• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Warioware: Get It Together |ST| The Fami is all Here!

How do you guys rate this compared to others in the series?

It seems like an underrated title. Is it good if you like high score chasers?

How do you guys rate this compared to others in the series?

It seems like an underrated title. Is it good if you like high score chasers?

I think it's easily a top-tier WarioWare title but then I also would probably "rank" them all pretty similarly lol. It's probably not much different than any other WarioWare if you're interested in high scores, it's fairly similar to Gold in giving you a whole host of challenges to complete but the rewards are much less interesting (character recolours and boosting your online scores) which is maybe its biggest flaw in comparison to old games.

The weekly Wario Cup challenges are pretty neat and unique this to this title, I don't get all that into high score chasing but if you were motivated by scores and competition it seems like a great mode other than the fact it's not a purely skill-based field - you have to pour rewards into the characters to boost your score.

I think I've heard some people be a bit bothered in general with the slightly RNG aspect of all the different characters that have their pros and cons in certain microgames but you can choose your characters in most contexts and overall it's still some smart, interesting design in service of making a 2-player co-op WarioWare. Party multiplayer-wise it's also extremely cool and fresh, though a bit hard to teach casual players all the different character mechanics.

This week's challenge, Shake Well, felt quite front-loaded in its difficulty. The games all about spinning range from some late game microgames to some of the earliest, and a lot of those earlier ones are the ones you see later. Probably good in the sense that it makes repeat challenges easier to do, especially since all the games are set to max difficulty and a high speed. Not a hard gold but definitely a hard A rank.

I think @Stopdoor put this game's appeal pretty well! The game is meaty if you want it to, with the main downside being less unlockables than the older games. And hey - if you wanna do all the Wario Cups in order, the game's year anniversary is coming up. Only two more challenges after this week's before we start all over again.

Absolute fucker of a challenge this week if you're using the highest scoring characters. 3885 gets me to 21% which I'm sure will end up being A Rank by next week. I'll probably try again later in the week to confirm. I'm so close to all A Ranks that I won't leave it up to chance any more.
Two days and an additional 10 points later and I'm at 9%.

We're at the penultimate challenge, and this one's a doozy. This week's challenge, Lights Out, seems simple enough at first. We got high speed microgames with dark backgrounds and lighting gimmicks, but you can choose any character, and it's an endless challenge, so getting a good score shouldn't be that bad, right? Well, unlike the other endless challenge, there's no room for error. One loss and it's game over.

This is yet another example of an easy Gold trophy but a difficult A-Rank. Choosing safe characters can easily get you to the 5400 points required before the microgames reach max difficulty, but getting that kinda score places you firmly in the C rank and below. I wish everyone good luck!

It is finished.

This week's challenge, Pyoro Double Play, is a fitting final challenge - the final boss with the Wario Cup's unique Double Play rules, all while requiring you to do the whole thing in under a minute to get the gold trophy. Clearing this challenge means any player since launch can now say they've done every single Wario Cup - and truly dedicated players can have an official 100% clear if they've gone for every single high score challenge the game has to offer.

If the Wario Cup's main goal was to keep players coming back for a year, then I'd say it succeeded for me. Every week I found myself booting up Get It Together to see which new challenge it had for me, long after when I would have normally stopped playing. I wouldn't say the system was perfect. Some of the challenges felt a little too RNG heavy based on character choice, and the prezzie system, while cute if you just aim to get to level 30 with each character, becomes a slog if you want to grind each character to max. I long gave up on that goal, along with the goal of getting all A-Ranks, and just stuck to the much more achievable trophy system, which helped alleviate some of the pain.

As for the game as a whole, Get it Together took a novel approach to the formula and it mostly succeeds. The multiple play styles challenge you in different ways, keeping the different microgames fresh across several plays. More casual players can stick to the simpler characters while those who want a tougher challenge can choose the tougher ones, especially when that can lead to clearing the game's many missions or getting higher points in the Wario Cup. The Wario Cup also did a great job of getting you to use all the characters in the roster. Of course, this means that the characters can often vary in both utility and fun for each microgame, which is a give and take when it comes to high score runs, but you can at least set the challenge with curating a team in most modes. It's not as pick up and play friendly, but it can provide a satisfying play experience to master your preferred characters - even for her weird controls, I loved Penny, for example.

The game's big weakness comes in its lack of bonus content compared to the previous titles in the series. You have the usual high score challenges for microgames, and you got some multiplayer challenges, but not much in the way of unlockable minigames. The two sources are longevity are the Wario Cup for solo players (already discussed that) and the multiplayer modes, which are fun but loses some of the party friendliness due to all the different playable characters. I can see a dedicated group of friends who all played the game having a lot of fun, but it might be overwhelming to others, even with the chance between microgames to mess with the controls.

Overall, I enjoyed Get it Together as a solid WarioWare entry - the first truly new game in the classic structure since Smooth Moves, and it's a structure that still works wonders. I recommend any fans of the previous games or any high score fans to pick this one up if you haven't already. If you have a dedicated friend or family member to play through the campaign with or to do the missions with, even better, with the caveat that Wario Cup is single player.

It was fun posting here every week, my first real contribution to an ST on Fami, but after every Wario Cup and 50+ hours of playtime, I think my time with Get it Together is finally coming to an end. For now, I'm comfortable getting my last cup rewards and putting this one back on my shelf.

I started panicking earlier because I realized I had missed last week’s Wario Cup, the only one I’ve missed this whole time, and I thought I was going to have to wait another whole year before I’d get another chance to do it and get 100%…but fortunately that’s not the case, since all Wario Cups are now unlocked for offline play! Guess I didn’t need to be stressing out about completing these every week after all, but oh well, it’s nice to have it finished now, lol.

Last week's was rough. I left it on 22% and was lucky enough to be bumped up to A Rank. Sub-50 seconds gets you to A rank this week, and if I stay there that will be A Ranks for all the Wario Cups. God I hate this game.

Last week's was rough. I left it on 22% and was lucky enough to be bumped up to A Rank. Sub-50 seconds gets you to A rank this week, and if I stay there that will be A Ranks for all the Wario Cups. God I hate this game.
You made it out in one piece, with all the A's to show for it. Embrace your newfound freedom.

You made it out in one piece, with all the A's to show for it. Embrace your newfound freedom.
If only that were the case. There are lots of gold prezzies that aren't filled out on the Likes/Eh section, and the quickest way to earn them is getting A Rank. I'm still trapped here until my task is complete or madness takes me. I don't know if I'll bother levelling up every character to the max though, so that's a small comfort.

Well, it was a nice reason to boot the game up all year, even if I didn't take the high scores super seriously. This was a real great game overall, wish there was something new like it releasing this year.

I really did love the Wario Cups and how they got me to consistently come back to the game all year. I'll miss doing them weekly.

The Wario Cups have restarted as expected. You can upload your previous score for a new ranking, but the standards have risen a lot it seems. My score that reached A Rank last time is currently a mid-D Rank.

I suppose this means you can try out any of the previous cups, get a decent score, and then upload it when that week comes around to get a ranking. I hope my times hold up, I already know some of the earlier score ones won't.

Last edited:
This is quite a bump, but I don’t have a lot of chances for local multiplayer— dug this game out during a session tonight and had such a blast!

Perhaps the upcoming title brought this to mind as I also recently returned to Origami King to complete it ahead of TTYD… but whew regardless this game was a total gem and is underrated.

I started panicking earlier because I realized I had missed last week’s Wario Cup, the only one I’ve missed this whole time, and I thought I was going to have to wait another whole year before I’d get another chance to do it and get 100%…but fortunately that’s not the case, since all Wario Cups are now unlocked for offline play! Guess I didn’t need to be stressing out about completing these every week after all, but oh well, it’s nice to have it finished now, lol.
Your name is familiar... were you a youtuber like 10+ years ago lol Maybe still are.

Quoted by: Tye
Your name is familiar... were you a youtuber like 10+ years ago lol Maybe still are.
Lol, I did make videos occasionally back then, yes. Not a whole lot, and I’m not really active anymore (thanks, executive dysfunction), but you’re probably most likely to recognize me as the person behind the Miiquality movement for Tomodachi Life.

This is quite a bump, but I don’t have a lot of chances for local multiplayer— dug this game out during a session tonight and had such a blast!

Perhaps the upcoming title brought this to mind as I also recently returned to Origami King to complete it ahead of TTYD… but whew regardless this game was a total gem and is underrated.

Yeah, if you can gather some people, the local multiplayer is super fun.

I really enjoyed Get it Together, I don't understand why people are so down on it. It was something new they tried, and I thought it worked very well for that particular entry. The weekly challenges were stupidly fun, as well. I never got the chance to play multiplayer though, I think the game is kinda difficult for casuals to pick up and play, the barrier of entry is too high (learning how to control several different characters).

Very excited for Move It! That one looks like anyone can just pick it up and play immediately and have lots of silly fun.

Lol, I did make videos occasionally back then, yes. Not a whole lot, and I’m not really active anymore (thanks, executive dysfunction), but you’re probably most likely to recognize me as the person behind the Miiquality movement for Tomodachi Life.
lol that's hilarious that I recognized you. Was it Tyeforce?

Quoted by: Tye
I was thinking of going back to this game the other day.

It might not be the series’ best but I had just as much fun with it than the others.

Not that I know this exists I will kept it alive even if it’s an echo chamber of me only , jimmy t is the most fun character to play.

Back
Top Bottom