• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic US Politics |ST| The Kyrsten Sinema-tic Universe

Jayapal and the cpc got played. Don't take moderates words for shit. They will always stab you in the back. You need to get something in writing and writing in this case would've been passing BBB first. Hopefully a valueable lesson was learned but knowing the dems probably not lol
There is only so much leverage that the CPC can get and there is simply not enough of them with enough voters behind them to make any difference. Any written promises from moderate Dems are worth nothing. Biden is on record as saying that he's not going to forget black voters and what did he do when he met with the leadership? Told everyone to slow down.

haven't been paying too much attention but it looks like dems once again completely failed to do anything. so it now been a year of Biden in office with nothing to show for it

Consent is being manufactured for war in Ukraine. Jen Psaki says that Ukraine is "our eastern flank" but I looked on this map and can't find Ukraine anywhere

shoFvxX.gif

Consent is being manufactured for war in Ukraine. Jen Psaki says that Ukraine is "our eastern flank" but I looked on this map and can't find Ukraine anywhere

shoFvxX.gif
The people who actually care about this shit fall into three camps imo:
1. politicians desperate to distract from how horrible everything is at home
2. people in NoVa who make money off another war
3. super online people still dealing with trauma from when trump won 6 years ago

I was just thinking:

There will be another mass left-wing anti-war movement in the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, and so on in our lifetimes.

It's already starting to happen.

I'm glad. We need one like in the 1960s and 70s, where you had work stoppages and frequent mass protests and streets being blocked and so on.

I actually do care about the Ukrainian people and am very worried about their future. You know we (people with ancestral histories like me) were once liberated from England and had to fight a battle for our independence. So I am very sympathetic to countries in similar situations that have a bully trying to absorb them for their own personal gain.

Moreover, I fucking hate Russia. Not Russians, but the Russian government since Putin has been in power. I hate him and what he represents with the heat of a thousand suns and I hope every day for his demise. Any time Putin loses, I am happy. To just capitulate to Putin's desires is appeasement.

I will never forgive Putin and his ilk for what they have done to this country through misinformation. I would support us standing in the way of Russia getting Ukraine. We need to punch (metaphorically) that mother fucker Putin right in the nose and make it bleed, so he stops his bullshit. If that means war, so be it. I fucking hate bullies.

I actually do care about the Ukrainian people and am very worried about their future. You know we (people with ancestral histories like me) were once liberated from England and had to fight a battle for our independence. So I am very sympathetic to countries in similar situations that have a bully trying to absorb them for their own personal gain.

Moreover, I fucking hate Russia. Not Russians, but the Russian government since Putin has been in power. I hate him and what he represents with the heat of a thousand suns and I hope every day for his demise. Any time Putin loses, I am happy. To just capitulate to Putin's desires is appeasement.

I will never forgive Putin and his ilk for what they have done to this country through misinformation. I would support us standing in the way of Russia getting Ukraine. We need to punch (metaphorically) that mother fucker Putin right in the nose and make it bleed, so he stops his bullshit. If that means war, so be it. I fucking hate bullies.
This is #3 from my list

Care about them so much you think they should go to war and be killed over things they don't get to decide? interesting stuff

The United States is the biggest bully in the world. If you fucking hate bullies you wouldn’t be supporting US attempts to spark conflict against other countries by raising tensions.

You all are on some Russian kool-aid if you think America is the aggressor here.
Could also simply not want a war to happen where power is held exclusively by oligarchical powers who have no blood in any sort of fight that happens. Also, America is the foremost exporter of right-wing dictatorships.

is putin also making posts about how he wants to start a war to teach somebody a lesson
You misunderstood. I want to metaphorically bloody Putin’s nose so he becomes a dove. How that occurs or what form it takes - who can say. Separately, I want to go to war if Russia becomes aggressive as opposed to, you know, appeasement.

You misunderstood. I want to metaphorically bloody Putin’s nose so he becomes a dove. How that occurs or what form it takes - who can say. Separately, I want to go to war if Russia becomes aggressive as opposed to, you know, appeasement.
I don't think it's worth starting a war where people literally die for a metaphorical bloody nose

Could also simply not want a war to happen where power is held exclusively by oligarchical powers who have no blood in any sort of fight that happens. Also, America is the foremost exporter of right-wing dictatorships.
Hey I’m all for empowering Ukraine to fight their own battle, but the worst outcome is them losing. So I would prefer we intervene just to avoid them bleeding. I’d rather us bleed than them. Give them a break we have enough Call of Duty folks in our military on a hair trigger to give Russia grief. Ever hear the phrase, “Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”

You can couch that anti-American rhetoric. Pure Russian propaganda playbook. Whataboutism at its finest. Russian KGB vintage. Perfection.

Hey I’m all for empowering Ukraine to fight their own battle, but the worst outcome is them losing. So I would prefer we intervene just to avoid them bleeding. I’d rather us bleed than them. Give them a break we have enough Call of Duty folks in our military on a hair trigger to give Russia grief. Ever hear the phrase, “Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”

You can couch that anti-American rhetoric. Pure Russian propaganda playbook. Whataboutism at its finest. Russian KGB vintage. Perfection.
You’re a stone cold dumbass fr

Intervene and then what? You can't just intervene and then just leave when the fighting is over. Thats not how it has ever worked in the history of the world. I really want you think about what's gonna happen once we intervene and if those consequences are worth it

Intervene and then what? You can't just intervene and then just leave when the fighting is over. Thats not how it has ever worked in the history of the world. I really want you think about what's gonna happen once we intervene and if those consequences are worth it
I think we need to think about what happens when Putin always gets his way.

Sorry to disappoint you, but all my Russian friends/contacts/acquaintances/etc. love the hell out of Putin and will probably continue to vote for him.

Even to the ones that don't like Putin and United Russia, it's better them than another Yeltsin and "Time of Troubles" (what they call the 1990s when dead bodies were on the streets and neo-Nazis and far-right groups were prowling the streets and all that).

Sorry to disappoint you, but all my Russian friends/contacts/acquaintances/etc. love the hell out of Putin and will probably continue to vote for him.

Even to the ones that don't like Putin and United Russia, it's better them than another Yeltsin and "Time of Troubles" (what they call the 1990s when dead bodies were on the streets and neo-Nazis and far-right groups were prowling the streets and all that).
Not disappointed at all. Actually I am quite pleased you admitted your political affiliation. I prefer my Putin allies out in the open and not in the shadows. It is so much easier to discuss politics when people aren’t trolling and hiding behind a veil.

Not disappointed at all. Actually I am quite pleased you admitted your political affiliation. I prefer my Putin allies out in the open and not in the shadows. It is so much easier to discuss politics when people aren’t trolling and hiding behind a veil.
I do not like Putin at all. I'm sorry that I upset you.

I do not like Putin at all. I'm sorry that I upset you.
Ahh I misread. You aren’t pro-Putin. Your friends are. You think I would be disappointed by your friends being pro-Putin. I’m not. I really don’t care.

come on man

Look, Putin sucks, but so do tons of other world leaders and unless you're Russian or someone in a country directly adjacent I have no idea why you would care so much about starting a war with him other than American propaganda designed to distract you from the fact of American oligarchs robbing us blind.

Look, Putin sucks, but so do tons of other world leaders and unless you're Russian or someone in a country directly adjacent I have no idea why you would care so much about starting a war with him other than American propaganda designed to distract you from the fact of American oligarchs robbing us blind.
Actually, speaking of American propaganda, this is a good watch. A friend sent this to me.

Talks about how movements are co-opted in the United States.

Putin has been buoying the Republicans for years. His oligarchs infiltrated and buoyed the NRA so now we can’t get meaningful gun reform. Putin and his allies are the leading cause of misinformation in the United States. All the bullshit that has troubled us in recent years is Russian supported and boosted and in many cases Russian born.

I am also convinced that Russian troll farms were originally responsible for gamergate. Signal boosting that whole cause.

We know that Russia has been supporting if not originating Qanon.

Russia has been platforming on RT leftists who criticize American policy in an effort to undermine us politically.

Every rock I lift critical of or troublesome to the United States has a Russian footprint and I know Putin is ultimately behind it.

Putin has been buoying the Republicans for years. His oligarchs infiltrated and buoyed the NRA so now we can’t get meaningful gun reform. Putin and his allies are the leading cause of misinformation in the United States. All the bullshit that has troubled us in recent years is Russian supported and boosted and in many cases Russian born.

I am also convinced that Russian troll farms were originally responsible for gamergate. Signal boosting that whole cause.

We know that Russia has been supporting if not originating Qanon.

Russia has been platforming on RT leftists who criticize American policy in an effort to undermine us politically.

Every rock I lift critical of or troublesome to the United States has a Russian footprint and I know Putin is ultimately behind it.
If you think Putin supporting right-wing movements in the west is bad wait until you hear about what American billionaires have been doing

If you think Putin supporting right-wing movements in the west is bad wait until you hear about what American billionaires have been doing
I’m talking about one Bond villain and you mention there are more. More whataboutism. Is that all you have? I’ve seen it all before. I know the whole playbook.

I’m talking about one Bond villain and you mention there are more. More whataboutism. Is that all you have? I’ve seen it all before. I know the whole playbook.
My point is you're obsessed with one guy who we literally have no power to do anything about, despite what delusional neocons tell us, instead of the numerous people in the US who we vastly outnumber if we ever seriously organized. Putin only has as much power in the US as those freaks allow him to have, he's an extremely useful distraction for them.

My point is you're obsessed with one guy who we literally have no power to do anything about, despite what delusional neocons tell us, instead of the numerous people in the US who we vastly outnumber if we ever seriously organized. Putin only has as much power in the US as those freaks allow him to have, he's an extremely useful distraction for them.
I think you vastly overestimate the power you think you have in your own country. I also think you vastly underestimate the power we have to keep someone like Putin in check.

For example, we just contain Putin until he dies of old age. Problem solved. The problem with American billionaires is that when you get rid of one another one takes their place. The problem with America is a cultural problem. We reward the wrong virtues. We can’t correct our problems at the top. We have to change society from the ground up. That’s a lot harder than the Putin problem and honestly we can’t improve while Putin is in power - his trolls wouldn’t allow it.

Last edited:
I think we need to think about what happens when Putin always gets his way.
What kind of response is this? I asked you to think about the consequences of an intervention and your talking about Putin. People like in Ukraine you realize that right? There will be dire consequences for them if this rises to a violent conflict.

What kind of response is this? I asked you to think about the consequences of an intervention and your talking about Putin. People like in Ukraine you realize that right? There will be dire consequences for them if this rises to a violent conflict.
My sincere hope is that it does not get violent. That Putin takes his toys and goes home and doesn't get what he wants.

I thought that was pretty clear.

Was that not clear?

UXBWuH.gif

Last edited:
Please do not attack or call other users names. If there is a concern about the views being exhibited, please use the systems in place - Donnie, Hologram, Blondkayvon, Rika
You can always stop posting before your make yourself look even more like an idiot, you know.

This is how this exchange went:
Merp: I have family and friends who live in Russia, they prefer Putin to what happened during the “ economic shock treatment” years in the 90’s

You: wow now I know you are a dirty Russian spy posting from a troll farm.

You look like a complete moron posting shit like this. Putin being decently popular in Russia is fucking common knowledge, and everyone who thinks to even open their mouth about Eastern European politics should know how disastrous the collapse of the USSR and the resulting “economic reforms” of the 90’s were for the former Soviet states. People aren’t spies because they pointed out obvious information to your brain dead ass. Read a fucking book sometime goddamn

Blaming everything wrong with the US on Putin is actually pretty Trumpian imo...reminds me of how he said everything wrong about his administration was "fake news"

Instead of holding some weird vendetta against a single person you've never met or never will meet in your life I highly suggest you go ask yourself why you need the deaths of US, Ukrainian, and Russian families and soldiers so you can feel like you have "control" over them. Countless innocents will die and Putin will not be harmed in any single way, or at best, millions will die for no reason but a single persons death that you want so much.

imagine thinking Putin spies are posting on a Nintendo forum with like 50 active members

shit, if I was on Putin's payroll to post online (the offer stands) I'd be like "boss, do you think we're really spreading our propaganda effectively to these 30something techbro neoliberals on a niche video game forum?" and he'd be like "don't worry our secret communist plot is going well comrade, think of it like a vacation" and then I'd go back to singing 3D World's praises

anyway, the idea that Putin is behind the degeneration of western powers is laughable. it's a big cope from liberals to avoid any introspection or reckoning with the material conditions and history of these western powers. we do not need russian spooks to engender reactionary ethos, it is baked in

Oh, it’s BlueAnon. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen someone actively push the ‘everything’s the fault of Russia’ narrative.

What’s a 990 form? A charity accounting expert explains

Most tax-exempt nonprofits must file a 990 form with the Internal Revenue Service every year, typically in mid-May.

The 990 is purely informational. Nonprofits commit to serve an “approved purpose” – such as fighting bigotry, protecting animal welfare or sheltering the homeless – and meeting other eligibility rules. In exchange, they generally don’t pay taxes on the donations they receive or other sources of income. But they must file either this 12-page form or a shorter version of it, in which they report information about their finances, leadership and activities.

The IRS needs this information to verify that nonprofits should keep their tax-exempt status. It reviews 990s and selects some to audit, just as it does for individuals and businesses.

The 990’s formal title is “Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.” Since 1941, these forms have given the IRS an overview of nonprofit finances, including revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities. The form sums up the group’s mission, indicates who sits on its board of directors and states highest-paid employees’ pay.

(...)

One large group of tax-exempt nonprofits isn’t required to file 990s: churches and other faith-based organizations engaged in worship.

The bolded is a major security risk, in my humble opinion.

I've been sort of obsessed with this issue. Modern slavery is a huge issue in the United States.

Headline:

Schools join the fight against human trafficking

Education leaders across the U.S. are trying to figure out how to effectively teach students about the risks and warning signs of human trafficking, which includes being forced into domestic servitude, commercial labor or sex work.

According to 2019 data gathered by the Polaris Project – a nonprofit that fights human trafficking, including sex trafficking – 24% of survivors reported that they were first trafficked before they turned 18.

In 2017, California became the first state to require human trafficking education for students and teachers. Tennessee, Florida and Virginia also now require school staff to receive formal training intended to stop human trafficking.

As cases of human trafficking continue to make headlines, similar prevention and education efforts are being made in schools across the country. Parents and community members in other states may also find similar efforts coming to their communities. As a scholar who studies business ethics – and as executive director of the Center for Ethics and Human Rights at Colorado State University – I recommend school leaders keep five key goals in mind when creating anti-trafficking educational programs.

Let's hope that there will be a mass movement against this.

Americans needed to work five weeks more on average to afford a used car in 2021

New York (CNN Business)Wages are not keeping up with inflation. The price of cars has grown significantly faster than earnings, a new analysis by the Anderson Economic Group found.

The price of new and used cars increased by 11.8% and 37.3% respectively in December 2021 from December 2020, while wages increased by 4.9% in that same period. Supply chain slowdowns, factory closings, and computer chip shortages coupled with demand sent car prices higher.

"Employees need to work three weeks more than they did in December 2020 to afford a typical new vehicle in December 2021," said Dr. Christina Benton, director of market & industry analysis at Anderson Economic Group.

Edit: Okay, I'll stop for now as this is my third post in a row. Sorry for that...

Havana Syndrome is something I am very worried about and think we should get to the bottom of. It's a very strange situation.

Havana Syndrome is something I am very worried about and think we should get to the bottom of. It's a very strange situation.
It's a bunch of spook bullshit even the CIA admits is made up

There's absolutely no scientific basis for secret communist brain beams

It's a bunch of spook bullshit even the CIA admits is made up

There's absolutely no scientific basis for secret communist brain beams
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/02/us/politics/havana-syndrome-radio-energy.html

We know with the Solar Winds hack that Russia can introduce hacks that will propagate through software updates.

What if the Russians (or someone else) were able to hack some surveillance equipment at the manufacturer level - hacked the firmware - so that these devices can harm the individual using them. This would explain why it has been happening sporadically in different areas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom