• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console Essential Purchases and Discussion Thread - (Update: Wii U /3DS eShops Officially Closed)

What was your favorite Wii U/3DS Virtual Console Moment?

• Total voters
I really wish nintendo was better about making their classic library availible. Is there someone hear who gets why they drip feed, and in the worst case scenario, straight up refuse to release their classics? Of course i dont mean to sound entitled, nintendo doesn’t have to do anything. But as a long time fan i am frustrated. I dont get why nintendo wont allow us to buy their classic titles on modern hardware.

I really wish nintendo was better about making their classic library availible. Is there someone hear who gets why they drip feed, and in the worst case scenario, straight up refuse to release their classics? Of course i dont mean to sound entitled, nintendo doesn’t have to do anything. But as a long time fan i am frustrated. I dont get why nintendo wont allow us to buy their classic titles on modern hardware.
I've always assumed they're Disney Vaulting. They've always wanted to be Disney, and they're getting there - they even have the theme park!

New on this board as I was wondering how other long-term Nintendo fans feel about this announcement. Fantastic overview in the OP, thank you!

I'm also slowly digesting the sad news of the shops closing bit by bit. At first you have a bit of FOMO but then you narrow down your list of games and start to set sensible priorities. I hate that I have to do this, because I'm somewhat of a patient gamer and would have loved continued access to these libraries, but I don't want to have any regrets later. So:

• I think I'll settle for games that feel unique due to the 3D, Touchscreen or the Gamepad input (Pullblox/Pushmo games, Big Brain Academy, Picross series, perhaps one or two Kirby games like Canvas Curse, 3D classics by SEGA and Nintendo, Affordable Space Adventures).
  • I'll pass on stuff available on NSO or where I expect to see Switch versions at some point, e.g. missing Zelda home console games, GB/GBA in NSO. I'd prefer to own these titles over a subscription but what can you do.
  • I'll buy a few of the Nintendo first-party games that so far have been stuck on old hardware and where I'm not convinced we'll see them again (Starfox Zero, Super Mario RPG, and weirdly, Super Mario Galaxy 2 [I have a disc though], maybe stuff like Startropics).
  • I'll go for a selected number of thirds, mainly on 3DS and from Square-Enix, ATLUS and Level-5 (Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei games, Dragon Quest VII, VIII, FF Tactics, Attack of the Friday Monsters, Crimson Shroud) and Zak & Wiki on Wii U (Capcom). This is the pricy bit :/
  • I'll get a few Pokémon games to preserve the original versions playable on 3DS for the forseeable future. I have those games but can't use a Gameboy anymore. I'm not sure if NSO will ever get them.
  • I'll get a few handheld Zeldas I never played, especially Oracle of Ages & Seasons. Not getting the DS Zelda's, I never liked Phantom Hourglass. Same as above regarding NSO.
  • Gotta finally thoroughly try out Metroid to see if I want to get more of the BC catalogue on time.
  • I'll pass on series with semi-vague interest (a lot of Fire Emblem, Kirby, Etrian Odyssey and Monster Hunter games where I'll play newer entries at best anyway).
  • Still unsure about some Mario & Luigi RPGs, Wario games or some bigger non-NSO titles like Kirby 64, Donkey Kong 64. I liked those series but never got around to play the entries all.
  • Subject to change.

Got all of my last 3DS and Wii U games downloaded except Attack of the Friday Monsters, which I’ll get later tonight. I had an issue with prepaid cards, but Nintendo Support was very helpful and quickly resolved it. I did download the Donkey Land games and played 8 levels last night of the first one. Such a weird, cool thing seeing this demake with all new levels and wacky changes like the rips in reality for checkpoints and the Kong Barrels exploding. If you liked the equally weird original Mario Land, definitely try these out at $4 a pop. Thanks everyone again for all of the recomendations here and in the news thread.

Only thing I’m still unsure of is if I want to get DLC for a few games I haven’t played yet (namely the Fire Emblems, I have Revelations), so I’ll make playing any game with DLC a priority for this year.

Got all of my last 3DS and Wii U games downloaded except Attack of the Friday Monsters, which I’ll get later tonight. I had an issue with prepaid cards, but Nintendo Support was very helpful and quickly resolved it. I did download the Donkey Land games and played 8 levels last night of the first one. Such a weird, cool thing seeing this demake with all new levels and wacky changes like the rips in reality for checkpoints and the Kong Barrels exploding. If you liked the equally weird original Mario Land, definitely try these out at $4 a pop. Thanks everyone again for all of the recomendations here and in the news thread.

Only thing I’m still unsure of is if I want to get DLC for a few games I haven’t played yet (namely the Fire Emblems, I have Revelations), so I’ll make playing any game with DLC a priority for this year.
Nice. I will try at some point to make a DLC list but want to try and take images so people know exactly how to get those. Of course can only do that with games I have, but still might be helpful. I’ll just link to other websites after that for thing so don’t have (and also don’t want to write out every Fire Emblem DLC or Theartrhythm song).

Nice. I will try at some point to make a DLC list but want to try and take images so people know exactly how to get those. Of course can only do that with games I have, but still might be helpful. I’ll just link to other websites after that for thing so don’t have (and also don’t want to write out every Fire Emblem DLC or Theartrhythm song).
Yeah I think compiling games with DLC (rather than an extensive breakdown) is the way to go and if you have to play an amount to unlock an in-game DLC store. There aren’t that many games with DLC thankfully. I think for unique stuff it’s mainly Fire Emblem (The Revelations campaign is the biggest, but each game has map packs and characters) and the free Xenoblade X update packs for Nintendo (other DLC like Luigi U is accounted for on Switch) and I know beyond Theatrhythm some Atlus games have them (I think SMTIV and maybe Etrian Odyssey?)

Yeah I think compiling games with DLC (rather than an extensive breakdown) is the way to go and if you have to play an amount to unlock an in-game DLC store. There aren’t that many games with DLC thankfully. I think for unique stuff it’s mainly Fire Emblem (The Revelations campaign is the biggest, but each game has map packs and characters) and the free Xenoblade X update packs for Nintendo (other DLC like Luigi U is accounted for on Switch) and I know beyond Theatrhythm some Atlus games have them (I think SMTIV and maybe Etrian Odyssey?)
Yeah. I’m more concerned with how to log the “free-to-start” games like Stretchmo (and whatever it was called in Europe). Things like that have certain things to unlock and don’t want people stuck with just the paltry initial offerings

Last edited:
Yeah. Immmofe concerned with how to log the “free-to-start” games like Stretchmo (and whatever it was called in Europe). Things like that have certain things to unlock and don’t want people stuck with just the paltry initial offerings
I forgot about Stretchmo, I’d list with DLC games with a note saying it’s basically just a demo otherwise. I personally felt satisfied after Pushmo and Pushmo World on Switch so I never bought in.

I've always assumed they're Disney Vaulting. They've always wanted to be Disney, and they're getting there - they even have the theme park!

Disney vaulting at a time where even the Disney vault no longer exists and essentially the entire Disney back catalogue barring a few legal issue related titles are streamable online sure would be a Nintendo timed move.

Is Metroid II worth getting since we have Samus Returns?
Personally I like Metroid II a lot, but I grew up with it and like retro games. Having both versions is important to me. I played through all four mainline games and the two remakes prior to Dread last year and still had a lot of fun with Metroid II. It feels good to control, but the screen is small. My only recommendation is have a map handy to consult because there is none in game. It’s ultimately a very different game than Samus Returns despite sharing a general structure. The power up progression is different.

I'm pretty sure that starting Etrian Odyssey II Untold, all the Atlus games on 3DS have in-game DLC. II Untold and SMTIV: Apocalypse have the most of consequence. The rest I think are some XP and Money Quests and a bunch of costume DLC.
Other games with notable DLC I believe are the Phoenix Wright games (one DLC case each plus some costume DLC), the Story of Seasons games and Senran Kagura 2 (3 DLC packs plus a character)

I forgot New Super Mario Bros 2 has DLC levels. It was for a specific mode. Coin Rush iirc? Never got it.

My favorite DLC on 3DS is definitely Mario Golf World Tour since it added six new courses and the extra Ace Attorney cases for Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that starting Etrian Odyssey II Untold, all the Atlus games on 3DS have in-game DLC. II Untold and SMTIV: Apocalypse have the most of consequence. The rest I think are some XP and Money Quests and a bunch of costume DLC.
Other games with notable DLC I believe are the Phoenix Wright games (one DLC case each plus some costume DLC), the Story of Seasons games and Senran Kagura 2 (3 DLC packs plus a character)
The best Etrian Odyssey DLC is for 5, which is the FM soundtrack. Most of the other stuff was quests that broke the game and insane things like portraits for Nexus
I forgot New Super Mario Bros 2 has DLC levels. It was for a specific mode. Coin Rush iirc? Never got it.

My favorite DLC on 3DS is definitely Mario Golf World Tour since it added six new courses and the extra Ace Attorney cases for Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.
Totally forgot about NSMB2. That had a lot of packs. Never got them myself as reviews were mixed, but they did make quite a few. Remembered the Mario Golf Season Pass, which is basically the N64 game with updated graphics. I probably should start working on a list for that stuff.

Disney vaulting at a time where even the Disney vault no longer exists and essentially the entire Disney back catalogue barring a few legal issue related titles are streamable online sure would be a Nintendo timed move.
Totally. I should have specified Ye Olde Control Freak Disney.

honestly this is shameful for nintendo to do to the 3ds. wii u, ok i semi-get it, the thing was a failure and hasn't really been a focus for nearly 6 years now. ok. (btw i still hate it for the wii u, its just easier to swallow.)

but for 3ds?

are they mad?

i don't even think its most recent games are barely 3 years old yet. the thing sold nearly 100 million units.

they really should be bullied for this move. this sucks ass.

i am glad people are putting the time and resources into providing whats worth getting before it closes, this is a great community, but honestly this sucks ass all around.

Great thread.

I recommend "Sadame" a 2D action RPG for the 3DS. I've been aiming to get this since forever now , now with the store closing i will pull the trigger shortly. I've havent play it but the pixelart and gameplay alone has me interested

Store link:

Got some titles for my 3ds: Pokémon Crystal, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, Donkey Kong (GB), X-Scape (the developers Q-Games have some other DSiWare games but this one grabbed my attention the most)

Somewhat hyped about Crystal as apparently there's 16 gyms

Earlier this week I got Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Paper Mario, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I’m still thinking about getting New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wario Land: Shake It! and Kirby: Return to Dreamland, and that’ll be it for Wii games. Then there’s only a few N64 titles that I have to decide if they’re likely to come to NSO or not (Excitebike 64, Wave Race, 1080, Donkey Kong 64). And finally, Super Mario Advance 4 and New Super Mario Bros DS will probably mark the end of my Wii U splurge.

Last year I already spent a boatload of money on GB and GBC games for 3DS, so I’m set for that system.

Will I ever play these games? Probably not! FOMO in full effect!

Earlier this week I got Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Paper Mario, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I’m still thinking about getting New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wario Land: Shake It! and Kirby: Return to Dreamland, and that’ll be it for Wii games. Then there’s only a few N64 titles that I have to decide if they’re likely to come to NSO or not (Excitebike 64, Wave Race, 1080, Donkey Kong 64). And finally, Super Mario Advance 4 and New Super Mario Bros DS will probably mark the end of my Wii U splurge.

Last year I already spent a boatload of money on GB and GBC games for 3DS, so I’m set for that system.

Yes. I’m thinking of getting Pokémon spin off DS games and I don’t even like Pokémon that much (though might like those more). It’s just like, I might want to play this thing. I did get lost of my Wii games that I didn’t have physical that I wanted over the last couple years. Probably will get Zack and Wiki and then some of the GBA games I don’t have. Not sure. Trying to keep it low if I can.

Yeah unless it’s an actual story quest, ignore Atlus dlc safely. On 3DS it was lots of skins or music tracks or exp and money boosts. I only claimed some stuff in Persona Q…. but the cart doesn’t work anymore! Apparently the launch print was defective and almost everyone who got a launch edition or near launch… their game no longer works and Atlus won’t fix it.

I love that game and when I decided last month to do the P3 run… does not work.

I personally love New Super Mario Bros Wii a lot. If you don’t consider Luigi U, I like the main Wii campaign more than the U campaign. I’m halfway through the e-reader levels in Super Mario Advance 4 and if you like extra tough Mario levels it is super worth it. Lot of creativity too as they break the rules of Super Mario Bros 3 by throwing enemies, items, and mechanics from future Super Mario Bros games in. The original New Super Mario Bros DS was a good game, but I think the others overshadow it. I don’t personally feel I’d need or want to revisit it when the others are still there, but if you want to be a completionist it’s there.

Yeah unless it’s an actual story quest, ignore Atlus dlc safely. On 3DS it was lots of skins or music tracks or exp and money boosts. I only claimed some stuff in Persona Q…. but the cart doesn’t work anymore! Apparently the launch print was defective and almost everyone who got a launch edition or near launch… their game no longer works and Atlus won’t fix it.

I love that game and when I decided last month to do the P3 run… does not work.
I’ve definitely heard of the glitch before, do you know how it shows up? Does the game just not boot up at all? I loaded a save file once to check it a year ago, but I didn’t play the game much to see if it was working beyond that.

I’ve definitely heard of the glitch before, do you know how it shows up? Does the game just not boot up at all? I loaded a save file once to check it a year ago, but I didn’t play the game much to see if it was working beyond that.
Then it works it seems. It happened with first print runs it seems looking all over online. The game won’t even load up. You select the icon, try to boot it, and a message pops up saying the game card could not be read.

The essential Wii U purchase is Affordable Space Adventures, an indie game built so completely around the gamepad experience that it may never release on another system. Absolutely recommend picking that up while you can - one of the best games on the system.

Absolutely this - it's a truly unique game. Will never get a re-release.
The best use of the gamepad.

Then it works it seems. It happened with first print runs it seems looking all over online. The game won’t even load up. You select the icon, try to boot it, and a message pops up saying the game card could not be read.
Thanks for the info. Guess I dodged a bullet then since I had bought the limited edition at launch. Sucks it happened to you and so many others though :( They should have offered digital copies or something to everyone who sent in a broken cart.

Thanks for the info. Guess I dodged a bullet then since I had bought the limited edition at launch. Sucks it happened to you and so many others though :( They should have offered digital copies or something to everyone who sent in a broken cart.
One guy managed to get a code, but I’m reading on Reddit that customer service hasn’t even bothered answering them. I sent a customer service email last night to see what happens.

You should check it make sure yours is alright still. Affects certain serial numbers.

I nabbed mario kart 7 and smash bros for 3ds today for 7 bucks a pop at gamestop. Mario kart had the case and manual, smash did not, but it was cheap enough to order them on ebay. Im not strictly digitial or physical on 3ds, a mix of both, i get it where ever it is cheaper/easier to acquire them. 3ds games have shot up in price some so a lot of times its cheaper and easier to purchase them on the e shop. I still want to aquire…

Ever oasis
Bravely default
Bravely second
Pokemon x
Fantasy life
Kirby’s epic yarn
Luigis mansion
Pushmo
New super mario bros 2
Yoshis new island
Hey pikmin!
Animal crossing happy home designer

God its going to be an expensive two months…

I nabbed mario kart 7 and smash bros for 3ds today for 7 bucks a pop at gamestop. Mario kart had the case and manual, smash did not, but it was cheap enough to order them on ebay. Im not strictly digitial or physical on 3ds, a mix of both, i get it where ever it is cheaper/easier to acquire them. 3ds games have shot up in price some so a lot of times its cheaper and easier to purchase them on the e shop. I still want to aquire…

Ever oasis
Bravely default
Bravely second
Pokemon x
Fantasy life
Kirby’s epic yarn
Luigis mansion
Pushmo
New super mario bros 2
Yoshis new island
Hey pikmin!
Animal crossing happy home designer

God its going to be an expensive two months…
That’s a good deal for those games. Smash 3DS is still the only place for Smash Run, so it will be worth having. Mario Kart 7 might become obsolete with the boost pass, but I still think there is some novelty with 3D and it has other remakes that might not come.

I’m interested in getting Fantasy Life, Professor Layton Phoenix Wright, and maybe Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for physical type releases (probably digital on the first 2 since I don’t want to spend crazy amounts). Might consider Ever Oasis and Hey Pikmin.

59247-drill-dozer-game-boy-advance-front-cover.jpg

I liked that you mentioned Drill Dozer. I love that game. The Wii U VC version has a Rumble feature when using the Gamepad, which is super robust and interesting. It's also a 2D Game Freak game directed by Ken Sugimori. Also, it's the only release of the previously completed but never released european version, which contains language options!

39092-donkey-kong-game-boy-front-cover.jpg

You've mentioned most of the important games from what I can remember. I like that you mentioned Donkey Kong '94: it's a shame it doesn't offer support to the Super Game Boy features (really, Nintendo?), but it's seriously the best original game in that portable system. If you don't know a thing about this one, do yourself a favor and go in blind. I wish I could talk more about it and how it changed Nintendo's games a whole lot but I'd rather let you discover it.

MzMmticjp0VPzO3CCj4rmFOuohEuEWoW

I like the idea that Duck Hunt (NES) exists in the Wii U VC and you can use the Wiimote in it. The dark filter sucks so much, though.

My biggest recommendation besides the aforementioned is this one:
02dBjr7.jpg

Ogre Battle 64 is an immaculate, dense game. It wasn't directed by Matsuno but I don't think it detracts at all from its immense qualities. This is a game to lose yourself into. If you've played and loved Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre do yourself a favor and play this one as well. Be aware it's a different beast and I assure you won't be disappointed. Music by the always fantasic Hitoshi Sakimoto (and co.).

3425-1.png

I also really like Final Fight One on the GBA. The extras are interesting and accessible and even if it's not arcade perfect, I think it's a great entry point to the game which is my favourite beat-em-up. Also, I have no idea in HELL how this game was rated E for Everyone even when it was rereleased on the VC in 2015.

By the by, uh... the US eShop links for Wii U games are dead already. They redirect to Nintendo's home page now. Discovered this today while searching for this Final Fight One info. They sure were quick to bury it...

Last edited:
59247-drill-dozer-game-boy-advance-front-cover.jpg

I liked that you mentioned Drill Dozer. I love that game. The Wii U VC version has a Rumble feature when using the Gamepad, which is super robust and interesting. It's also a 2D Game Freak game directed by Ken Sugimori. Also, it's the only release of the previously completed but never released european version, which contains language options!

39092-donkey-kong-game-boy-front-cover.jpg

You've mentioned most of the important games from what I can remember. I like that you mentioned Donkey Kong '94: it's a shame it doesn't offer support to the Super Game Boy features (really, Nintendo?), but it's seriously the best original game in that portable system. If you don't know a thing about this one, do yourself a favor and go in blind. I wish I could talk more about it and how it changed Nintendo's games a whole lot but I'd rather let you discover it.

MzMmticjp0VPzO3CCj4rmFOuohEuEWoW

I like the idea that Duck Hunt (NES) exists in the Wii U VC and you can use the Wiimote in it. The dark filter sucks so much, though.

My biggest recommendation besides the aforementioned is this one:
02dBjr7.jpg

Ogre Battle 64 is an immaculate, dense game. It wasn't directed by Matsuno but I don't think it detracts at all from its immense qualities. This is a game to lose yourself into. If you've played and loved Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre do yourself a favor and play this one as well. Be aware it's a different beast and I assure you won't be disappointed. Music by the always fantasic Hitoshi Sakimoto (and co.).

3425-1.png

I also really like Final Fight One on the GBA. The extras are interesting and accessible and even if it's not arcade perfect, I think it's a great entry point to the game which is my favourite beat-em-up. Also, I have no idea in HELL how this game was rated E for Everyone even when it was rereleased on the VC in 2015.

By the by, uh... the US eShop links for Wii U games are dead already. They redirect to Nintendo's home page now. Discovered this today while searching for this Final Fight One info. They sure were quick to bury it...
My hope is if GameBoy comes to NSO, they add super game boy compatibility. Would be so cool to have.

That’s a good deal for those games. Smash 3DS is still the only place for Smash Run, so it will be worth having. Mario Kart 7 might become obsolete with the boost pass, but I still think there is some novelty with 3D and it has other remakes that might not come.

I’m interested in getting Fantasy Life, Professor Layton Phoenix Wright, and maybe Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for physical type releases (probably digital on the first 2 since I don’t want to spend crazy amounts). Might consider Ever Oasis and Hey Pikmin.
The thing is i dont even know how bad i want to play a game like hey pikmin or yoshis new island…but the idea of them going away forever is making me want to have them just to have them

My copy of Fantasy Life arrived yesterday and after booting it up I see it has rather expansive DLC. Any thoughts on how worthwhile it is? But also it seems it has multiplayer but you can’t play with another person if they don’t have the DLC. So in the off chance I love this game and decide to buy a digital copy so my kid and I can play together I’d have to get the DLC twice?

Just added ever oasis and kirby’s extra epic yarn to the collection. Im letting myself buy two 3ds games per pay check so i dont go overboard

I’m interested in that Mercury Steam Castlevania game on 3DS. Anyone play that? Can you draw a line between Mirror of Fate and Samus Returns?

Just need to grab luigis mansion, bravely default, bravely second, pokemon x, and new super mario bros 2, then ill have every 3ds game i ever wanted to own. Fantasy life, hey pikmin, and yoshis new island are maybes :/

Still mostly sifting through lists and such to see what I want to get, but I did buy Mysterious Murasame Castle. I also grabbed a physical copy of Fire Emblem Echoes since they're still available at MSRP. Is the DLC for the game worth getting?

Okay, this week i grabbed luigis mansion, pokemon x, bravely default, and bravely second…fuck ive probably spent like over a grand on 3ds games over the past four months or so

Don't know if its mention, but during the 3ds era Atlus had a ton of games on the system, some underrated gems are: 7th Dragon, who's artist is now on Soul Hackers 2, and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, a Chrono Trigger-ish game. Also all the Etrian Odysseys are amazing.

Still mostly sifting through lists and such to see what I want to get, but I did buy Mysterious Murasame Castle. I also grabbed a physical copy of Fire Emblem Echoes since they're still available at MSRP. Is the DLC for the game worth getting?
Some of it. Pretty much only grab any of the narrative DLC. The rest are either challenges or quests to make the game easier.

The Cipher characters DLCs are notable because they're the only time characters from the card game have appeared in a mainline game.

My copy of Fantasy Life arrived yesterday and after booting it up I see it has rather expansive DLC. Any thoughts on how worthwhile it is? But also it seems it has multiplayer but you can’t play with another person if they don’t have the DLC. So in the off chance I love this game and decide to buy a digital copy so my kid and I can play together I’d have to get the DLC twice?

It's a full on expansion with a large new area, additional levels to the in game jobs and such. It's arguably the best DLC on the 3ds.

Does anybody have a list of 3DS games that have paid DLC?
I had planned on making a curated list and threadmarking it. Just haven’t had time yet. Didn’t want it to be too unwieldy with every item and also want to be able to say how to get some of the thing since some require playing to certain points in game. I did find this list online, but it doesn’t go into too much detail.

Games with paid DLC

@Barely Able I apologize if this was already covered, but if I add eShop funds to my linked/wallet shared Wii U/3DS/Switch NNID/Nintendo Account, I'll be able to use them on the Wii U and 3DS shops till they close, right? I don't have to worry about any deadlines involving adding funds?

@Barely Able I apologize if this was already covered, but if I add eShop funds to my linked/wallet shared Wii U/3DS/Switch NNID/Nintendo Account, I'll be able to use them on the Wii U and 3DS shops till they close, right? I don't have to worry about any deadlines involving adding funds?
It is my understanding that if you linked your NNID to your Nintendo account and share a wallet on the systems, then you are good to go until next year with adding funds. It says the following on the Nintendo webpage about the closure:

Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until late March 2023. After that, the balance can only be used to purchase content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

It is my understanding that if you linked your NNID to your Nintendo account and share a wallet on the systems, then you are good to go until next year with adding funds. It says the following on the Nintendo webpage about the closure:

Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until late March 2023. After that, the balance can only be used to purchase content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.
Thanks so much! And for this excellent thread. I'll be back to suggest some fave exclusives. 😃

Got fantasy life yesterday digitally. I was interested in the physical game for the great box art alone, but not 100 dollars interested. The reason im buying so many 3ds games now is because i kind of abandoned the system, along with the wii u around 2015. I fell out of love with nintendo but the switch brought me back in. I now realize what an excellent library the system has and am trying to get as many of those games as possible. When i owned a launch model 3ds i only had a small hand full of games for it, now i have a new 3ds xl, and basically every 3ds game ive ever been interested in. Just a few more left now…i still need

Mario tennis open
Mario sports superstars
New super mario bros 2
And hey pikmin

Is yoshis new island any good? Looking at screenshots its one of the ugliest games
Ive ever seen. Plus i already own the excellent woolly world on 3ds

Back
Top Bottom