• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What is your favorite cereal?

What is your favorite cereal?

• Honey Bunches of Oats

• Cheerios (Honey Nut, Apple Cinnamon, or Regular)

• Life [or] Cinnamon Life

• Fruit Loops

• Frosted Flakes

• Cinnamon Toast Crunch

• Reese's Puffs

• Golden Grahams

• Capt'n Crunch, Captain Crunch Berries, or Peanut Butter Crunch

• Apple Jacks

Results are only viewable after voting.
E

Emily

Out of the 10 cereals listed in the poll, which are your favorites?

You can vote up to 2 choices...

Cinnamon Life is me and my sister's favorite, but I always treat myself to Captain Crunch like once a year as well

This poll was made for me

#1: Honey Oh's

B7247644-68E9-49D2-8F14-55DCD093051C.jpeg

#2: Cinnamon Life

9D6DBCA0-4498-48E5-BA86-30AF7C7AF043.jpeg

#3: Malt-O-Meal's Oat Blenders (not Honey Bunches of Oats!)

4500C928-F593-4F76-82CB-1DA6C4F06AC6.jpeg

I am a 30 year-old adult and I have a running top 5 cereals.

So naturally, I voted for Honey Bunches of Oats and Cinnamon Life—since those were the closest options to my favorites.

Attachments

• 0A82E2A4-FB59-40BC-AB39-16132D35D045.jpeg
    0A82E2A4-FB59-40BC-AB39-16132D35D045.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 93
Ok so I've been waiting patiently for a gluten free (and migraine food trigger free) alternative to lucky Charms and it's finally arrived.

365marshmallowgalaxyu.jpeg

The cereal part is slightly faster to get soggy but otherwise it's amazing. They got the marshmallows right. It's truly sublime!

Ok so I've been waiting patiently for a gluten free (and migraine food trigger free) alternative to lucky Charms and it's finally arrived.

365marshmallowgalaxyu.jpeg

The cereal part is slightly faster to get soggy but otherwise it's amazing. They got the marshmallows right. It's truly sublime!
Nice! Migraines are the worst.

That looks pretty tasty. My preference also lies with a Lucky Charms alternative, so we're probably just ahead of the game 😎

Reece’s Puffs are a bit of a guilty pleasure, Honey Bunches of Oats when I’m feeling more responsible.

Nice! Migraines are the worst.

That looks pretty tasty. My preference also lies with a Lucky Charms alternative, so we're probably just ahead of the game 😎
Yes we are!

What I really miss are Oreo-O's. Those are a migraine trigger but so absurdly delicious. Choc PB Cheerios, too, but I won't eat Cheerios until they address the round-up issue.

Lucky Charms is absent. Woe is me.

This thread reminded me that Nintendo did a Mario cereal for Odyssey. Did anyone try that?

Out of the 10 cereals listed in the poll, which are your favorites?

You can vote up to 2 choices...
Why just American cereals ?!!!!

The cereal (whole wheat, oats and honey) I used to love as a child when I was living in Paris, sadly discontinued a long, long time ago... :

Ek6sa8tXIAAzqOK.jpg

I remember with sweet nostalgia that wonderful time when I was 7-8 and was eating those things, waiting for the moment I could fall on my NES Deluxe Set (with ROB, yes) and play the likes of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Punch-Out, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, Mega Man, Ghost n' Goblins, Mach Rider...

I have tears in my eyes recalling those glorious moments 🥲

This is when I became a Nintendo fan, and the fact that I was eating mini CUBES of cereals was premonitory of something to come...

Last edited:
51eDC3w-BsL.jpg

Since I was a kid, this was always my favorite cereal. I couldn't normally obtain it as it wasn't sold in Canada, but every time I went to the states, I would always grab a couple boxes.

Frosted Flakes and Cheerios for me! I'm not really a big fan of the fruity or candy-esque cereals these days.

Life and Honey Bunches for me! My grandma converted me over to her camp at an early age lol

I always thought America's favourite cereal was Grape Nuts.

Where’s Chocapic?

And from the list I only recognize Fuit Loops but it’s kinda meh

I usually just get whatever brand lidl has 🤷‍♂️ pure chocolate with those cereal like blocks that are kinda like meusli bars. But as a kid i loved kellogs!

@Emily Rogers with the quality content. 👍

Honey Bunches of Oats if I want to pretend I'm being healthy. Reese's Puffs when I'm done pretending.

(Also shoutout to the best chocolate cereal out there: Cocoa Pebbles)

It's the Super Mario Cereal, and not just because the box is an Amiibo.

SuperMarioFP.jpg

Unfortunately it's been discontinued for a while now, and i haven't found anything that remotely tastes similar.

It's the Super Mario Cereal, and not just because the box is an Amiibo.

Unfortunately it's been discontinued for a while now, and i haven't found anything that remotely tastes similar.
Oh I didn't know it was an amiibo too. That's cool.

I really like Rice Chex but haven’t had it in ages. Rice Krispies are also the bomb, love the actual snap, crackle, and pop you get after pouring milk!

[x] I don’t live in America…

anymore.

I feel like I’d be a Cinnamon Life guy these days if I were, with the occasional tragic binge of Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Don't eat much cereal anymore, but I used to love those brown sugar mini-wheats.

Got to say, it seems as though you Americans have better cereal options than us over here in the UK...
American cereal shelves: Chocolate Dootdoots, Apple & Cinnamon Mercies, Oh Calvins! with Rainbow Sprinkles.

UK cereal shelves: New Even Milder Cheerios, Corn Flakes with Added Austerity, Weetabix with HP Sauce.

(I think we have equivalents of most of the stuff in this thread at this point, though my local supermarket shelves are pretty bleh aside from stuff like Krave and trash-tier kids cereals like Cookie Crisp. There was an upsurge in popularity for posh muesli and granola years ago that takes up a ton of shelf space now along with those store brand shredded wheat fruit-filled variations and 100 types of Special K)

(I think we have equivalents of most of the stuff in this thread at this point, though my local supermarket shelves are pretty bleh aside from stuff like Krave and trash-tier kids cereals like Cookie Crisp. There was an upsurge in popularity for posh muesli and granola years ago that takes up a ton of shelf space now along with those store brand shredded wheat fruit-filled variations and 100 types of Special K)

SO. MUCH. SPECIAL. K.

It certainly does seem like the majority of the cereal aisle is granola and muesli, neither of which I can say I’ma huge fan of. This thread has inspired me to go and see if I can find anything that might be similar to those in this thread…I’ll let you know if I find anything nice!

As a kid, I adored both Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Crunch Berries. So much sugary goodness. But nowadays when I want a cereal, I usually go for a granola, actually. My favorite is the Nature's Path Pumpkin Seed + Flax variety:
GRA-GR-PumpkinSeed-US-89007U-A1A3.png

It's a more subtle taste with a hint of cinnamon, but I love this stuff.

Lucky Charms is absent. Woe is me.

This thread reminded me that Nintendo did a Mario cereal for Odyssey. Did anyone try that?

I did not, but, the cereal box was also an amiibo, so that was pretty neat.

Edit: oops, I was LTTP on that bowl.

img_20211011_14053726wnjov.jpg

Whole Foods was out of Super Marshmallow Galaxy. None in the back either. Wicked disappointed.

Couldn't find my usual in the poll so posting here: Welsh rarebit with a poached egg on top, not too runny, and bacon, scones, butter, cream, jam (not strawberry), pot of lapsang and some sausages

Couldn't find my usual in the poll so posting here: Welsh rarebit with a poached egg on top, not too runny, and bacon, scones, butter, cream, jam (not strawberry), pot of lapsang and some sausages

Which part of this is the cereal 🥣? The scones?

Which part of this is the cereal 🥣? The scones?
I think you can make breakfast cereal scones, but the whole thing is a quote from the Phantom Thread's breakfast ordering scene - a real solid meal!

My serious answer here is chocolate chip mini Weetabix, which I loved for years until I found a bit of paper in one of them. Never had them again.

Edit: it may have just been a tough bit of wheat but I didn't know any better.

Last edited:
I've been told I have boomer taste in cereal since I like stuff in the vein of Frosted Mini Wheats and Cracklin Oat Bran.

Though of the cereals in the poll, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is definitely my favorite.

I just finished off a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats. I'd say my all time favorite are Oreo-Os, but Cheerios and Cocoa Puffs are a close second.

Back
Top Bottom