• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Warioware: Get It Together |ST| The Fami is all Here!

Today, Nintendo uploaded Penny's Song to their social media channels. This track plays during the Penny's Mix stage and can already be freely listened to from the Break Room by viewing Penny's gallery, but it's nice to see an official upload of the track.

...but better yet, they also uploaded a Spanish version of the track that doesn't appear in any version of the game, so far as I know.

Cristina Lucía Jáuregui (the singer for both the English and Spanish versions) killed it. This tracks quickly warmed it's way into my heart, and now 2021's best video game song slaps in three different languages!

This week's challenge, Speed Trap, is a 14 round gauntlet of microgames at various speeds at maximum difficulty. The games bounce back between slow and fast speeds, but luckily they are in the exact same order each time.

After the extremely tense games from last week, this challenge is pretty relaxing, though their difficulty should not be underestimated if you want a good score. After a few attempts of trying to get all perfects, I ended up with 2552 with Penny, Young Cricket and Mona - unfortunately, a B Rank. It really does feel like you gotta grind hard for prezzies to make it far in Wario Cup sometimes...

This week's challenge, Opposable Fun, is another timed challenge, this time with Jimmy T. I find the trick here is to remember to not just dash recklessly. You can get more precision out of dashing and letting him fall down, guiding him with the Left Stick as he descends.

My first record was a 31.25 - good for a gold and a B Rank. There's a lot to optimize in this one, especially since the games are always in the same order.

After how difficult Time Out was, I don't mind having these more relaxing challenges for a bit, haha.

This week's challenge, Intro to Gravity, features 15 gravity based microgames, all at maximum difficulty. This typically means pushing or knocking around objects. This one starts easy, but gets faster every 5 games to a significant degree.

Missing all but the last game netted me a 2695 - a very low B Rank, which goes to show that most of the people who've stuck around have spent a lot of time upgrading their characters.

Tremble before my might.

FGFdvZ0VkAUlIcu

This week's is interesting. I think this is the first Double Play where the two characters don't play similarly?

oh hey, I'm not the one making the first post this week, nice

This week's challenge, Mother and Son, is a Double Play pairing together the mother-son duo of 5-Volt and 9-Volt. As @Harpoon noted, this is the first Double Play featuring characters which play radically differently, and hoo boy, it feels wild. There were a lot of times where I let just one character do their thing while the other just vibed, lol. My weakness isn't 9-Volt but actually 5-Volt. In particular, the clock game in certain arrangements and the rinsing game can be kinda frustrating with her all or nothing movement. Still, I like the challenge of using the two very different move sets.

I wouldn't say I'm on @Semajer's level, but I'm glad I got a score of 15,508 - even at half the points, it's my first safe A in a while.

The weekly Wario cups have been really fun and have kept me coming back! I don't typically do too well at them, but they're still entertaining, and I really like seeing what new weird stuff they come up with. The Double Play ones have been particularly cool!

The last few challenges have been on the easier side compared to the first ones (at least for me who don't play online and am done when I get the gold trophy), but they're still so much fun.

The current one is so creative, when the microgame starts you have to think about both characters positioning and which one you will use, and if the other one will get in the way or not, but you obviously have only one or two seconds to do that. I loved it.

And as I come back weekly, I'm also making progress on the missions. For some reason I can't do the Jimmy level level with all. I've done all the others including the harder ones, but this one always gets me. The boxer microgame where you have to hit the sandbag twice is a bitch, ugh.

oh hey, I'm not the one making the first post this week, nice

This week's challenge, Mother and Son, is a Double Play pairing together the mother-son duo of 5-Volt and 9-Volt. As @Harpoon noted, this is the first Double Play featuring characters which play radically differently, and hoo boy, it feels wild. There were a lot of times where I let just one character do their thing while the other just vibed, lol. My weakness isn't 9-Volt but actually 5-Volt. In particular, the clock game in certain arrangements and the rinsing game can be kinda frustrating with her all or nothing movement. Still, I like the challenge of using the two very different move sets.

I wouldn't say I'm on @Semajer's level, but I'm glad I got a score of 15,508 - even at half the points, it's my first safe A in a while.

Yeah, I usually just focused on one character over the other. It worked for the most part, but I think that's largely thanks to the microgames they selected here; there wasn't anything too crazy.

Yeah, I usually just focused on one character over the other. It worked for the most part, but I think that's largely thanks to the microgames they selected here; there wasn't anything too crazy.
They did a good job of balancing this one. If the microgames were too chaotic, then this challenge would have felt impossible. Instead it feels like a manageable

This week's challenge, Kick it Up a Notch, is short and sweet - 15 easy microgames, but at extremely fast speeds. Spent a way shorter time getting an okay run. 4665 is an easy gold and a solid B-Rank, though I could absolutely do better. I need to load my crew with prezzies...

Are there any shortcuts I'm missing in this weeks Super Mario World challenge? I've run through the levels pretty much as fast as I think is possible, getting below 50 seconds, but that's only good enough to get me a B rank at 26%.

Oh, now this is more my speed.

This week's challenge, Super Mario World Marathon, challenges you to run through the three courses of the Super Mario World boss microgame as fast as possible. The trick? Each level gives you a specific character. Level 1 gives you Penny, Level 2 gives you Master Mantis, and Level 3 gives you Lulu.

I think the run killer is the Lulu segment. There has to be a way to get to the horizontal Skewer before it closes, right? That should be the key to getting an A-Rank. For now, I'm settling with a B-Rank and a flat 50 second time. But I'm gonna keep trying to figure this one out, because A-Rank is so close.

Last edited:
Not to double post so soon, but I just got a time of 0:49.03, which is enough for A-Rank by a safe margin (top 9%). No need to speed past the horizontal Skewer early!
Are there any shortcuts I'm missing in this weeks Super Mario World challenge? I've run through the levels pretty much as fast as I think is possible, getting below 50 seconds, but that's only good enough to get me a B rank at 26%.
I think it comes down to good execution at that point.
  • For Penny, try going forward as much as possible for maximum speed. I can usually get a time of 0:17.5 or so, give or take 10 milliseconds.
  • For Mantis, minimize the amount of jumping you do if possible. Stick to the ceiling when you can to skip jumps.
  • For Lulu, it's all down to good timing with your leaps. Lulu is the fastest when jumping, so always do that. You'll have to do some close shaves with some Skewers and especially the Thwomps, but it IS possible.

Not to double post so soon, but I just got a time of 0:49.03, which is enough for A-Rank by a safe margin (top 9%). No need to speed past the horizontal Skewer early!

I think it comes down to good execution at that point.
  • For Penny, try going forward as much as possible for maximum speed. I can usually get a time of 0:17.5 or so, give or take 10 milliseconds.
  • For Mantis, minimize the amount of jumping you do if possible. Stick to the ceiling when you can to skip jumps.
  • For Lulu, it's all down to good timing with your leaps. Lulu is the fastest when jumping, so always do that. You'll have to do some close shaves with some Skewers and especially the Thwomps, but it IS possible.
Thanks. It's good to know that your rank percentage rises dramatically the closer you get to the 49 second mark. I'll give it another go tomorrow and try to shave half a second off. I tried for a long time to get past that horizontal skewer, but I don't think it's possible unless there's a way to desync the first two.

Edit: I managed a 48.70, which puts me at 3%. Pretty happy with that. I don't think I've seen such a high increase in rank from improving my time by less a second before.

Last edited:
That challenge seemed impossible at first, but I managed to make it in 49'30". The Lulu section is the trickiest, I think there's a lot of things you can do with her physics to get faster.

The latest Wario Cup is a fun one (and sounds like we may get more like it?), but oh god Penny's microgame. I just cannot find a reliable way to do it with her. Pyoro's can also be kind of tough, but it's not as bad.

Also I hope they do more cute art like that Christmas one, haha.

The latest Wario Cup is a fun one (and sounds like we may get more like it?), but oh god Penny's microgame. I just cannot find a reliable way to do it with her. Pyoro's can also be kind of tough, but it's not as bad.

Also I hope they do more cute art like that Christmas one, haha.
Penny's is the worst of the bunch. I'd suggest pausing once you've read the question; then figure out what solution you can create that is easiest for you to manoeuvre yourself into.

Much love to everyone keeping the thread alive this week! And speaking of this week...

This week's challenge, Wario's All-Stars, has everyone involved! Each crew member has one microgame to their very own, and you gotta survive for as long as you can. I gotta agree with everyone else here - Penny's microgame was a devious choice, though I also found Ana's pretty awkward. Some of the pairings feel perfectly natural, like with Red and Dribble. Regardless, get far into the third level of games and you can get yourself a good score for sure. Like my 10569, which for now is good enough for an A Rank.

So this week's challenge, Wario's IO Test-o-rama, is a test of knowledge, precision, and attention span. The microgames are relatively consistent but require thought to get the right answers and care to properly select them.

so naturally i gotta do it with Penny, the singer-scientist who is as smart as she is imprecise to control. i made a huge mistake.

Matching Masks and The Waiter Awaits can do die in a fire.

one day you will thrive, Penny

...so, uh, I gave up and chose Young Cricket and it went better, though I had to win a lot of microgames. Fuck it, 13341. A Rank. Top 13%. Good enough for me.

Pretty easy one this week. Needed a couple of runs to see how how Pyoro wins some of those games and managed 7% on my first proper attempt.

This week's challenge, More Pyoro?, is a double dose of the lovable red bird. I'm not the best with these double plays, nor am I the best with Pyoro. I think it all just gives me too much to worry about. It took me a few solid attempts to get to an A...and a lot of restarts. But I'll take top 10% with a 0.33.45 time.

So, never played a WarioWare game. Is this something that can be played alone? I know it’s meant for co-op. With that said, what’s the incentive to keep playing? Looks like there are weekly challenges?

So, never played a WarioWare game. Is this something that can be played alone? I know it’s meant for co-op. With that said, what’s the incentive to keep playing? Looks like there are weekly challenges?
You can play the entirety of the story mode in either single or multiplayer. The only multiplayer only stuff are some bonus games you unlock. Microgames are adjusted based on the number of players, so the game works in both single and multiplayer pretty nicely. Each playable character approaches the microgames differently too, giving a lot of replay value if that's your kind of thing.

Besides the main story (which in true WarioWare fashion is pretty short) you have high scores to go for (both for full levels and individual microgames), missions that serve as an achievement system, and the aforementioned weekly challenges found in the Wario Cup unlocked after you finish the game. You also can use currency earned to buy prezzies for the playable characters in postgame, which unlocks color customization and increases their score when used in Wario Cup (though you don't need to max their levels to get good scores).

You can play the entirety of the story mode in either single or multiplayer. The only multiplayer only stuff are some bonus games you unlock. Microgames are adjusted based on the number of players, so the game works in both single and multiplayer pretty nicely. Each playable character approaches the microgames differently too, giving a lot of replay value if that's your kind of thing.

Besides the main story (which in true WarioWare fashion is pretty short) you have high scores to go for (both for full levels and individual microgames), missions that serve as an achievement system, and the aforementioned weekly challenges found in the Wario Cup unlocked after you finish the game. You also can use currency earned to buy prezzies for the playable characters in postgame, which unlocks color customization and increases their score when used in Wario Cup (though you don't need to max their levels to get good scores).
Hm, seems decent. I see there’s a demo so I will check it out. I am guessing you’ve got a lot content out of it?

Hm, seems decent. I see there’s a demo so I will check it out. I am guessing you’ve got a lot content out of it?
According to my Switch, I got 35+ hours out of it. Weekly challenges give me a good reason to come back for an hour each week. If you're the kind of player who likes replaying for high scores you'll get a lot outta this.

I had to switch up my usual team to earn enough points from a perfect round to get A rank this week. You need a score of 3000 or so to get to 17%.

I got less than two hours out of the game and haven’t touched it since launch week. It was a bit of a bad purchase for me, personally.

I got less than two hours out of the game and haven’t touched it since launch week. It was a bit of a bad purchase for me, personally.
Yeah, if you just want to play to completion I would not recommend this game - doesn't exactly have the longer mingames of past WarioWare games either, which could make a difference.

Anyway, might as well discuss this week's tournament, The Most Dangerous Game, filled with spikes, fire, and other obstacles that will kill your crew....and your run. The scarier thing, though? The score requirements for an A. You either need to use very difficult characters or have them leveled up significantly higher than I got to get a better score - my 2697, a perfect run, got me a mid B rank.

So screw it! They want you to use 9-Volt, Lulu, and Kat? Then fine, you win. Only means you get to see me lose at the last 5 games a few...dozen times. Thanks, Wario. Two hours and several, several attempts later, I did it. A perfect run.

You wanna know the very best part, though?

I didn't even get 3000 points. 2969. Fucking nice.

Screw it. It's an A. Lowest of possible A's. I'm done. I can't do this anymore.

I think you're going to want a score of around 8000 for A rank this week. I panicked a used a bunch of valuable prezzies on 18-Volt when I really didn't need to.

Ooh, this week's challenge, Let the Music Move You, is all 18-Volt! Like with all the single character score based challenges, it starts off deceptively easy before both the speed and the difficulty quickly ramp up - pretty tricky to keep a precise aim without pausing a bunch. Maintaining 40+ rounds to get an A Rank is quite difficult, but I can't complain with a score of 9911 after 50 rounds. So close to 10000, but hey, top 5%, I'll take it.

I think you're going to want a score of around 8000 for A rank this week. I panicked a used a bunch of valuable prezzies on 18-Volt when I really didn't need to.

Can confirm that this is still accurate - a score of around 7500 was still a high B.

Ooh, this week's challenge, Let the Music Move You, is all 18-Volt! Like with all the single character score based challenges, it starts off deceptively easy before both the speed and the difficulty quickly ramp up - pretty tricky to keep a precise aim without pausing a bunch. Maintaining 40+ rounds to get an A Rank is quite difficult, but I can't complain with a score of 9911 after 50 rounds. So close to 10000, but hey, top 5%, I'll take it.

Can confirm that this is still accurate - a score of around 7500 was still a high B.

You're doing god's work. This makes me want to pick it back up and get on this week's challenge.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus may be released, but the WarioWare train never stops.

This week's challenge, Best Day Ever, is a time trial through 18 set games, increasing in difficulty at specific intervals. You can choose any set of three characters to take on the challenge, so my recommendation is to pick the game's best characters and go as fast as you can. The biggest factor is then your own skill and getting good luck with character choices.

Every second counts for the A Rank. 27.65 wasn't enough, but 26.60 currently is, just BARELY. I could see myself losing the A if more hardcore players drive the time down.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus may be released, but the WarioWare train never stops.

This week's challenge, Best Day Ever, is a time trial through 18 set games, increasing in difficulty at specific intervals. You can choose any set of three characters to take on the challenge, so my recommendation is to pick the game's best characters and go as fast as you can. The biggest factor is then your own skill and getting good luck with character choices.

Every second counts for the A Rank. 27.65 wasn't enough, but 26.60 currently is, just BARELY. I could see myself losing the A if more hardcore players drive the time down.
The random factor is rough for this one. 0:25.81 got me A Rank at 16%. I could probably manage better, but the RNG for the stages coupled with which characters are selected would be a pretty grindy time.

Last edited:
Grossly inflated scores required for A Rank this week. My three level 30+ characters only got me to 28%. This might be the first week I don't A Rank.

Edit: Spent some prezzies and my new score of 3448 gets me to 21%. If previous weeks are any indication I should get bumped to A Rank when more people attempt the cup just to get the rewards. I hope. Please.

Last edited:
YO MONA

IT WOULD BE REAL NICE OF YOU NOT TO SCREW MY RUN UP AT THE VERY END SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROW, OKAY???

...ahem. This week's challenge, Better With Age, features old dudes. Sure Wario. Why not. It's one of those "three difficulties, but the speed shifts wildly every 3 games" challenges. But those high scores are absolutely absurd. A perfect run, a score of 3262? A mid B. No way to get a higher score unless you grind for those prezzies, I guess. Or perhaps all the more casual players who keep the score lower with less grinded up characters are sticking to Legends Arceus this week.

My fears for missing A Rank for last weeks challenge were unfounded. I ended up at 10% from the 21% I started on. This week's challenge however... Fuck. It's an RNG mess. My time of 50.90 puts me at an embarrassing 34%.

My fears for missing A Rank for last weeks challenge were unfounded. I ended up at 10% from the 21% I started on. This week's challenge however... Fuck. It's an RNG mess. My time of 50.90 puts me at an embarrassing 34%.
Wish I could say I was that lucky - I got a measly 23%. So close yet so far...

And speaking of this week's session, it's Pyoro Time! A speedrun of the Showdown stage that, yes, is an RNG mess. Ironically it's one of the more fun ones to play? Just not to speedrun, I suppose, what with the number and layout of hazards shifting per run. My time of 53.16 isn't great - a firm C Rank that might bowl over into a B when all is said and done.

I applaud your dedication and hope that your sanity is still intact.
It wasn't really that bad. I just had to have higher standards; like no longer than 3 seconds per RNG-heavy character, and optimising movement better. I can give some per character tips if you're going to try again.

Another week, another challenge. This week's challenge, Look Both Ways, is a Double Play with...9-Volt and either Kat or Ana.

Hm. Yeah, you know what, I think I'll take my B-Rank this week and go home, lol. With proper optimization an A feels very doable, need a score probably around 9500 or so? But it is very, very easy for these rugrats to get in each others' way, making this week's challenge not so fun.

Back
Top Bottom