• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Warioware: Get It Together |ST| The Fami is all Here!

Another week, another challenge. This week's challenge, Look Both Ways, is a Double Play with...9-Volt and either Kat or Ana.

Hm. Yeah, you know what, I think I'll take my B-Rank this week and go home, lol. With proper optimization an A feels very doable, need a score probably around 9500 or so? But it is very, very easy for these rugrats to get in each others' way, making this week's challenge not so fun.
It's a fairly rough one this week. My 12506 score gets me to 9%. You're looking to get to about 40 microgames at level 30+ for each character to get to mid A rank.

This week's challenge, My Worst Nightmare, is everyone else's dream come true - a relatively easy speedrun challenge about cleaning things off the screen. You can pick anyone, so go wild. You'll want a time of around 21 seconds if you want an A-Rank - just mind the luck of the draw with your character choices. Wario might not like cleanliness, but I'd say I cleaned that up pretty quickly!

With this week's challenge, we are now halfway through the unique Wario Cup challenges that have come out since launch. Still on a mission to get all golds!

13338 for 12% this week. About 54 microgames. Last week's performance pushed my Wario Cup Status to level 20; the max.

This week's challenge, Cute to Boot...has kinda cute games? Sure, why not. It starts at a decently fast speed, which is probably the most notable thing about it. I feel like I've gotten some pretty rotten luck with the character choices per game - like, I had a decent team but got the wrong matchup on a per game basis. I'll take my 9224 score and my B-Rank for this week and we'll see what next week brings.

This week's seems like a fairly easy one, but it has some vicious time requirements for A Rank. You'll want a time of about 35 to be comfortably in A. 36 seconds just about gets you there. My 34.31 puts me at 6%.

This Week's Challenge, High to Low, is a fun one. The Double Play combination of Mike, a fast but weak shooter who only aims up, and Red, a slow but strong bomber who only aims down, is an inspired combination. Lots of great games that take advantage of the pair, too.

I think the only thing that gets me is that, for these timer based challenges, I dislike the consistency. A run can't be the same and becomes harder to master because Red might spawn where I want Mike to be or vice versa. Or objects will spawn in differently, causing more work in one run compared to another. Not the biggest fan of that.

I finally got to Supreme Supreme Being! Very happy about that.

Nice quick one this week. The only problem is that the Wario hardcore must have insanely inflated scores. My perfect run with level 30+ characters got me a score of 3623, which is only 20%. I hope I'm still in A rank this time next week.

Edit: After swapping characters and getting 3647@18% I want to update my evaluation of this week from "nice quick" to "fuck you".

Last edited:
This week's challenge, You Break, You Buy...yeah, not so bad, though the fast speed at the later levels got pretty tense.

At this point, the main thing holding back A-Ranks is crew levels. After Level 30, the grind to get higher levels is quite a drag. Screw it. I'm taking the 3431 score and B Rank.

Somewhat reasonable one this week even if it appears daunting at first. 13845 gets me to 14%. About 42 microgames.

Oh wow, ended up with an A-Rank for last week. Thought I would get B for sure.

Anyway, this week's challenge, Non-stop Ninjas, is...oh God, a Double Play with Kat and Ana??? I thought you all said this was easy!!

...okay, no, you were all right. It was surprisingly easy. 13778 was my first attempt. Easiest A-Rank in ages, now up to 13%. Noticeably though, I got a lot of repeats even in the same difficulty. Usually the games in these double plays don't loop until 12 games pass, but not this time. Huh.

It's a good thing that using 9-Volt has basically been mandatory for good scores up until now. Plenty of practise with the little shit. My time of 23.45 gets me to 6%. You had better pray for decent RNG; there are some starting point variations that can save 2+ seconds over others.

I'm a little late, but I still got a run in on this week's challenge, Yo-yo Time. And...yeah, it's not 9-Volt that's the problem, it's the pretty rotten RNG that can make or break a good run. It's kinda unfun to have a run so based on that rather than your skill, and that's often the biggest issue with this game's challenges, tbh. I'm gonna settle for my 27 second time.

This week's challenge, Carry On, is your typical "Choose three characters, play a fixed set of games" deal. This time all the games are about bringing things to different locations. Pushing, gathering and retrieving, it's a neat group of 17 that rapidly shifts in speed every so games. Not a bad set, though as usual you're gonna need the tricky characters or a load of prezzies to get good rankings. 3291 is only halfway through B.

This week's challenge, Carry On, is your typical "Choose three characters, play a fixed set of games" deal. This time all the games are about bringing things to different locations. Pushing, gathering and retrieving, it's a neat group of 17 that rapidly shifts in speed every so games. Not a bad set, though as usual you're gonna need the tricky characters or a load of prezzies to get good rankings. 3291 is only halfway through B.
Not "or". Both. The Wario devout are insane. I used my three highest rank characters to get a score of 3578, and that's only just in A Rank at 17%.

I'm pretty late to this week's challenge, Twice as Nice. Aaaand it's another Double Play. With random pairs. Fun!

There's not a lot of rhyme or reason to the pairings beyond free moving character and ridig mobility character. Combos of all sorts appear across all the games. The main goal is to not get tunnel visioned. Easier said than done when one character's death results in losing a life. It gets a bit easier as you go on, and getting Gold shouldn't be too tough, but I'm not ashamed to throw in the towel early and settle for a low B.

I hope you've been practising with Penny otherwise this week will be worse than last. Mercifully, my time of 0:29.45 gets me to 9%. You can save a lot of time in certain games by hitting objects with the same water you're using to maneuver Penny.

She's got her hair tied up in braids, and glasses perched upon her face...

...right, I should be discussing this week's challenge, Starring Penny. This is a timed challenge forcing you to use Penny's unorthodox movement in microgames all about navigation and precision. Things that Penny aren't well equipped to handle. Penny can often feel...sticky. I find it extremely easy to get caught on geometry and extremely hard to go in exact directions. It makes me wish this game had a D-Pad control option sometimes. It's how I feel about the game sometimes, but Penny's lack of precision really sells it. I'm getting my Gold Cup and giving up there, lol.

Pretty easy one this week... unless you want A Rank. You'll need some big, veiny base scores if you want to get up there. My score of 3072 puts me at 19%, whereas my previous attempts at 3055 and 3052 only took me to 24%.

I always wait until Sunday or Monday to do my weekly Wario Cup runs ‘cause I find that it’s much easier to hit A Rank later in the week than earlier. I mean, a B Rank score can always get bumped up to A Rank later in the week, but since you have no way of knowing whether that has actually happened or not before the Wario Cup is over unless you set a higher score, I find it better to just wait until later in the week before even trying, lol.

I'm a little late to the party, but I just cleared this week's challenge, Money, Money, Money! Fitting for Wario, this one features 15 microgames all about money. The pacing felt a little odd, starting super easy before picking up the pace quick, but actually clearing this one and getting the gold trophy is no problem. I've given up on getting A-Ranks at this point though. Too much of a grind.

35 Wario Cups down. We're getting decently far into the back half now.

12293 currently gets you to 13% in this weeks Cup. I'm sure it will go up before the results, but woof. Pick someone easy to control rather than someone with high base score. I can't imagine the speed and luck required to get to 1%.

You know, it's really funny how this week's challenge, IQ Test-o-rama, is so difficult for Penny Crygor, one of the smartest members of the cast. On a normal day she would crush this, but the real challenge with this one is maneuvering in proper ways to answer the questions correctly, not actually knowing the answer!

I'm mostly just happy I got the gold trophy. I find a lot of these precision based logic games pretty tough in Get It Together. It's two levels of quick thinking - solving the puzzle and being able to navigate to solve it quickly enough. Maybe I just gotta give in and choose Ashley or something...

Some awful microgames this week for trying to get a good score. Focus on Jimmy for his better speed. 40.46 currently gets me to 7%.

I always wait until Sunday or Monday to do my weekly Wario Cup runs ‘cause I find that it’s much easier to hit A Rank later in the week than earlier. I mean, a B Rank score can always get bumped up to A Rank later in the week, but since you have no way of knowing whether that has actually happened or not before the Wario Cup is over unless you set a higher score, I find it better to just wait until later in the week before even trying, lol.
That's why I like reaching A Rank early in the week. It almost certainly means you'll stay in A Rank by the time the results are out. It doesn't happen often, but I have had my % go close to B Rank by results day.

The Ice Climber and tear collections ones slow me down so much for this week's, holy moly.
For the Ice Climber one I had Jimmy break the wall to his left, wait for the icicle to drop, then break Penny's wall before getting him out. Then you can focus on getting Penny out before the icicle near the exit forms. For the mermaid one you just have to be lucky with how they spawn.

These double plays continue to really boggle my mind. Not in their structure, no. This week's Challenge, A Surprising Combination, has some annoying microgames, yes, but what really gets me more is focusing on two characters with two different styles of play. A common problem I suppose. I can't complain with a comfortable B-Rank and Gold Trophy, though.

Fairly nice one this week... Unless you want A Rank in which case it's an unending nightmare trying to get the plant in the final microgame enough water. 3192 is currently 17%. I don't think I have it in me to try for a better score.

Seeing microgame compilations themed after shared ideas is one of the most fun aspects of the challenges. Case in point, this week's challenge, Bring a Towel, is all about water! Meaning that Penny gets an easy time for once, haha. Of course, not gonna do much good for an A-Rank, but it's an easy gold trophy!

I thought this week's would be a disaster; five characters with odd movement in an endless Cup? It wasn't too bad. My first proper attempt got me a score of 13031. Currently 6%.

Yeah, I concur. This week's challenge, Tough to Master, is...not that bad? Like, sure, an A Rank is hard, but the challenge itself, getting the Gold Trophy? I've dealt with a lot worse in this game. Wario is slipping a bit.

Nice easy one this week. Need at least sub-30 to have a chance at A Rank currently. 0:29.01 gets me to 9%. It seems like the character RNG doesn't make much difference for this one, which is nice.

This week's challenge, Fun with Projectiles, us the first A-Rank I have gotten in weeks. Given my constant B and C streak, that should speak volumes. I actually found that a little bit of RNG helped, but I think I could've nailed it at some point without it. I joked that Wario was slipping last week, but he seems genuinely generous this time.

This week's challenge, Enough with the Heroics, is one of the stronger Wario Cups conceptually. The idea of being the hero can go in a lot of ways and this set brings a lot of diverse interpretations of the concept to the table, from saving the planet to cleaning up a house.

Getting an A-Rank is gonna come down to purely how much your squad is upgraded. The norm for these score based challenges!

Some absolutely brutal microgames for my highest scoring characters this week. Currently a score of 4057 gets me to 12%.

This week's challenge, 27-Volt is...a Double Play with 9-Volt and 18-Volt. I think whether or not you'll have fun can be summed up pretty quickly there.

Luckily, going for a gold trophy is pretty easy, only requiring a score of 5400. Getting an A-Rank...well, a score of around 9000 got me in 12%, though I don't know how long that'll last.

Cool idea for a challenge this week. Pity that, like last week, 9-Volt has to make everything that much more difficult. 0:54.46 currently gets me to 8%.

This week's challenge, Back to Basics, is...a choice. A speedrun of the tutorials? Gotta commend Wario for originality, at least. There's a good tension to doing basic tasks normally meant to be done at your own pace in a fast and frantic environment.

I got a time or around 58 seconds - don't think I'll be holding onto my A-Rank, but I don't wanna do that 9-Volt section again lol

This was an unexpected but cool one! Kind of hoping they'll do the other tutorials later. And yeah, the 9-Volt section was probably the worst. So easy to lose a lot of time on that one...

Some nice microgames this week, but a rough A Rank score threshold. 3496 got me 21% 3502 got me 20%. I've got to hope and pray for a kind distribution of points this week or I might finally miss an A Rank.

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

This week's challenge is a set of 16 microgames that oscillate in speed from slow to fast to slightly slower to faster and so on, raising in difficulty at set intervals. The 16 games you play are fixed but can appear in slightly different orders, and you get scored depending on your characters.

After a few weeks of more creative Wario Cups we're back to this. I'm starting to really dislike these because getting a good rank is less on character choice and your skill in the microgames and more whether or not you've grinded up your characters, which is a massive time sink. Do I even have much to say about That's Pushing It? The microgame set isn't bad. That's cool. Pushing is a fun gimmick. Like always, there's one or two tricky microgames that can ruin a run near the end. But the structure sours it. I much prefer the "beat as many microgames as you can" challenges for a score based mission system.

This week's challenge, Magic Formula, is a neat one! We're back to an endless score challenge, thank goodness, but this one has you switching between Ashley and Penny. They both have free movement and can shoot in all directions, but their movement controls are effectively reversed, so each game has you going back and forth in terms of how to control your character. Going from one of the most precise characters to one of the least precise is definitely a mental challenge. Hope you like speedy games, because this one starts fast and only gets faster!

If you want an A Rank, you'll need a score of at least 11707 - I'm barely there right now and will probably drop. A gold trophy is a lot more manageable.

So, I almost missed this week's Wario Cup. A shame that this week's challenge, On Repeat, is, uh, kinda bland? 16 microgames at max difficulty and consistent speed. Choose any characters and do it in a fast time. No real incentive to choose the trickier characters, just pure speed.

It's not bad, but not particularly creative, ya know?

...I did do last week's challenge, Expect to Collect, but I didn't have much to say about it. Oops!

As for this week's challenge, Wise Guys, we got a Double Play with two very different characters. I think that gets in the way more than the actual characters themselves. So close to the A-Rank with 11535, but no cigar.

What a rough combination of characters this week. It took some getting used to to break the 30 microgames mark. Now back to Xenoblade.

EDIT:

Particularly rough A Rank time required this week. RNG's a bitch too for getting a good time. Something around 40 should put you comfortably in A Rank.

We're also down to the last four Wario Cups, soon some of us will be free from this weekly torment.

Last edited:
This week's challenge, The Ringers, is a timed challenge using 9-Volt, 18-Volt, and Pyoro.

Yeah no thanks, I'm taking my 47 seconds and my gold trophy and stopping there for the sake of my sanity, lol

Absolute fucker of a challenge this week if you're using the highest scoring characters. 3885 gets me to 21% which I'm sure will end up being A Rank by next week. I'll probably try again later in the week to confirm. I'm so close to all A Ranks that I won't leave it up to chance any more.

Back
Top Bottom