• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Visual Novels |ST| Let’s-a-read!

Strange that Type Moon VN's don't get a Steam release, you'd think they know there is an audience there.

weirdly it just seems like a Tsukihime thing specifically

Witch On The Holy Night is on Steam already and the upcoming Fate/stay night remastered has been announced for it as well

although the former did take a while to get there so perhaps that's the idea here as well

weirdly it just seems like a Tsukihime thing specifically

Witch On The Holy Night is on Steam already and the upcoming Fate/stay night remastered has been announced for it as well

although the former did take a while to get there so perhaps that's the idea here as well
Oh, I didn't even know that! Which makes this even more strange.

Maybe you're right and they'll port it later to Steam.

Personally I wouldn't buy Tsukihime until the second half of the story is released.
Do you mean 'the other side of red garden'? Curious when that will be released, I don't think it even has a release date.

Tsukihime is so long I'd take a little break between releases tbh even if it means I'm not playing as the original was. Witch was so iconic in its length... Wish more VNs could tell a story as well and as quickly as it did

Oh, I didn't even know that! Which makes this even more strange.

Maybe you're right and they'll port it later to Steam.
At first it seems they wanted to grow their audience on console (it worked cause Witch sold well) but then they ported it lol. I guess its a bandwidth thing I expect it on steam a year later like Witch.

Did I change my avatar to Jill from Va11 Hall-A in time for this thread to float up? Yes I did.

You are right, it has no release date and that is why I wouldn't buy Tsukihime now.
I understand. It will take a while until we get the entire thing. This Tsukihime released in 2021 in Japan, so 4 years for a western release. Other side garden probably won't release until next year at the earliest or beyond and I don't expect a shorter time period for a localisation.

Tsukihime is so long I'd take a little break between releases tbh even if it means I'm not playing as the original was. Witch was so iconic in its length... Wish more VNs could tell a story as well and as quickly as it did
I view these longer VN's as a book I'm reading. I don't mind some of them being very long, but I agree it's refreshing to have a good VN that's short as well.

At first it seems they wanted to grow their audience on console (it worked cause Witch sold well) but then they ported it lol. I guess its a bandwidth thing I expect it on steam a year later like Witch.
Probably aiming for double dippers haha.

I've been buying way more VN's on pc nowadays, thanks to Steam Deck. Portable is the way to go for VN's.

Currently playing Digimon Survive

Man, that is pretty dark for Digimon isn’t it?

Completed chapter 3 and well, seeing a mental breakdown and death, that was something.

Currently playing Digimon Survive

Man, that is pretty dark for Digimon isn’t it?

Completed chapter 3 and well, seeing a mental breakdown and death, that was something.
Digimon has had this dark undertone specially since tamers are usually kids, but I think Survive really brought it forward. I sometimes forgot this game was rated T

It's not exactly a VN, but I've been playing Suzerain the last couple days and it hits just right as a largely text-based political sim/CYOA, aside from some minor sloppiness in word choice. It took about eight hours to complete and there's always the option to play through again making some radically different choices (instead of being a centrist, for example, or taking a different approach with family and other personalities).
The Suzerain expansion, Kingdom of Rizia, just launched. Unfortunately, it appears to be Steam-only, but if you haven't jumped in yet there's a combo of the base game and the expansion for only $12.58. The base game's also seen some significant updates in the time since I last posted about it.

Slay the Princess, y’all.

I was playing it at a friend’s house and it floored me. The premise in and of itself is interesting enough but what it does with storytelling tropes, occasional 4th wall stuff and extremely self-aware, dark humor is just nothing short of brilliant. I was completely hooked from the get-go and really have to get it on my own someday to continue seeing what it has in store.

I knew going in that it was going to be an interesting experience at the very least, and was expecting some of its storytelling twists, but it was the brilliant writing that shook me the most, it’s incredible stuff.

I started Robotics;Notes in my journey through Sci/Adv. And in comparison to CC and Steins the vibe is very laid back which makes sense its the only T rated game in the series (maybe I missed one of "sequels). It reminds me very much of SSSS.Gridman or SSSS.Dynazeno anime. So far its been a nice experience (super early).

finally getting to Attorney of the Arcane and it's turning out really nice surprisingly. i forgot how much i missed ace attorney and the courtroom drama and all. some of these cases are close to series' best too

Q. Will it have English text?

Thank you for taking an interest in IWAKURA ARIA. Although we only have Japanese subtitles at this moment, we are working on English subtitles as well. We will do our best to bring some good news for VN fans overseas.

I started Robotics;Notes in my journey through Sci/Adv. And in comparison to CC and Steins the vibe is very laid back which makes sense its the only T rated game in the series (maybe I missed one of "sequels). It reminds me very much of SSSS.Gridman or SSSS.Dynazeno anime. So far its been a nice experience (super early).

I had a really hard time with Robotics;Notes. Everything was just so.. carefree. It felt like the plot needed some tension to keep things interesting.

I had a really hard time with Robotics;Notes. Everything was just so.. carefree. It felt like the plot needed some tension to keep things interesting.
Yeah I agree, the first time I got somewhat tension was when Akiho had an "episode", the art was striking at the atmosphere changed. I am still early so, I agree the plot has not had that hook CS or SG had.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/788/G078854/20240404046/

2KGx576.png

Experience is going to release a physical triple-pack that includes all the Spirit Hunter games (the trilogy) for Switch (only) in Japan. Don't know the chances of releasing in the west, but the price is 5,280 Yen or around 35$ (yen has been down). I got them all digital (haven't played the third one yet), but a physical at that price is a bargain.

So the west is finally getting the quintuplets games localized in a double pack. better late than ever, considering they did an effort to promote the IP bringing the movie to other countries.

Izanagi games is going to share some info about the Dark Auction game (the one Rika Suzuki is writing for) this week. Maybe its part of famitsu (since they mention Thursday, the day the magazine comes out).

[To those who support the dark auction.]Dark Auction is currently under active development. Development is progressing, so we will be sharing some updates on the status of development this Thursday. We appreciate your continued support.

※ The image is an in-game 3D model currently under development.

Finished Robotics;Notes Elite, 48 hours, 100% completed (all tips, cg, endings). I really enjoyed my time with the game. It had a pretty good cast, I needed sometime to get used to certain characters (they all have particular personalities lol). VA work was great, I haven't watched the anime but I might to compare the material and the cast.

The biggest criticism I have is how to progress through the different routes (its a linear story which I liked). I used a guide, but if I did not I can see how someone would get stuck on an "ending". That hint system was not great. The UI is interesting and given the year it makes sense.

Finally the story, it was a slow burner specially through the first chapters (or Phases), some where longer than others. But towards the end of each chapter there was a morsel that gives you a motivation to continue. If I were to compare the ending, and much like the game, RN is a much brighter and positive game than CH and SG, it serves as the pallete cleanser of the series.

Next stop is Chaos Child. But I will take a break cause it was a rather long visual novel (TTB says 45, I spend 48 lol). So Ill probably play it in the summer.

Last edited:
This is the update on Dark Auction

Dark Auction Development Progress Report
We will be releasing some screenshots of the game in development!

• A video showing the 3D models currently in development, including the main map.
  • 3D Map
  • 2D screen

* All screens are currently under development

Back
Top Bottom