• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Warioware: Get It Together |ST| The Fami is all Here!

Josh5890

Adept
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
1200px-WarioWare_GIT_Angry_Employees.png

Release Date: September 10th, 2021 (All regions)
MSRP: $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99
Developer: Nintendo / Intelligent Systems
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1 -4 players
Controls: Traditional button controls
Controllers: Joycons and Pro Controller
Online Multiplayer: Yes, subscription to Nintendo Switch Online needed

Metacritic: 76
Opencritic: 77
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Game Modes

Switch_WWGIT_2021_eGDP_MainMenu_SCRN.jpg

Story Mode: Wario and his friends are trapped inside their company’s latest game—and only you can help them by clearing microgames. Play this first to unlock more characters and modes.

Variety Pack: Looking for a totally frantic party game to play with friends? Take on 10 wacky games with the crew of WarioWare, Inc.

Wario Cup: A rotating weekly challenge where players can win trophies to earn in-game currency. By turning on Ranked Mode***, players can also fight their way up the leaderboards against players worldwide or friends that are also playing the game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous entries in the franchise:
145px-Wario-ware-inc-mega-microgamesUSA.jpg
145px-Wwt.jpg
145px-WWDS.jpg
145px-Smooth_moves_cover.jpg

145px-WarioWare_Snapped_logo.png
145px-USWarioDIY.png
145px-Box_NA_-_Game_%26_Wario.png
145px-WarioWare_Gold_NA_cover.png

The fact this thread has been abandoned with no posts at all makes me sad. 😭

Is the heavier focus on multiplayer really that off-putting for people? :cautious:

The fact this thread has been abandoned with no posts at all makes me sad. 😭

Is the heavier focus on multiplayer really that off-putting for people? :cautious:
I played it and enjoyed it, like I do all WW, but Dread is taking up all my headspace right now lol

WarioWare was a very pleasant way to spend September. After Gold brought back the best of the old, I appreciate the new direction this entry got. It's missing some of the presentation and bonuses of prior games, but I still had a great time with it!

I'll probably be playing it less since October is a busy gaming month, but I'll be popping in for Wario Cups and slowly clearing out high scores and missions.

Ran through it on multiplayer with my sibling in one day and it was amazing! Excellent experience and I have zero regrets purchasing it. The bit with Penny was a pleasant surprise (and that song is a heck of an ear worm) not to mention she feels, imo, like the best character, even if she is tricky to use in the beginning.

That said, I feel as if I understand the lack of continuing conversation about the game, as I don't find myself going back for high scores in the individual micro games like I did in past entries - even though there's more fun/randomness to be had thanks to being able to play through any game/stage as the whole company crew. I thought the bonus games this time around were fun too, but the best ones also benefit from multiplayer. (Although props for including two different and terribly silly Smash-esque micro games amongst them.)

...Also, are Spitz and Ana just destined to fall to the bottom of the rankings thanks to being locked to second player? Ah well, at least my Ana can maintain her 100% win rate this way...

The current Wario Cup where you are controlling two Pyoro simultaneously is brutal, lmao.
I was doing well and then suddenly it just kept falling apart.

Pyo!

Good game. Big fan of all the WarioWares and the main gameplay gimmick is a great idea, was a good way to shake things up. Going through trying to get all the achievements, need to finish the score requirements for the minigames towers.

Still have no clue what we t wrong with the game's presentation though. We went from Gold having substantial, fully voice-acted cutscenes to GIT not even having ending cutscenes and the opening cutscenes being abridged as fuck. Feels like they had less of a budget somehow, when it should've been the opposite.

Fantastic game. But I binged it job stop the first four days and had to get back to NTWEWY. I want to go back to it because I still have to do some unlocks and want to do the challenges.

At first I struggled a bit with the various control schemes but then when I hit my groove I ended up loving it. Second favorite entry behind Gold.

Ran through it on multiplayer with my sibling in one day and it was amazing! Excellent experience and I have zero regrets purchasing it. The bit with Penny was a pleasant surprise (and that song is a heck of an ear worm) not to mention she feels, imo, like the best character, even if she is tricky to use in the beginning.

That said, I feel as if I understand the lack of continuing conversation about the game, as I don't find myself going back for high scores in the individual micro games like I did in past entries - even though there's more fun/randomness to be had thanks to being able to play through any game/stage as the whole company crew. I thought the bonus games this time around were fun too, but the best ones also benefit from multiplayer. (Although props for including two different and terribly silly Smash-esque micro games amongst them.)

...Also, are Spitz and Ana just destined to fall to the bottom of the rankings thanks to being locked to second player? Ah well, at least my Ana can maintain her 100% win rate this way...
Big same to the bolded. Such a delightful treat, even if the track has refused to leave my brain for nearly a month now. I want it in Smash, lol.
I also really love how it has different variants of the song depending on if you win or lose the Microgames in Penny's Mix. The "bad" lyrics do a good job of remaining in character too!

Good game. Big fan of all the WarioWares and the main gameplay gimmick is a great idea, was a good way to shake things up. Going through trying to get all the achievements, need to finish the score requirements for the minigames towers.

Still have no clue what we t wrong with the game's presentation though. We went from Gold having substantial, fully voice-acted cutscenes to GIT not even having ending cutscenes and the opening cutscenes being abridged as fuck. Feels like they had less of a budget somehow, when it should've been the opposite.
I'm very of two minds when it comes to Get it Together's story. On one hand, the voice acting is sorely missed, along with the ending cutscenes to the stories. On the the other hand, the fact that the storyline involves the crew interacting with each other almost all the time was a nice change of pace that made them feel more like friends. Wish we got the best of both worlds there, but alas.

Wario cup keeps pulling me back in to this game. It's furiously addicting

Yup, I like the weekly challenges. I just have too many games to play so after beating the main story I use it ass filler when I only have a couple minutes.
Really wish the Switch had a quick resume feature, it would be perfect for this and Animal Crossing.

Feels like that's the trouble with daily/weekly things. There's only so much time, and there are so many things competing for that time. Having unique challenges for each week is ambitious, but with so much going on it'll be tough for me to keep up.

In retrospect, procrastinating on playing Samus Returns until this week was...a mistake.

I'm very of two minds when it comes to Get it Together's story. On one hand, the voice acting is sorely missed, along with the ending cutscenes to the stories. On the the other hand, the fact that the storyline involves the crew interacting with each other almost all the time was a nice change of pace that made them feel more like friends. Wish we got the best of both worlds there, but alas.
Agreed. The crew interaction scenes were nice, but I don't know why they included normal opening cutscenes for the levels but not endings.

Here's my current score with this week's Wario Cup. I think there's some room for improvement. Should note that my Pyoro is level 40 currently.

image0.jpg

This is a pretty hard Wario Cup, but it's also my favorite so far, because it forces you to radically change your approach to microgames in a way other modes don't. Sorta akin to Wario Ware Gold's wacky side modes in a way, which was one of my few big issues with this game, but it seems like the wacky side stuff is hidden behind Wario Cup!

By the way, something that is helpful for every Wario Cup: I'd suggest remaping start to Y. Pausing is actually one of your most valuable resources for score chasing in any Wario Ware game, since it gives you valuable time to think, and you can pause a lot in quick succession for microgames that require more thought to them.

I've been enjoying this game a LOT. The characters add a lot of diversity to the microgames, and the weekly Wario Cups are an absolute treat!

Oh my god this Pyoro weekly challenge, I'm dying here haha it's brilliant. I feel like this is a game I'd struggle to post or say much about here on Fami but also I think it's wonderful. It's exactly what it promises and great for it

I feel like not putting any time into the Pyoro mini games in the previous WarioWare games put me at a disadvantage in this week's challenge. Still, I got to A rank unlike last week, so I can't complain much!

I need to get around to picking it up. The impressions in the old Nintendo thread on the old place got me wanting to check it out sometime

The only WarioWare game I played before this was Smooth Moves, and this game is already looking to oust it from the top spot. I definitely think you'd enjoy it given the chance.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how to run the online multiplayer? A friend of mine and I were trying to figure it out last night but it didn't seem to be quite so clear cut on how to start it, or even unlock it if necessary

It's pretty great. Gold still takes it for the better fundamentals, let's say, but as a co-op game???? Perhaps the best on Switch

The only WarioWare game I played before this was Smooth Moves, and this game is already looking to oust it from the top spot. I definitely think you'd enjoy it given the chance.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how to run the online multiplayer? A friend of mine and I were trying to figure it out last night but it didn't seem to be quite so clear cut on how to start it, or even unlock it if necessary
I might get it. I have a few other things to play right now so I don't want to add too much on me. I probably will later in the month or next month

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think there is actual online multi :( after the story you can log your score on Wario Cup and compare friend scores that way but I thiiiink that's it. All the other stuff you see is local only.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think there is actual online multi :( after the story you can log your score on Wario Cup and compare friend scores that way but I thiiiink that's it. All the other stuff you see is local only.

Ah damn, was afraid of that. Thanks for the heads up though! We were so confused though and thought it was just because I haven't unlocked much in story mode at the time and the back of the box says compatible with NSO haha

Ah damn, was afraid of that. Thanks for the heads up though! We were so confused though and thought it was just because I haven't unlocked much in story mode at the time and the back of the box says compatible with NSO haha

It's a bummer lol my partner is super into Nintendo games generally and will normally play things with me but I'm SOL with Warioware lol I'd love for there to be some sort of online component to play with folks!

Over a month later and I am still loving this game tremendously. The multiplayer modes are really fun when you can get people together for them, and I think the Wario Cups will keep me playing for the next year. I hope we get more like the double Pyoro one, because as frustrating as it was, it also so addicting to play.

Are there any videos yet of someone getting a good score on the newest cup? I did pretty well and ended up at only B rank.

Are there any videos yet of someone getting a good score on the newest cup? I did pretty well and ended up at only B rank.
Somebody on my friends list got under 28 seconds within the first day and I was dumbfounded. I barely got into A rank and I don't know how much better I can optimize it.

Somebody on my friends list got under 28 seconds within the first day and I was dumbfounded. I barely got into A rank and I don't know how much better I can optimize it.
My next best just gets me into A at nearly 29 seconds, I think. I hope a bunch of chumps show up this next week with weak scores to keep me in A rank.

This week's was interesting, playing as characters with slightly awkward movement for the games provided. My time was 0:30.50, right at the cusp of B and A, but there's room for improvement here. Gonna aim for that A Rank!

EDIT: I'm getting some pretty big variance on the NSMBU microgame. My first run had a layout that took like 3 seconds to clear, but one layout I could clear in about a second. Accounting for me just not being all that great at the microgame, I think that will affect times a lot.

EDIT 2: Got a 0:28:60 attempt - got a better NSMBU and overall better play, but I did much worse on Appealing Mask. Still, that's a safe A Rank for the time being!

Last edited:
I got silver on the latest cup pretty quickly, but gold feels like it's going to take some work.

Quoted by: Leo
I got silver on the latest cup pretty quickly, but gold feels like it's going to take some work.

I got silver quickly and was like "shit I need to do it in 20 seconds less??" But then I just kept playing and got it without much effort eventually with 4 seconds to spare. I think it's more about luck than anything else once you already know how to approach each level.

I love these weekly challenges though, I always go back to the game to complete them and work a bit more on the other missions too. I predict I will be doing this for a long time, it's really fun.

I got it without doing anything too special, I think luck counts a lot. Just try to be laser precise in the easier microgames and try and hope for the best in the most difficult ones (the one that gave me most trouble was the pop the balloon with Jimmy). You will get it eventually.

This week's challenge is an all 18-Volt barrage, aiming for a high score of 8000 for gold. I got 9586 after a second attempt, but it's just BARELY in A Rank. May need to jump in again to hold onto the title.

EDIT: A few more attempts got me 12629. A much safer A Rank - top 5%!

Last edited:
Just did 14052 on the last Wario Cup.
These challenges keep me playing the game weeks after weeks, I really enjoy them a lot!

Here's my scores for each of them (yeah I keep them on a Google Sheets lmao):

nPZRMzE.png

Just did 14052 on the last Wario Cup.
These challenges keep me playing the game weeks after weeks, I really enjoy them a lot!

Here's my scores for each of them (yeah I keep them on a Google Sheets lmao):

nPZRMzE.png
Those are some seriously impressive scores. Consistently in the top percentiles, that's easily gonna continue this week! Great stuff.

Those are some seriously impressive scores. Consistently in the top percentiles, that's easily gonna continue this week! Great stuff.
Thank you! At the beginning I had planned to be top 1% to every cup but it ended being to frustrating imo, so I try to get Gold cup / A rank everytime at least! Currently I'm top 3% this week 🙂

Unfortunately I don't subscribe to NSO so I can't get in the leaderboards, so I'm limiting myself to getting gold in the weekly challenges, but I'm enjoying them very much. Little by little I'm also working on clearing all of the missions, although I will miss the multiplayer ones by default.

Ugh I haven't kept up with these challenges at all.

We're expecting a year of content and then they repeat right?

Unfortunately I don't subscribe to NSO so I can't get in the leaderboards, so I'm limiting myself to getting gold in the weekly challenges, but I'm enjoying them very much. Little by little I'm also working on clearing all of the missions, although I will miss the multiplayer ones by default.
I still gotta do the missions too! I did most of the story ones and unlocked all of the mini games, but I got quite a ways to go there. I need to get some friends so we can do the multiplayer missions.
Ugh I haven't kept up with these challenges at all.

We're expecting a year of content and then they repeat right?
Yep, looks to be 52 unique challenges.

Oh hey, Nintendo tweeted about this week's challenge:

Another time challenge? I can see myself heavily using pause tricks for this one. I'll report back once I've done my attempts!

A super late bump, but I can confirm that I used a lot of pause strategies to beat this one. I tried to go for high points with Penny, but eventually gave up and went for Young Cricket. Got a score of around 5900 if I remember correctly? It was a safe A rank, around 14%, but it felt really close, what a challenging Wario Cup.

I feel like I'm falling behind in points due to my character levels. Gotta grind them up a lot more at some point.

We get a new Wario Cup today - wonder what it'll be...

This week's challenge is a timed Double Play - beat 16 microgames while controlling both Dribble and Spitz as fast as you can. Funny, just as I talk about my characters being too low leveled, my lowest leveled characters get an event based on time and not points. Huh.

...anyway, my record is 0.32.40 - in the top 10% of A-Rank for the time being. Some of these microgames were tricky to speed through with both Dribble and Spitz, but it's the same set of 16 each time, so practice makes perfect!

This week's challenge, Time Out, is...an all Kat and 9-Volt run. Hoo boy.

Pairing the two most unwieldy characters in games of precision and timing is a devious move. More devious is that the games speed up extremely quickly, every 3 microgames. The set of games that they give you is small at the least, I had to pause a lot to regain my bearings. It's a short yet intense challenge that ramps up quickly and where it's extremely easy to lose a good run at the very end.

After two hours of attempts, my high score is 4414 - an A rank, but only top 16%. What a brutal game...

Time Out is so rough LOL. I'm awful at it and cant get higher than a 2500! The speed just gets to be too much at some point!

I completely forgot about Wario Cup after the first few weeks. Are you still able to access them after the fact or do you need to have logged in that week?!

Quoted by: Leo
I completely forgot about Wario Cup after the first few weeks. Are you still able to access them after the fact or do you need to have logged in that week?!

You can access and play the challenge, but you can't get in the leaderboards anymore.

Didn't play the game for the last 2 weeks so I missed last cups. Tbh it kinda killed my willingness to play since I wanted to A-rank all of them :(

Me, seeing more posters in this thread:

frankenstein-its-alive.gif

For everyone struggling with Time Out, keep at it! With good luck and lots of patience you can get a good high score. An A seems to be around the 4000 mark, but getting a gold is a more manageable 3500.

Back
Top Bottom