• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Which N64 + Genesis game will you play first on NSO Expansion Pack?

Gartooth

Universal Madness
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
For N64 I want to jump in and play some Mario Tennis since I had good memories of that one, want to try online multi there.

I haven't played most of the Genesis library before but I've heard great things about Streets of Rage 2, so I'll give that a shot.

F-ZERO X. I'm not paying extra until I can play the GOAT.

Okay, I might cave for Star Fox. I'm curious about the multiplayer, having only ever played the 3DS remake alone. Is it a dogfight arena?

Gotta be Mario Kart 64 for me. A little Mario Tennis too for sure. It's the games that are coming after launch that I am most excited about; Mario Golf, Paper Mario, Kirby. My goodness.

Don't know. Maybe I might be in the mood for Zelda. If not, it's gonna be Mario Kart 64. So much nostalgia for it.

Paper Mario will immediately take over whatever else I may be playing at the time, but at launch I could see myself playing StarFox 64 for the first time

Ocarina of Time for sure. Itā€™s been over ten years since I played the original version of that game.

I plan on making a night out of it. I plan on starting with Mario 64 and getting a star. Then I want to do a round with a grand prix in Mario 64. I will do a route in Star Fox and probably start a file in Ocarina of Time. If I have time I will do a tennis match as well.

Ocarina
Of
Time

Gonna play through it with my stepdad online, if he's finished with BotW. Hopefully he'll have finally beaten Ganon by then.

I probably won't get a choice since my partner will likely bumrush the switch and destroy me at MK64 šŸ˜… she's too good.

I'll go ahead and say Ristar, I was a huge fan of that as a kid, it was so colorful!

Paper Mario will immediately take over whatever else I may be playing at the time, but at launch I could see myself playing StarFox 64 for the first time
I really hope the dark filter that these games had on Wii U is gone. Paper Mario is supposed to be bright and colorful, not drab!

I really hope the dark filter that these games had on Wii U is gone. Paper Mario is supposed to be bright and colorful, not drab!

I can't recall where, but I asked the same question and someone mentioned that there were some side by side screenshots that showed the dark filter was removed, so we will be getting these games in their original glory!

Honestly probably Ocarina of Time. Havenā€™t played the game at all since the 3DS release like a decade ago. Gonna wait for that stupid controller to show up first though. Gotta play it the way it was MEANT to be played!

ocarina, been wanting to replay it for the zelda anniversary anyway and its been a hot minute since ive played the n64 version.

prolly sin and punishment after that.

Honestly probably Ocarina of Time. Havenā€™t played the game at all since the 3DS release like a decade ago. Gonna wait for that stupid controller to show up first though. Gotta play it the way it was MEANT to be played!

Yea I really need that N64 controller. I played Mario 64 with a pro controller last year and it felt off. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have been playing with that controller for the vast majority of my life. A lot of people will complain about that controller but it just feels right to me.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't offer too many color options because I do not want to go broke lol.

planning on doing sin and punishment and then the wii game immediately after. i already own the wii game but have not played it yet.

The main reason I would go for the Expansion pack is to play Paper Mario. Everything else is extra.

Ocarina of Time, I've been wanting to do a playthrough of the N64 version for a while. Regular play of Star Fox 64 and Sin & Punishment too

Ocarina. You put that game in front of me and I'll play it all over again. Still my favorite game of all time.

Also definitely hoping for full Konami(Hudsonsoft) and sega support, give me hybrid Heaven, Goemon and Snowboard kids!

I really hope Mystical Ninja makes it on to the service. I wonder how they'll handle games that required the memory pak...?

Although with save states, I guess it doesn't matter šŸ˜…

I really hope Mystical Ninja makes it on to the service. I wonder how they'll handle games that required the memory pak...?

Although with save states, I guess it doesn't matter šŸ˜…
Winback uses it and itā€™s at launch so we donā€™t have to wait long to find out. Also Konami backed the Genesis launch so Iā€™m hopeful

Sin and Punishment. Never played, wanna see what itā€™s all about.

F-Zero X. I loved F-Zero on SNES, never tried it on 64.

Paper Mario. I played it a lot back in the day, but never finished it because it wasnā€™t mine.

There are a couple games there that I've never played that I'd like to try (Sin & Punishment, Dr. Mario 64), but I think I'll end up playing Mario Kart 64 online before any of them.

Definitely Mario Kart 64 followed closely by local multiplayer Mario Tennis with my kids. Can't wait!

Honestly don't know if I am going to get the expansion pass yet, for a few reasons (how frequently it'll be updated, what the upgrade expense and options are like). That being said, if I did get it...

• F Zero X. It's been a long, long time since I've played this and I think the minimalist visuals will look great on OLED. F Zero is basically the only game I've actually spent a meaningful amount of time on with NSO so far, and I hope by pouring playtime into the series I can signal to Nintendo that new F Zero should happen.
  • Ocarina of Time. I have the superior (in my opinion) remaster sitting on my shelf and yet... I'm so tempted by the prospect of playing OOT on Switch that I would genuinely play the original in the absence of any other option. It'll still be an excellent game.
  • Phantasy Star IV. This has been on my to play list since forever, and the Sega Ages version of the original was a good experience on Switch (albeit with a guide).
  • Sin and Punishment. Self explanatory.
  • Banjo Kazooie. I couldn't be bothered playing this when I had access to Rare Replay, so I'd probably revisit it on Switch.
In the maybe pile, we have Majora's Mask and Paper Mario. I'd really welcome Mystical Ninja, Mischief Makers, and if it's somehow possible, Space Station Silicon Valley. Diddy Kong Racing is also a must.

I doubt I'll even resub to NSO until they add F-Zero X lol. So, I guess that's the one for me.

I really wish Wave Race and Mario Golf were in the first wave but that saidā€¦gonna go with OoT. Even though I played it a bit back in the day when it came out, I never got around to beating it.

Paper Mario for Single Player, i think i played it last time on Wii VC and Winback for Multiplayer , it has a great underrated and tense Multiplayer

Sin and Punishment. Only ever played 2 so might as well check out the original.

Back
Top Bottom