• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Which ip would you like to see Nintendo funding like with bayonetta

Because maybe that company doesnt want to revive the ip itself?
I think the idea is the series isn't coming back without someone splashing the cash, in this hypothetical scenario it's Nintendo
It's not about what Nintendo wants, but what we want, how unrealistic that may be.
Since we're already talking hypotheticals and making wishes I don't see the point of introducing a middleman.

But I'll keep it moving then.

Since we're already talking hypotheticals and making wishes I don't see the point of introducing a middleman.

But I'll keep it moving then.
Counterpoint: Nintendo pedigree or some shit

In all seriousness I get what you mean. Nintendo grabbed IP/developers that were floating in mid air without the ability to make things or were going to be sold off. It's not really the same as some of these examples, where the original developer is still making other games, so Nintendo would have to grab some arbitrary developer to make the game.

I keep hearing good things about the No One Lives Forever series. I never played them and there’s some weird rights issues so this scenario would be the only reasonable way I’d get to experience the games.

Also, Eternal Darkness.

SONIC. Flat out. I don't care if it's still active, Nintendo + Sonic would be a match made in heaven. The Wii U era thing was a joke because Nintendo clearly left Sega to their own devices (wouldn't shock me if Sega were strict about that as well), and look what happened.

And Nintendo don't seem to have as much involvement with the Olympic titles as you'd think seemingly? I feel like they just do the most basic of supervision and that's it.

Oh and bonus answer; BOMBERMAN. They have ND Cube right there with a decent chunk of Bomberman folks there (even Bomberman 64!), a proper Nintendo and ND Cube-made 3D Bomberman is a dream game of mine. I'd also love to see Kororinpa revived in the same way as even the creator is apparently at ND Cube, and I think Nintendo having a marble-rolling game as a regular casual IP would be lovely. Perfect for Switch and all that. That or just make a Kororinpa successor, I mean how hard is it to make your own marble game?

SONIC. Flat out. I don't care if it's still active, Nintendo + Sonic would be a match made in heaven. The Wii U era thing was a joke because Nintendo clearly left Sega to their own devices (wouldn't shock me if Sega were strict about that as well), and look what happened.

And Nintendo don't seem to have as much involvement with the Olympic titles as you'd think seemingly? I feel like they just do the most basic of supervision and that's it.

Oh and bonus answer; BOMBERMAN. They have ND Cube right there with a decent chunk of Bomberman folks there (even Bomberman 64!), a proper Nintendo and ND Cube-made 3D Bomberman is a dream game of mine. I'd also love to see Kororinpa revived in the same way as even the creator is apparently at ND Cube, and I think Nintendo having a marble-rolling game as a regular casual IP would be lovely. Perfect for Switch and all that. That or just make a Kororinpa successor, I mean how hard is it to make your own marble game?
I like how you think.

Xenogears, because I want Takahashi to get another shot at the story he was trying to tell.

Otherwise, nothing. Console exclusives are bad for the industry and I don’t want Nintendo to go the way of Sony and snap up a bunch of great games that more people could have experienced.

Nintendo should definitely do a sincere attempt at reviving Gravity Rush, no matter what it takes: Scoop up Japan Studio employees, buying out the rights for the trademark and the IP, and find Toyama, whatever he does these days, and bring him on board.

Switch exclusive Sonic, Persona, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Ys, Elden Ring sequel, COD, Madden, and also an exclusive Jaleco collection of remakes by Retro.
Make that Elden Ring sequel a fighting game and we're talking.

Xenogears, because I want Takahashi to get another shot at the story he was trying to tell.

Otherwise, nothing. Console exclusives are bad for the industry and I don’t want Nintendo to go the way of Sony and snap up a bunch of great games that more people could have experienced.
As it was pointed out during the Bayonetta 2 fiasco, the alternative would have likely been nobody being able to experience the game at all. Sega had no interest in continuing the series before Nintendo's involvement. This is very different from Sony paying to lock already well-established and popular third-party series to their consoles.

Bravely Default 3, help them make it the jump the series deserves.

IMO why stop at funding. What if Nintendo buys Sega? We'd get Atlus under EPD supervision. Imagine the possibilities.

Switch exclusive Sonic, Persona, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Ys, Elden Ring sequel, COD, Madden, and also an exclusive Jaleco collection of remakes by Retro.
Id love for Nintendo to fun an Elden Ring sequel. Then it can take even more inspiration from BOTW and finally become a good game!

Id love for Nintendo to fun an Elden Ring sequel. Then it can take even more inspiration from BOTW and finally become a good game!
It would be perfect. BOTW would get fixed because Elden Ring has actual great music and voice acting + fun combat. Elden Ring would get fixed because it wouldn't run like poop on most platforms (it would just be on one) and it would have amiibo support. Perfect combo!

It would be perfect. BOTW would get fixed because Elden Ring has actual great music and voice acting + fun combat. Elden Ring would get fixed because it wouldn't run like poop on most platforms (it would just be on one) and it would have amiibo support. Perfect combo!
I was going to make a Kokiri forest joke, and then say you were technically correct because it would run on one platform. But I reread and saw you already did it! Great minds and all

I was going to make a Kokiri forest joke, and then say you were technically correct because it would run on one platform. But I reread and saw you already did it! Great minds and all

210820-danny-devito-al-0924.jpg

that's true, but money is a resource. any publishing money should go into growing and improving epd
Luckily, it doesn't seem likely that Nintendo would do this again anytime soon. Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third were pretty unique situations where they were seemingly just trying to get anything on the system so they opened the chequebook for games that were cancelled mid-development.

Shenmue, with Nintendo oversight telling Yu Suzuki when his ideas are bad.

I feel like if Nintendo were to do that, it should be something that doesn't really exist in their catalogue already. Perhaps a 3D fighting game like Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur.

Yo-kai Watch. It’s so disappointing that Level-5 threw out their publishing deal with Nintendo for whatever reason and we haven’t gotten any localized Yo-kai Watch games since…

I think what makes the bayo funding interesting is that they do not have a high-octane character action game in their portfolio.

So going by a genre/game they do not have internal, I would think of a couple of genres: horror/suspense (LM does not count) in the M rating and dungeon crawler (Diablo-like) to name a few.

-They have IPs in both genres: Eternal Darkness/Geist and Soma Bringer (Monolith IP) so they could do that. I don't think they will at the moment.

I dont know what else they could fund to increase their portfolio.

Back
Top Bottom