• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • ❄️We captured the snow storm in a bottle!❄️

You can enable the snow via the button on the bottom left. If you'd like to remove the button, go to your preferences and enable the Hide snow button. Make sure you disable the snow first.

• Is the Video Game Industry DOOMED? WestEgg, Irene, and VolcanicDynamo discuss in the newest episode of the Famibords Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion What will be Nintendo's "Bayonetta 3" and "Metroid Prime 4" of the next console?

someone will ask Miyamoto about Eternal Darkness expecting the usual non-answer those kind of questions always get, and instead he'll casually say "oh yeah, we're totally making another one of those, keep an ear out for more news soon"

We will not hear about it again for 6 and a half years

During this time, Shigeru Miyamoto will act and speak as though he never said such a thing. He's not even sure he knows what an Eternal Darkness is -- is it a Dark Soul? --, but it sounds pretty distressing. Was all this merely a real life sanity effect? Is it diabolical viral marketing? This can't be happening! ... can it?

Hey let's not put this type of energy out here lmao

You WANT this again OP?! 😂😅

Honestly if it's anything it'll be something made by a non-Nintendo owned developer making a Nintendo IP game.

I get the feeling that Miyamoto will probably say something about a new Star Fox in an interview like he did with Pikmin 4 and that's the only way an announcement like that will repeat, I think they learned not to show games that just started development again.

Hopefully Bayonetta 4 just to know it exists.
...what is going to happen to Bayonetta without Kamiya around? Yes he didn't direct the last two but he was still a HUGE part of the franhcise being supported?

People are saying that Nintendo never reveal games early any more, but a new console reveal is a totally different kettle of fish than years 4 through 7 of a completely stable console ecosystem.

Any arrow they have in their bow to give the new machine early momentum, they'll fire it.

For me, history and recent development suggests it will be Zelda. We've only just seen TotK, but I'm sure Nintendo would like to show off a new Zelda as soon as possible. And Zelda games are ALWAYS delayed. Add those two things together, and you have a recipe for a long wait. Even worse if it or part of it is outsourced to some other studio. But why would they ever outsource a Zelda game? Well, they already do with the remakes...

So my guess is... Ocarina of Time remake.

For me, history and recent development suggests it will be Zelda. We've only just seen TotK, but I'm sure Nintendo would like to show off a new Zelda as soon as possible. And Zelda games are ALWAYS delayed. Add those two things together, and you have a recipe for a long wait. Even worse if it or part of it is outsourced to some other studio. But why would they ever outsource a Zelda game? Well, they already do with the remakes...

So my guess is... Ocarina of Time remake.
There are tons of aspects of Zelda games that could be outsourced, it would surprise me if they didn't already do it for totk/ botw (not counting monolith soft). Creaton of generic art/ assets etc. not to mention the games made by capcom, that are arguably as good as any first party ones.

There are tons of aspects of Zelda games that could be outsourced, it would surprise me if they didn't already do it for totk/ botw (not counting monolith soft). Creaton of generic art/ assets etc. not to mention the games made by capcom, that are arguably as good as any first party ones.

I mean, the last time Nintendo outsourced a Zelda game to Capcom, it started with Ages/Seasons and ended with Nintendo hiring away nearly the entire team post-Minish Cap.

Worked out great for Nintendo, since the lead on those games is Aonuma's successor and directed Skyward Sword, BotW and TotK. But Capcom may not be wild about being a Nintendo farm team, again. ;)

Last edited:
My money is on this. We will have a Netflix show, a theme park ride and another new mobile app years before it releases, so Nintendo can tell us how important this frnachise is for them and how much Miyamoto loves it, but actually never release a new main game until +10 years.

if you mean a really early announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if they already tease the next Zelda and it only comes out two years later.
TOTK was announced in 2019, right ? and it only came out last year.

Last edited:
My money is on the next "big" Zelda game. I think it's likely we'll see a smaller Zelda title in the interim (probably a remake of the Oracle games or - hear me out - AoL) or some sort of spin-off à la Hyrule Warriors (given that Age of Calamity exists, Nintendo could try and make a prequel to Tears of the Kingdom instead... though they'd have to find a way to keep Link in the picture).

Metroid Prime 4 and the next major Mario game on the other hand will be out early in the system's life cycle.

If I had to go for a "dark horse" in this race... whatever Monolith is doing next may be teased early on but not arrive until later.

Zelda because Nintendo feels obligated to announce new games for that series as early as possible to build hype. I guarantee you at the Switch 2 Presentation or whatever, they will announce a new Zelda is in development along with a brief teaser and concept art, and then we won’t actually see it release until close to the end of the Switch 2’s lifespan.

Guys, it won't be Zelda. Nintendo finally listened to the internet horde for once and commissioned a new The Legend of Zelda title from FromSoft, and it's, um, nearing completion. Y'all don't have to worry about it.

Hopefully Switch 2 won’t need this type of announcements. In 2017 Switch was the successor of the worst Nintendo Flop, they announced MP4, Bayonetta 3 AND pokemon SwSh to reassure the fans. Switch 2 will be in a much better position.

I hope not Pikmin again but…

Probably Pikmin again. At least the turnaround will probably be shorter than 10 years? But I can totally see Miyamoto say “Oh yeah, we’re working on it!” and then… crickets for 5 or so years…

to be honest, nothing. I think Nintendo has learned from announcing these games as they did. I suspect both of these were supposed to come out much sooner
This, but for the sake of chaos:
Prime 5

Or a confirmation of "The Next Entry in the Legend of Zelda Series is Under Development"

I don't think they'll have any game announced as extremely early as Bayonetta 3 and specially Metroid Prime 4.

Bayonetta 3 had barely started pre-production for all we know when the teaser was made? And Metroid Prime 4 was in development for like 1 year by the time it was announced.

Tears of the Kingdom was in development for 1.5-2 years when it was revealed, and I know it was for hiring purposes and all, but it was still hella early.

If they do reveal-release cycles like that of Splatoon 3, Super Smash Bros for Wii U and other examples (as in, at most, announce mid/early in one year to release fall of the following year) then it's completely fine. And delays happen, so, say, an hypothetical Animal Crossing announcement for 2025 that ends up slipping to 2026 is completely fine.

We all know Nintendo probably didn't learn their lesson and will announce Zelda early again. I just hope it's not as early as Tears of the Kingdom. If they announce it in 2025 and end up releasing in 2027 it's fine, but please no more announcing games you know won't come for more than 2 years.

My bet is Zelda, because it's my favorite franchise and life likes to play tricks on me.

Plus, I could see Nintendo doing like they did with Tears of the Kingdom, and announcing early on that a new one is being made to create hype only for its development to stretch for a few more years after that.

Of course, they don't need to say they're making a new one for us to know that they are, but they'll do it anyway because it'll generate hype around the Switch 2.

Of course Bayonetta 4 and Metroid Prime 5

Beat me to it. I am curious to see if Nintendo funds any more Bayonetta games. I do think we will get a Trilogy collection on SNG. 1440P 60 fps would go a long way, especially for Bayonetta 3. Maybe add a short three chapter epilogue for Bayonetta 3 if they aren't going to continue the series.

The next big Zelda game probably. It’s one franchise where they do consistently announce its next big iteration years in advance.

I agree with everyone saying Zelda.
What are your thoughts on a new Mario RPG (could be paper or something else)? We'll have had 2 remasters in the space of a year, but going by the Paper Mario series' launch history another game won't come for at least 4 years.
The early announcement would be to retain hype for those who bought into the remasters.

I'm always waiting for the next big Zelda whether they announce it or not. The imagination goes particularly wild now, though.

We've hovered around a similar performance ballpark of the WIi U / Switch for more than ten years now. Now we're most likely getting a PS4+ level device, a 6X graphics leap from the current Switch, an octocore CPU, with modern technologies like DLSS and RT.

The types of experiences the Zelda team could generate on this level of hardware will be quite something. TotK squeezed a lot out of the hardware but I still believe their ambition was held back.

I curse you all to openish zone Star Tropics with Zelda like dungeons announced with a logo 3 years before a trailer and 4 more years until launch.

I get the feeling that Miyamoto will probably say something about a new Star Fox in an interview like he did with Pikmin 4 and that's the only way an announcement like that will repeat, I think they learned not to show games that just started development again.
That implies hoever asks them anything about Star Fox. With the disappearance of E3, interview opportunities have diminished significantly.

And even when there are interviews this kind of game tends to be ignored. When I think that no one was interested in asking any question about 2D Zelda in recent interviews, I think it’s not even worth thinking that anyone cares about Starfox unfortunately.

F-Zero: NX

It will be announced at the reveal. After a series of increasingly unfortunate accidents, the source code will be lost multiple times and they will have to start over. Ultimately the game will be cancelled due to high development costs, and Captain Falcon will be deleted from Smash in a controversial patch as Nintendo seeks to bury the memory of the franchise.

I have to imagine Nintendo has learned some lessons since 2017, and won't announce games like that anymore, right 😅

But yeah Zelda probably

I have to imagine Nintendo has learned some lessons since 2017, and won't announce games like that anymore, right 😅

But yeah Zelda probably
Some of the times when games are announced super early it's for recruiting reasons. They want to write "the sequel to BOTW" in the hiring ad.

So start it off, I think the game this will end up being is a new Star Fox game (😭😭😭) and it'll be announced at the January 2017 equivalent presentation for this console!!
It would have to be a very ambitious Star Fox game. If it's another remake of the original game like 64 and Zero were then I don't think it would take an entire console life to release. I don't know if Nintendo considers Star Fox a franchise worth putting a lot of money and resources into.

I click to the thread. I see that the joke "Metroid prime 4 will be the metroid prime 4 of switch 2" has already been said multiples times. I leave the thread.

Welcome to Hell

Image_from_iOS.0.jpg
why didn't you photoshop the metroid prime 4 logo in there

Zelda is always late but for good reasons, it does still gets pushed through and released in a timely matter.

Only games I can imagine are games that are ambitious in scope and not a 1st party title, new IP and from a different studio Nintendo owns or contracts work out too.

So my bet is a 3D platforming Donkey Kong, Mother 4 (LOL) or a new Kid Icarus if Sakurai is ever up for one.

they're gonna finally confirm Acid Ghost (a MATURE video game taking place on a cruise ship featuring famous rapper Eminem) is a real thing, but not release the game until the Switch four.

then when it launches the American branch will refuse to promote it after the game receives poor reviews from Europe and Japanese outlets.

they're gonna finally confirm Acid Ghost (a MATURE video game taking place on a cruise ship featuring famous rapper Eminem) is a real thing, but not release the game until the Switch four.

then when it launches the American branch will refuse to promote it after the game receives poor reviews from Europe and Japanese outlets.
... what is this? They promised they were going to revamp that thing into Acid Geist!

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Back
Top Bottom