• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What's the most useless thing you have memorized

D

Deleted member 2

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"

One of the first things I did when I was first let loose on the internet was learn and memorize the lingest english word I could find.

It's 100% useless and I hope to god it stays that way

I can probably still recite the US Constitution’s preamble and most of Charge of the Light Brigade.

I just remembered that I had this scene memorized in high school and can probably still recite 90% of it.

It’s pretty cringey in hindsight.

4 8 15 16 23 42

😵😵😵 (this is probably a whole tv watching generation's issue though lmao)
CLUCK YOU!!

Oh boy do I have a lot of that show memorized. It was one of my obsessions in high school lol

CLUCK YOU!!

Oh boy do I have a lot of that show memorized. It was one of my obsessions in high school lol

Hell yeah! I know people have their feelings about the ending but that is still peak tv viewing to me, theorising with friends about every little detail week to week haha

Hell yeah! I know people have their feelings about the ending but that is still peak tv viewing to me, theorising with friends about every little detail week to week haha
God it was the best.

2 things:

1) There’s a genus of fish 🐟 in the antartic sea that have a non-functional hemoglobin gene 🧬 so they don’t use hemoglobin to transport oxygen in their blood 🩸, it’s dissolved directly in the plasma and their whole body has adapted to still work despite of this.

Completely useless knowledge, but one time I told this to a pediatrician during an internship and he was blown away because according to him I was very cultured and gave me a really good evaluation because of my ability to memorize useless and trivial knowledge despite the fact that I hated that internship. My friends still bother me with the “hemoglobin fishes” even to this day.

2) Back in the day (like 12 years ago) I memorized the Daft Hands video on youtube the day before a final exam because I was bored.

Edit:
The video in question

Last edited:
I haven't installed the update yet, is it better than v2016.01.20
Uh, if you mean doesn't install spyware, self-delete entire programs, and end up causing a major crash that almost required a full reboot, yea

I have a bunch of random things memorized that are pretty useless: Hamlet's "To be or not to be" soliloquy, the names of every US President, and a bunch of random songs from children's shows

But I think the most random is the first sentence of the US Declaration of Independence. No, not "we hold these truths to be self evident...", I mean, "when in the course of human events...". I don't know why I decided to go the extra mile there but I can tell you it was not worth it

I have a bunch of random things memorized that are pretty useless: Hamlet's "To be or not to be" soliloquy, the names of every US President, and a bunch of random songs from children's shows

But I think the most random is the first sentence of the US Declaration of Independence. No, not "we hold these truths to be self evident...", I mean, "when in the course of human events...". I don't know why I decided to go the extra mile there but I can tell you it was not worth it
This is the stuff this thread was made for

I know and like to recite in my head the phrases of the intro of Devil Digital Saga.

I know the classification/names of most locomotives by train operators in France, Germany and Switzerland. I don‘t work with trains.

I can recite the whole of Jigsaw's monologue on the cassette tape from the end of the original Saw movie, and did so once live at a Halloween gig my friend's headlined. They opened by playing the Hello Zepp theme as my backing lol pure spur of the moment but I guess maybe it wasn't so useless in the end?

4 8 15 16 23 42

😵😵😵 (this is probably a whole tv watching generation's issue though lmao)

It baffles me that the first episode was 17 years ago, 2 weeks ago. It still holds up so well.

on-topic

The dumbest thing I know is duck's penis size in relation to its body, its weird shape, and its spring-loaded abilities.
it ranges from about half the size of the duck itself to the same size as the bird

Or is that just a fact and not something I've memorized?

even more on-topic:

I still know all my friends' parents home telephone numbers from when used landline on a daily.

It baffles me that the first episode was 17 years ago, 2 weeks ago. It still holds up so well.

Noooooo, why would you do this! It's late here, I'll be thinking about this trying to sleep 😂....😭

I know the year of release and vague metacritic range of almost every notable video game of the last 20 years. I also memorized almost everything ever posted on an old GameFAQs board.

The number of a train car Fox Mulder jumps on in one episode of the X-Files.

I have a shit memory but somehow those 5 digits have stuck for decades when I can never even remember my nor anyone else's phone number.

I had every Pokemon's evolution method/level until Sword and Shield memorized. Probably wouldn't take long to memorize them just feel lazy when Google exists. I also had every type advantage, neutral, and disadvantage memorized until fairy's introduction. I think I have it memorized too but think I only know the weaknesses. Kinda useless now with Google but back in Red/Blue and Gold/Silver it was pretty useful.

Pikmin 2 was pretty much my childhood game, and I ended up memorizing every dungeon's sublevels (both in story and challenge mode) and almost every variation of said sublevels. So when I played the game for the 12th time (not an exaggeration), there was no element of surprise in the dungeons. It's pretty insane the amount of handcrafted level design that game has.

Bro? What??

I fucking love me some dino facts. Same shit goes with aquatic reptiles. Icthyosaurs and plesiosaurs, reptiles and not dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are exclusively terrestrial.

...until they weren't.

Back in April of 2020, a new discovery of Spinosaurus was made public (and rendered the AC museum skeleton obsolete and outdated in less than a month of release, which in the paleontology world is about par for the course when it comes to artistic designs of Spinosaurus). The sail of the Spinosaur wasn't just limited to it's back, but a remarkably complete tail skeleton found in Morocco suggests the spine also went down it's tail. With the new weight and height, it's hypothesized the tail was not only used for balance on land, but for steering in the water like a massive oar. Spinosaurus was certainly a carnivore and fed primarily on fish and other aquatic prey. With the evidence mounting, it only makes sense to deduce that Spinosaurus Aegypticus is the world's first and only known aquatic dinosaur.

Also I have like the first 151 Pokemon memorized in order because of a poster I had above my bed when I was younger and I would count them in order in the spiral they were presented in instead of counting sheep to fall asleep.

I can't find an image online of the specific poster, but I did bring it to a convention once and had it signed by Veronica Taylor because the poster also had Ash in the middle.

The movie that was on a private satellite channel in Spain on December 1st, 1999. I loved Robbin Williams when I was a kid, and that day they were broadcasting Patch Adams, but we were leaving to USA to spend a week on a family trip to DisneyWorld, which was amazing for me, obvs, but it pissed my younger me off so much not being able to watch my beloved Mrs. Doubtfire and that useless piece of information sticked to my mind 'til this day.

Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey (etc.)

0118 999 88199 9119 725...............................3

Last edited:
A nightmare I had when I was young I think it has been 20 years ago and I can still vividly remember the dream. Furthermore whenever I think about that I think about the movie Signs when the aliëns walk past the camera for the first time and that scared the shit out of younger me lol.

Did you know that our version of Super Mario Bros 2 was actually a different game in Japan called Doki Doki Panic?

This is just to say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

How to calculate the focal length of a thick lens in air is:

F=1/f=(n-1)[1/R1-1/R2+(n-1)d/nR1R2]

Haven't used that formula in about 10 years and I still know it by heart.

Also, the blood code for Mortal Kombat on the Mega Drive/Genesis is ABACABB. Haven't used THAT in about 20 years.

I remembered that code because it was the name of a Genesis song

I’m a big nerd, basically

Back
Top Bottom