be played when they are stored on the internal system memory, so this means there aren’t a ton of games from this service that you can keep on the system. It can be moved to and from the SD card though, just has to launch from the internal memory.

With that out of the way, some games:

X-Scape/3D Space Tank (Q Games)
    This is a sequel to the Japan only Game Boy game “X”, which was sort of the test case for Star Fox. There are two types of gameplay: and on rails tunnel section and a free roam planet section. I would say the controls are kind of like Kid Icarus Uprising, where the stylus controls the movement. It has a vector-like graphical style with bold colors. Might not be for everyone, but an interesting game and something we don’t get a lot of.

Art Style games (skip Ltd)
    With skip seemingly dead (or at least in diapause), we probably won’t get games like these again. I liked Pictobits the best. It’s a falling block game that has you carving out 8-but Nintendo characters. Boxlife is another great game where you’re basically cutting out boxes in a factory. There were a few others release, but these two were my favorite.

Dark Void Zero (Capcom)
    This was released with Dark Void, which was a bad character action game. This was sort of a Mighty Gunvolt/Mighty No 9 situation where the tie in game was better than the main one (probably try for Bloodstained as well). It’s a fun run and gun style game that came out before indies of this type were super accessible on Nintendo consoles.

Dragon Quest Wars (Square Enix)
    This is basically DQ chess. I don’t think there is much replay value now because the online components no longer work for DS games (I think this is true but correct me if I’m wrong). It was developed by Intelligent Systems, so the strategy elements are top notch. Would be good for DQ fans that want to flesh out their library of spin off games.

Starship Defense (Q Games)
    Tower Defense games largely moved to mobile, but the stylus interface works great with this. Think of it as space battles on graph paper.

Photo Dojo (Nintendo)
    I’m not going to say this is that great, but it’s unlikely a game like this is getting made again. Basically you take pictures of yourself or other things and then fight them. In a way a proto-Face Raiders without the AR elements. It’s also pretty cheap if I remember correctly.

A Kappa’s Tale (Nintendo)
    I would consider this similar to the DS Zelda games. You control it with the stylus and move the character through dungeons. It was worked on by the Mother 3 Developers so has a very Earthbound feel to it.

Back
    Top Bottom