• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music What album in your opinion has ZERO bad songs?

Carole King - Tapestry
Titus Andornicus - Local Business
Talking Heads - The Name of the Band is Talking Heads
Springsteen - Live 1975-85
Outkast - Aquemini
Lorde - Melodrama
Mekons - Fear and Whiskey (not Loathing, whoops)
Nilüfer Yanya - Miss Universe
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Rosenstock - Worry!

A lot more but that's what I could come up with on the spot.

Last edited:
First one that came to mind:
— Paul’s Boutique by Beastie Boys

More recent ones:
— Dreamland by Glass Animals
— untitled unmastered. by Kendrick Lamar

Wait how did I forget

Coloring Book by Chance the Rapper
GLOW ON by Turnstile

aww hell yeah time to get weird
Sol Et Luna is a fantastic album featuring the Artist and vocalist Mei Ayakura, selecting her personal favorite songs she's remixed from Touhou over the years and making an album that flows into each song, lightly remixing some, and changing the mixes entirely in some cases to reflect her newer style and accumulated skill. Maniacal Degree gets this intense synth, Ancient is a longer song overall with some completely unique sections, and she even made a new original song. I doubt it's for everyone, but as someone who's followed her career since I was in high school, it feels like a love letter to her career.
I could say that about the 10th anniversary Bad Apple!! Compilation album too, but one song covered like 20 times sounds like cheating, so I'll say that for a top to bottom experience, Alstroemeria Record's "Third Ensemble Noir" comes to mind.
Myorenji's House Set of U.F.O. is another album that I feel is perfect- The whimsy of the beginning of the album compared to the technical aspects and techno leaning back half really mesmerizes me. Moriya also did an incredible house set of Mountain of Faith that I'd consider perfect.
Going away from my touhou gushing for a bit though, "Box of Secrets" by Blood Red Shoes completely captures my inner turmoil as a bitchy teenager and I absolutely love it to death. The Protomen's second album, "Father of Death" is absurdly well done, as is their cover album, "The Cover-Up". I'd struggle to give the same praise to the first album as it's rough around the edges, and I definitely skip some. On the flip side, The Megas have been KILLING IT with their smaller albums, giving me no reason to skip anything off of their two latest albums, "Snakes" and "Skulls".
I could be wrong as hell, but I'd also give...uhh...well, any of My Chemical Romance's albums that pass. I'm weak. Sue me.
The last few I can think of is the Samurai Champloo OST [And Nujabes' 'Modal Soul' and 'Metaphorical Music' for that matter], and The Pillows "Happy Bivouac" and "Runners High".

I posted in the thread already, but was suddenly reminded of Any Other City by Life Without Buildings, and will also have to mention that.

Titus Andornicus - Local Business
I listened to The Monitor a lot back around when it was released, but for whatever reason haven't really listened their other albums. I should give this one a go!

One of the only albums I can think of is The Future of War from Atari Teenage Riot. It's a milestone and really paved the way for bedroom producers dabbling in jungle, breakcore and leftfield electronics. The album is a beast, hardcore as hell but with really melodic sensibilities:

Back
Top Bottom