• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What If ..? If 3rd party games disappeared, what would you expect the console sales numbers to look like for PS and Xbox? Not Nintendo, the live this

Who lasts longer, and what's the threshold for their success?

• Both hit 30 million, but it's a struggle

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Both reach 50+ million easy peasy

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Sony stands tall from the rubble.....ALONE

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Microsoft is Highlander status...IYKYK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't answer, too much would have shifted in this crazy reality

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Uniomni

Piranha Plant
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
Pretty simple scenario...

All the current 3rd parties collapse due to rampant mismanagement and a pivot to chasing pumps in the blockchain gaming industry...(see Axie Infinity marketcap).

This happened overnight, and now all third parties are functionally obsolete.

Out of the other two console manufacturers, who's going to last longest? And how many consoles do you think they'll move with just their own publishing and development strengths?

I'm withholding Nintendo from this due to this being their normal reality.

If someone wanted to make a sister thread to this on another forum from which we hold no resentment, I wouldn't be upset about it.

To answer the thread I created though, I actually think Xbox would probably move more units, especially in light of the new additions to their studio count.
Without fifa, gta and the sports games, I do imagine it would be a rough first few years but they definitely have the muscles in terms of its to ride it out and turn it around, with let's say a healthy 40+ million consoles sold after around 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom