• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music What's your longest music playlist that you curated yourself?

EvilChameleon

Now 20% cooler!
Pronouns
he/him
For my first decade or so of listening to music, I wasn't a big playlist person. Then, hell, for my first couple years of listening to music on streaming services, I started making them, but nothing too massive. Now, especially with the Marvis Pro app, I love curating my own playlists.
So that brings us to the question of the thread, which I will state again; what is the longest playlist you have that you yourself curated?
For me it's a classic rock playlist with 347 different songs, and growing, as I remember tunes I love.

I was a full album listener for the longest time, but the past few years have made me start using playlists more, as a lot of my time listening to music now is while exercising or mowing the lawn or as background music while playing Dota.

My "Good music" playlist has 1,514 songs. Just a mixture of all kinds of music I like. Nothing more to it. If I listen to an album for the first time and I like a song from it, I'll add it to the playlist if I remember to. If I randomly hear a catchy song out and about, I'll add it to the playlist if I remember to.

Behind that is my "Folk/Country" playlist, which is less curated than the "Good music" one and has a lot of full albums dumped on there from artists I like, including songs I wouldn't include in the other playlist. This has 1,057 songs. Just kind of a mix of all kinds of genres and time periods that lean country/folk/southern/rootsy.

For my first decade or so of listening to music, I wasn't a big playlist person. Then, hell, for my first couple years of listening to music on streaming services, I started making them, but nothing too massive. Now, especially with the Marvis Pro app, I love curating my own playlists.
So that brings us to the question of the thread, which I will state again; what is the longest playlist you have that you yourself curated?
For me it's a classic rock playlist with 347 different songs, and growing, as I remember tunes I love.
My biggest playlist on itunes labeled “my playlist” is 6,374 songs which is 339 hours and 8 minutes long…been building, editing it, and rearranging it for over 15 years. Kind of has a bunch of mini playlists inside it. Sadly it isn’t shuffle friendly by nature though which I prioritize more these days over a structured playlist.

I do still generally like building shorter ones though either with variety in mind, a theme, or a best of. In high school and college especially I used to make 80 minute playlists to burn on CDs. A few I extended to about two to two and a half hours when my phone became my primary music player.

i have one called "favorites" thats made up of like 922 tracks. It's like 2 days and 14 hours long

Personally I prefer listening to entire albums, but I enjoy making playlists almost as a hobby lol.

I have a few "repository" playlists where I add songs as I come across them. Like "rock songs" or "jazz songs". There's one where I dump entire albums in. the genre is loosely "indie acoustic female vocalists post 2017" which has 3,000+ songs now.

I also make curated playlists, which is more fun, that usually get up in the 2-3 hour range but I've been trying to cap myself off at 1 hour more recently.

Here's my playlist where the idea is I picture myself stuck in LA traffic, lol.

I am always listening to full discographies, so I curate artist-focused playlists as I travel through their catalog by selecting the songs I enjoy from each album.

I believe the longest one I have is my Neil Young playlist, which has 230 tracks and about 16 hours worth of music.

I have a playlist of my favorite rock/prog. rock tunes that has 452 songs and lasts 52 hours and 38 minutes. I use it mostly when driving and stuff like that, when I listen to music while working I try to listen to full albums or to new music.

Some are like 200-300 songs long, most of it is 70s and 80s music. Not that long but Im thinking of putting together a huge one soon

Back
Top Bottom