• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News VGDunkey announces Bigmode, an indie game publishing label

Ever since he went by Meatwadsprite back on Newgrounds, he's been doing the same flippant, dismissive, irony-poisoned-shtick. I was part of the same small community as him on a cartoon hosting website/forum where some of his old Ackbar flash videos were hosted, and he was generally abrasive in the manner in which everything was constantly a 'joke' to him, and nothing was ever serious. Dude was not on the level then and considering since that time he's gone on to get banned from LoL due to his toxicity and be caught on video screaming slurs multiple times and has never apologized for it, I'm going to say it's safe to assume he's still probably not on the level. He's always been like this, and I wish people would do a little more research before assuming that he's apologized for really reprehensible behavior because they think he's funny and entertaining. All that said, I don't see this publishing venture going very well for anyone involved.

Last edited:
Yeah, can’t wait to not support a homophobic piece of shit who knows jack shit about publishing.

man how are so many people followers of this person? The more I read about him the less I get it lol
Same reason Jontron still has a huge following - he's an internet funnyman.

To be a little less reductive about it; both of them, Jontron and Dunkey, and a lot of other similarly toxic creators, have particular flavors of comedy that aren't really replicated or offered by anyone else. So, if any of these particular styles of comedy are to one's tastes, it's either get it from them, or get it from no one. Most people don't know or care enough to understand what kind of harmful behaviors they might be showcasing outside of that comedy. It sucks.

I don't even see how getting a video from Dunkey is really worth it. Looking at the videos he's made in the past year there's a grand total of 3 about indie games, and two of those are the huge hits Neon White and Stray. When 99% of his content is about games that are already mainstream I don't see how this benefits smaller indie devs.

Also yeah dude uses homophobic slurs. The Dunkey who said that five years ago acts exactly like the same guy today so forgive me if I have my doubts he's grown from them.

Honestly, good on him for putting money where his mouth in.

I really think there are way too many youtubers who do nothing but complain about games, without really having a stake in anything. At the very least, instead of complaining how the video game industry is dying or whatever, Dunkey is actually putting his skin in the game and doing something about it.

Even if this endeavor fails, if one indie game gets made and put to market, that's a net positive really.

Also yeah dude uses homophobic slurs. The Dunkey who said that five years ago acts exactly like the same guy today so forgive me if I have my doubts he's grown from them.

It's much more than homophobia, unfortunately. Dude has mostly run the full gamut of bigoted behavior for 'a laugh' multiple times in the past:

As someone with a somewhat limited horse in this race (Still plugging away at my indie game, will be debating taking it to a publisher when it's done for marketing support)...

I see very little reason to be excited here, for a couple of different points:

1) The number of YouTubers successfully making the transition to actual media production is incredibly small. Redlettermedia make funny ha ha film reviews, but none of that transferred to Space Cop. The Nostalgia Doug or whatever his name is was hugely popular at making funny reviews, but his feature length homage to The Wall was garbage.

Being good at making humorous YouTube videos has absolutely zero bearing on whether you know how to run a good publishing company, complete with QA, marketing, negotiations with platform holders and more.

2) Dunkey's particular shtick is to be as ironic as possible. He ironically trashes certain games and ironically praises others, but there is very little about his content that it upfront and sincere. Again, that's fine for making YouTube funnies, but it's less useful if you're a developer relying on Dunkey to get your game out. Publishers don't ironically support their devs games, they just support them.

3) Generally speaking, publishers refrain from discussing other publisher's games. There's no point trying to sell your own product by slagging off someone else's. Dunkeys habit of dragging certain games through the gutter is fine if he's doing it for review or comedy purposes, but it's a completely different story if he's trying to sell his own games.

Man, Dunkey is complicated for me. Oftentimes he'll express a lot of nuance on games, review culture, call out gamers for not being more critical/discerning, but then he'll say shit like in this video, where essentially he's claiming that only the games he likes are the ones worth playing. It really rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, honestly it could totally go well for him, and I hope it does, cause then we all win with more fun games... But this video may be the most egotistical I've ever seen him, which is unfortunate. He seems to think his taste is unassailably good and that him being involved with a project will be a recipe for success.

I dunno! I don't really have a point here. Just kinda feels weird I guess

Thinking more on this (because indie dev/publishing is a big deal to me), I really don't understand what angle Dunkey is going for with this announcement

He wants to support games that wouldn't otherwise get supported by publishers

But he also only wants good games made with passion like Hollow Knight, Undertale or Celeste?

Does he not know that with the current range of indie publishers out there, it's not the Hollow Knights or Undertales that are struggling to find publishers. Supporting games other publisher's won't pick up means putting risks on projects that probably don't have the same instant appeal as those sorts of games.

Since he's apparently got a fairly colorful and toxic past, I guess I won't give this a try.

Are there any other more reputable publishers out there that more or less take requests from complete randos like myself?

i am curious of his effort and we shall see if he will be able to put in the necessary work and dedication.Nothing great comes easy.
the tone of many posters on this thread reminds me a little to much of the purple site so I will take a break.
We will see at the end , maybe you will be right on you predicts.
for now i have to respect the ambition and leaving the comfort zone.
if you liked Hades you might want to check where one of the main people of the studios come from.

Since he's apparently got a fairly colorful and toxic past, I guess I won't give this a try.

Are there any other more reputable publishers out there that more or less take requests from complete randos like myself?
Maybe try Freedom games?

I know Humble has published some games by very small teams, like Ikenfell (everything but the music is all Chevy Ray).

Finally someone is going to be willing to make the Super Mario Bros 2 spiritual successor we've all been waiting for

This user has been banned for one month for handwaving bigoted behaviour and dismissing other users discomfort after using problematic language - BozPaggs, Josh5890, Red Monster, paranoodle, Aurc
I'm gonna be the one against the grain here, while Dunkey has said and done some stuff in the past that wasn't exactly ideal, his level of toxicity is a sliver in contrast to what has and does exist in this space. His videos are usually silly or even very positive in a world filled with 'angry' gamers and toxic hateful mannerisms, people being able to cite moments where he did some bad things is fair, but I'd bet significant money almost no one here has a perfectly clean reputation, they just don't have their entire history stored on the internet. It's clear he's grown and matured more and will likely to continue to do so, likely because he's married to someone who wouldn't tolerate that behavior and is helping to course correct him on said things. Not apologizing for things doesn't mean he does (or doesn't) regret things either, and said apologies always ring extremely hollow either way.

If this one is the one people want to dogpile, i'd be curious what other popular game streamer/content creator they like and how clean their history is.

As for the rest of this, I don't really see much purpose in what he's trying to do here, but maybe there is more on the backend that he knows that he isn't illustrating here, but I presume it won't go far and it'll just become a forgotten phase. If nothing else it explains why a lot of his recent content has been lacking.

I'm gonna be the one against the grain here, while Dunkey has said and done some stuff in the past that wasn't exactly ideal, his level of toxicity is a sliver in contrast to what has and does exist in this space. His videos are usually silly or even very positive in a world filled with 'angry' gamers and toxic hateful mannerisms, people being able to cite moments where he did some bad things is fair, but I'd bet significant money almost no one here has a perfectly clean reputation, they just don't have their entire history stored on the internet. It's clear he's grown and matured more and will likely to continue to do so, likely because he's married to someone who wouldn't tolerate that behavior and is helping to course correct him on said things. Not apologizing for things doesn't mean he does (or doesn't) regret things either, and said apologies always ring extremely hollow either way.

If this one is the one people want to dogpile, i'd be curious what other popular game streamer/content creator they like and how clean their history is.

As for the rest of this, I don't really see much purpose in what he's trying to do here, but maybe there is more on the backend that he knows that he isn't illustrating here, but I presume it won't go far and it'll just become a forgotten phase. If nothing else it explains why a lot of his recent content has been lacking.
I'm not sure "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is a good defense for someone that has used slurs in streams on numerous occasions.

No one is perfect, but not everyone has a history of unapologetically using slurs.

We're not talking about minor affronts here, we're talking about over a decade worth of repeated, documented behavior exhibiting intense bigotry and toxicity and a flippant disregard for the severity of said language. That's pretty serious. I don't think someone like that is beyond redemption or improvement in that regard, but I think it's also perfectly acceptable for people to not be satisfied with radio silence and a simple reduction in that kind of behavior from him.

And there's plenty of other positive voices in youtube games criticism, people like the "Stop Skeletons From Fighting" crew, or TheGamingBrit, or Thorhighheels, or Hyperbithero have been excitedly covering games and the things that excite them about games for years - SSFF for over 15 years at this point. And none of these people, to my knowledge, need excuses made for them in the face of years of extremely deplorable behavior that they had every opportunity to stop doing and chose not to. Dunkey is far from unique in his silliness or his supposed positivity, though, I'd argue that the smug aura that comes from videos like this Bigmode announcement don't pass the sniff test on what I would call 'positivity', personally.

Last edited:
Yeah I definitely dont like the material that people showed me here. However I can remain charitable and say that I have some hope of him being reformed and not a biggot at heart.

In Last Of Us 2 review for example he took a real stance against stupid biggots who trashed the game because of LGBTQ representation.

In any case thanks for the material it will make me keep a critical eye if I consume his media (which I mostly do if really bored anyway)

We're not talking about minor affronts here, we're talking about over a decade worth of repeated, documented behavior exhibiting intense bigotry and toxicity and a flippant disregard for the severity of said language. That's pretty serious. I don't think someone like that is beyond redemption or improvement in that regard, but I think it's also perfectly acceptable for people to not be satisfied with radio silence and a simple reduction in that kind of behavior from him.

And there's plenty of other positive voices in youtube games criticism, people like the "Stop Skeletons From Fighting" crew, or TheGamingBrit, or Thorhighheels, or Hyperbithero have been excitedly covering games and the things that excite them about games for years - SSFF for over 15 years at this point. And none of these people, to my knowledge, need excuses made for them in the face of years of extremely deplorable behavior that they had every opportunity to stop doing and chose not to. Dunkey is far from unique in his silliness or his supposed positivity, though, I'd argue that the smug aura that comes from videos like this Bigmode announcement don't pass the sniff test on what I would call 'positivity', personally.

The amount of people on this forum who have used homophobic, sexist or racial slurs in the past probably matches anything he has ever said or worse, the point being is that in his recent affairs, he doesn't seem to really lean on that language. Are you saying that those who used to, should all be permanently punished? Growth is a thing, and regardless of what yall think, it's happened to you at a point as well. Gamer culture in general is so seclusive that the chances of running into people who have not been socially corrected so to speak, is very high. It doesn't mean I empathize with them in the moment, but if they do move beyond it I'll allow the transgressions to be forgiven, better to have new allies than to permanently complain about prior things.

Also, his 'smug aura' has merit, he does understand very much how games play and function, much more in contrast than other entertainers. He would be able to describe why Fortnite is not mechanically that sound in contrast to something like say, RE4, which might not seem like much, but it matters when dealing with someone in such a mainstream space, it highlights gameplay above all which is not that common.

Aside that, I'd be offended if my massive channel about games was compared to Stop Skeletons, they basically can't go a year without doing a sad face need more money video because all of their content is based on things like, the n64 memory pack. I enjoy that stuff as a very big gaming enthusiast and collector but it isn't even in the same lane.

I'm not absolving things that he's done, and I have no idea if he's grown, but as someone who views his content semi regularly, I've definitely noticed really nothing off lately, I'd be curious to see if there are examples in the last couple years? I personally can't stand listening to the super regressive gamer sorts, so it always seems unusual this particular one seems raked over the coals so often, but maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Kinda annoyed big time that some mutuals on Twitter are willingly doing their best to ignore this and keep applauding dunkey.

Especially when said mutuals claim they are ‘open minded christians’ while some other mutuals are LGBTQs but still defend him.

What to expect when they already defended that fake artist who pretended to be a woman and was in fact a scammer (Ubululu or something like that).

Last edited:
The amount of people on this forum who have used homophobic, sexist or racial slurs in the past probably matches anything he has ever said or worse, the point being is that in his recent affairs, he doesn't seem to really lean on that language. Are you saying that those who used to, should all be permanently punished? Growth is a thing, and regardless of what yall think, it's happened to you at a point as well. Gamer culture in general is so seclusive that the chances of running into people who have not been socially corrected so to speak, is very high. It doesn't mean I empathize with them in the moment, but if they do move beyond it I'll allow the transgressions to be forgiven, better to have new allies than to permanently complain about prior things.

Also, his 'smug aura' has merit, he does understand very much how games play and function, much more in contrast than other entertainers. He would be able to describe why Fortnite is not mechanically that sound in contrast to something like say, RE4, which might not seem like much, but it matters when dealing with someone in such a mainstream space, it highlights gameplay above all which is not that common.

Aside that, I'd be offended if my massive channel about games was compared to Stop Skeletons, they basically can't go a year without doing a sad face need more money video because all of their content is based on things like, the n64 memory pack. I enjoy that stuff as a very big gaming enthusiast and collector but it isn't even in the same lane.

I'm not absolving things that he's done, and I have no idea if he's grown, but as someone who views his content semi regularly, I've definitely noticed really nothing off lately, I'd be curious to see if there are examples in the last couple years?

I don't think most people are beyond redeeming past negative behavior, including Dunkey. Absolutely anyone who is making a genuine effort to improve should be given the opportunity to - and I'm not even saying that he hasn't made any kind of effort. What I'm saying is that this is different when you are a public figure; the difference isn't only that he has his 'entire history of bigotry stored on the internet', it's that he's a highly public figure whose public history is incredibly easy to access, and who has chosen to not make any kind of statement on that years worth of negative behavior or the degrees in which it has likely contributed to normalizing some of that bigotry in the past, given the size and reach he's had for a very long time.

And I think this is relevant when he's asking other creators to stake their claim on him and associate their work with his brand and, more importantly, his reputation. As a dev myself, if I ever went to go talk to a publisher about working with them, the last thing I would want to happen is to get caught up in a scandal related to something I had nothing to do with personally, or for my work to even have an association with something I would later find out to be along these uncomfortable lines. Regardless of how much any of us want to admit it, Dunkey isn't in a 'normal' position when it comes to the affect his behavior, both past and present, has on the world around him because of his platform. If he is making an effort to be better and do right by other people and use that platform for better things, then good on him. That makes me extremely happy to hear. But I also think it's entirely within people's right to be skeptical of how much of an effort he has made, given his silence, and that it's valid to be worried about someone like Dunkey wanting to bring others into this kind of working relationship without ever having been more forthright about his efforts to, hopefully, distance himself from that kind of past behavior.

Love to see people defend some guy who'd call me a slur without a second thought with "whom amongst us hasn't used slurs"

Also the answer to "uhh, what YouTubers do you watch" is pretty simple for me; none. YouTubers; not even once
Especially when said mutuals are pretending to be open minded christians or LGBTQs.

I'm sorry but like, are you saying you have mutuals who are "pretending" to be queer? How would you even know????

I don't think most people are beyond redeeming past negative behavior, including Dunkey. Absolutely anyone who is making a genuine effort to improve should be given the opportunity to - and I'm not even saying that he hasn't made any kind of effort. What I'm saying is that this is different when you are a public figure; the difference isn't only that he has his 'entire history of bigotry stored on the internet', it's that he's a highly public figure whose public history is incredibly easy to access, and who has chosen to not make any kind of statement on that years worth of negative behavior or the degrees in which it has likely contributed to normalizing some of that bigotry in the past, given the size and reach he's had for a very long time.

And I think this is relevant when he's asking other creators to stake their claim on him and associate their work with his brand and, more importantly, his reputation. As a dev myself, if I ever went to go talk to a publisher about working with them, the last thing I would want to happen is to get caught up in a scandal related to something I had nothing to do with personally, or for my work to even have an association with something I would later find out to be along these uncomfortable lines. Regardless of how much any of us want to admit it, Dunkey isn't in a 'normal' position when it comes to the affect his behavior, both past and present, has on the world around him because of his platform. If he is making an effort to be better and do right by other people and use that platform for better things, then good on him. That makes me extremely happy to hear. But I also think it's entirely within people's right to be skeptical of how much of an effort he has made, given his silence, and that it's valid to be worried about someone like Dunkey wanting to bring others into this kind of working relationship without ever having been more forthright about his efforts to, hopefully, distance himself from that kind of past behavior.

I think it's pretty strange to try and call a Youtuber a public figure as such, up until more recently they were just random people doing their normal people thing, but with a potential audience, they were conducting themselves 'socially' in this manner, not like they were at work, they just had an avenue to get paid. Now that it's become more of a profession and expectations are in place, it makes sense to try and clean up the act to a degree. I compare it a lot to the esports scene really, that scene has changed a lot in the recent years from being some dudes in a cafeteria slinging offensive slurs to people trying to conduct themselves as if they are being watched, because they are.

Now many social media and entertainers consider themselves a 'brand' and as such try to conduct themselves in a way that keeps them out of hot water, but I'd call this a definite evolution of recent years and not that typical back in the day. If Dunkey plans on becoming a person who tries to help publish games, I REALLY don't expect him to ever go down the avenue of using such language again.

A lot of people don't understand (or remember) that we're all products of our surrounding, I was fortunate enough to be raised around a pretty good variety of 'types' of people so that I don't have a lot of old baggage I cringe about in this regard, but I have certainly met tons and also been the one to try and correct that behavior, a lot of people just adapt socially and come from a place of hate or misunderstanding, and until people tell them otherwise they may not ever course correct. While this particular issue hasn't been one of my past really, there are plenty of other areas I've cleaned up my social acts on. People who refuse to adapt or listen don't deserve any sympathy, but I see no merit in just hating them to hate them if they are willing to change, if they continue to do so or show no growth then of course by all means, keep pressing them.

Last edited:
this isn't even correct though

I'd disagree entirely, Fortnite is very much a 'trashy' game mechanically, or it used to be, I haven't played it in a few years due to that very element. This isn't to say the game can't be fun or enjoyable, but how it feels to fire weapons and actually engage in combat is ghetto in contrast to many other shooters. It's cool in other ways though, but the mechanics themselves are pretty weak if compared to a game like say, Infinite, where it has strong gameplay mechanics but kind of weak everything else. I have never yet seen a video trying to outline why Fortnite gunplay FEELS so good to play with anyways, which coincides with how it felt to me.

As a Nintendo fan primarily, I notice mechanical differences more than anything, once you start to become that in tune with the games you play it becomes much harder to enjoy things that don't hit those notes as well, it's why I struggle so much with Sony's typical output despite the praise, it just isn't usually that mechanically enjoyable to play. Some players get why a game feels the way it does, and others just say it's very fun and don't really define why, I appreciate when an entertainer can actually do that and also be amusing at the same time anyways.

I'd disagree entirely, Fortnite is very much a 'trashy' game mechanically, or it used to be, I haven't played it in a few years due to that very element. This isn't to say the game can't be fun or enjoyable, but how it feels to fire weapons and actually engage in combat is ghetto
y i k e s

also saying something is trash mechanically without actually going into detail about what the problematic mechanics are and how they’re not achieving their design goals is just “i didn’t like thing” but with bigger words

y i k e s

If you're angry at the use of the word ghetto, don't even start, I was raised in 4 of them and don't appreciate your attempt at correcting how I speak. I didn't even get to eat routinely for the first decade of my existence, people who lived it don't care, which I'm sure is applicable to you if you're actually offended by that word.

kind of don’t know what to make of this sentence, tbh

Love to see people defend some guy who'd call me a slur without a second thought with "whom amongst us hasn't used slurs"

Also the answer to "uhh, what YouTubers do you watch" is pretty simple for me; none. YouTubers; not even once

I'm sorry but like, are you saying you have mutuals who are "pretending" to be queer? How would you even know????
Sorry guys, I’m french and quite tired, my message wasn’t clear at all.

I edited it.

I was saying « Some mutuals who say they are ‘open minded christians’ and other mutuals who are LGBTQs -I’m gay by the way- are also ignoring what dunkey said not so long ago.

If Dunkey plans on becoming a person who tries to help publish games, I REALLY don't expect him to ever go down the avenue of using such language again.

3D Realms openly and proudly keeping a secret homophobic slur in Ion Fury because they believe in freedom of speech and are against « CANCEL CULTURE & CENSORSHIP », and their team saying transphobic stuff on their Discord kinda disagree with you.

But go on, keep believing.

Now many social media and entertainers consider themselves a 'brand' and as such try to conduct themselves in a way that keeps them out of hot water, but I'd call this a definite evolution of recent years and not that typical back in the day. If Dunkey plans on becoming a person who tries to help publish games, I REALLY don't expect him to ever go down the avenue of using such language again.

I think when Dunky said he only will publish "good games" he meant that he will only publish games that call queer people fags

3D Realms openly and proudly keeping a secret homophobic slur in Ion Fury because they believe in freedom of speech and are against « CANCEL CULTURE & CENSORSHIP », and their team saying transphobic stuff on their Discord kinda disagree with you.

Well I'm open minded, what is the most offensive thing he has done in say, the last 3 years? I'm asking in earnest because mostly, I only started watching his stuff in a post BOTW world and from there I didn't really see any of this in his normal YT videos, but did note that it had occurred a couple times, the one I recall most being when his now wife jumped his ass for it.

I guess my point is I'm not really sure what people want at this point, do they want him to be buried alive for his transgressions, do they want him to go publicly apologize just so a bunch of people can say he doesn't mean it, or something else? Is there a constructive desire, or is it just that people want to hate him regardless?

That's fine too I suppose, just seems to me like if a person does manage to overcome bad traits, I think that's better than buckling in forever like so many others do. Maybe my bar is so low just because I expect so little from almost any gamers at this point, it's hard to say.

If you're angry at the use of the word ghetto, don't even start, I was raised in 4 of them and don't appreciate your attempt at correcting how I speak. I didn't even get to eat routinely for the first decade of my existence, people who lived it don't care, which I'm sure is applicable to you if you're actually offended by that word.
your comfort with using the word “ghetto” to describe… * checks notes * …an electronic plaything you dislike is not universally shared amongst all victims of poverty

I would be very surprised if dunkey-published games use slurs or are "anti-sjw"

he was pretty derisive of bigoted commentary surrounding the last of us 2

your comfort with using the word “ghetto” to describe… * checks notes * …an electronic plaything you dislike is not universally shared amongst people who have experienced poverty

I've literally never once met a person who came from an American impoverished situation be offended by that word or using it to describe something that is undesirable, I'd be curious to know where you stand in terms of your upbringing if you're going to decide to be the one who signals for them though, because you'd be the first person I've met who grew up around gang violence and poverty who then also got upset about using that word, and I'm serious when I say that, I'd be amazed. You very much come off as someone who is just trying to be the offense sacrifice for everyone, even the people who actually don't care, I certainly have no issues with the word and I lived through it a lot worse than likely most of the people here in that sense. I appreciate trying to help course correct humanity at points, but this is reaching pretty low I'd say considering.

The statute of limitations on using slurs is 3 years, a single year earlier and it no longer counts

The first step being sorry is apologizing, but also there's no point to apologizing because some people will say he's lying. This means he should never say sorry for what he said

Wait was he involved in this game or the promotion of it or something? I've avoided buying this based on how the team carried themselves but I didn't know Dunkey had anything to do with it.

Well I'm open minded, what is the most offensive thing he has done in say, the last 3 years? I'm asking in earnest because mostly, I only started watching his stuff in a post BOTW world and from there I didn't really see any of this in his normal YT videos, but did note that it had occurred a couple times, the one I recall most being when his now wife jumped his ass for it.

I guess my point is I'm not really sure what people want at this point, do they want him to be buried alive for his transgressions, do they want him to go publicly apologize just so a bunch of people can say he doesn't mean it, or something else? Is there a constructive desire, or is it just that people want to hate him regardless?

That's fine too I suppose, just seems to me like if a person does manage to overcome bad traits, I think that's better than buckling in forever like so many others do. Maybe my bar is so low just because I expect so little from almost any gamers at this point, it's hard to say.
Mate, the people you have been quoting have explicitly told you that they were offended by his language and do not consider that he has 'paid his dues' in order to let him off the hook. It's not your place to tell them that they should leave that behind.

The idea that I need to forgive someone who has actively used harmful language that has targeted someone like me as a queer disabled man, is beyond asinine. And the fact you keep pushing the idea people can change. Like, sure, people can, but I have every right to not forgive or indulge with them because of their history. I'd have "some" understanding if you were a friend of Dunkey and are batting for him, but reading your posts, you seem like you're coming off more like a fanboy, goldenpp72.

Wait was he involved in this game or the promotion of it or something? I've avoided buying this based on how the team carried themselves but I didn't know Dunkey had anything to do with it.

They're citing 3D Realms and the Ion Fury team and an example of working developers/publishers who are perfectly willing to display this kind of behavior, despite being in the business. Dunkey didn't have anything to do with that game.

Mate, the people you have been quoting have explicitly told you that they were offended by his language and do not consider that he has 'paid his dues' in order to let him off the hook. It's not your place to tell them that they should leave that behind.

That's fair, but should it be expected that everyone prescribes to the idea that once done, it can never be undone no matter what? It's fine to write something off forever, but when it comes to discussion on a forum, the continual discussion of it implies that you don't think other people who partake either, which is a very common thing as well. The point here is that is the verdict that everyone should have to hate him even if he has cleaned up, or else? Or is it just a means to vent.. Every single time a topic of his is made? Or what is the desired outcome, is it to effectively ban the ability for anything he partakes in to be spoken of?

I'm asking genuinely by the way, I know when something makes me angry I choose to not partake, but I also actually don't get involved in the subject any further usually, if I keep doing so it would likely mean I have intent beyond just 'I hate that guy'.

I've literally never once met a person who came from an American impoverished situation be offended by that word or using it to describe something that is undesirable, I'd be curious to know where you stand in terms of your upbringing if you're going to decide to be the one who signals for them though, because you'd be the first person I've met who grew up around gang violence and poverty who then also got upset about using that word, and I'm serious when I say that, I'd be amazed. You very much come off as someone who is just trying to be the offense sacrifice for everyone, even the people who actually don't care, I certainly have no issues with the word and I lived through it a lot worse than likely most of the people here in that sense. I appreciate trying to help course correct humanity at points, but this is reaching pretty low I'd say considering.
I grew up nextdoor to an impound car lot, watched my parents dumpster dive, eat squirell, and watched junkies shoot up regularly so I think I'm qulified to say fuck this guy for using "ghetto" to describe games.

The statute of limitations on using slurs is 3 years, a single year earlier and it no longer counts

The first step being sorry is apologizing, but also there's no point to apologizing because some people will say he's lying. This means he should never say sorry for what he said

I don't know how to multi quote here, so apologies. I don't think him apologizing would at all be a bad thing, but I've seen almost universal backlash by the people being apologized to that I myself am not sure what I'd do, I'd probably try to let it blow over and lick my wounds and do some reflecting based on what I've seen anyways. That doesn't make it right, but I get it.

I grew up nextdoor to an impound car lot, watched my parents dumpster dive, eat squirell, and watched junkies shoot up regularly so I think I'm qulified to say fuck this guy for using "ghetto" to describe games.

Well I'm sorry if the word offended you then, as someone who grow up with abusive parents and no money, as well as people of all sorts in a trailer park, it has never once come up until today. Most of us came out of the situation (if we did) with some sense of humor or pride about it, rather than anguish.

That's fair, but should it be expected that everyone prescribes to the idea that once done, it can never be undone no matter what? It's fine to write something off forever, but when it comes to discussion on a forum, the continual discussion of it implies that you don't think other people who partake either, which is a very common thing as well. The point here is that is the verdict that everyone should have to hate him even if he has cleaned up, or else? Or is it just a means to vent.. Every single time a topic of his is made? Or what is the desired outcome, is it to effectively ban the ability for anything he partakes in to be spoken of?

I'm asking genuinely by the way, I know when something makes me angry I choose to not partake, but I also actually don't get involved in the subject any further usually, if I keep doing so it would likely mean I have intent beyond just 'I hate that guy'.
The targets of his slurs do not owe him forgiveness.

No one's calling for banning discussion of him here either, you're just being weirdly defensive of someone who you claim to watch 'semi regularly'.

Bringing up that Dunky used slurs is just part of a conspiracy to destroy him

Us queers ought to keep these things to ourselves I guess

I don't know how to multi quote here, so apologies. I don't think him apologizing would at all be a bad thing, but I've seen almost universal backlash by the people being apologized to that I myself am not sure what I'd do, I'd probably try to let it blow over and lick my wounds and do some reflecting based on what I've seen anyways. That doesn't make it right, but I get it.

I think if someone is actually sorry they apologize

Cool to know that you'd just feel kinda bad about it and move on without it though

Back
Top Bottom